[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Thanks for all the great replies to our questions! When are you usually in-game?
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
tainium wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:
...I would run 2x curses as auras are pretty much wasted on Flame Golems.
Please explain why auras are wasted on Flame Golems.

Anger is probably the best one, but adds very little damage for the cost.

Haste's cast speed is nice, but Dex requirement get very heavy near level 20. Golems get enough movement speed from rings, ammy and Frenzy charges already.

Hatred and Wrath are best of the damage auras, but don't work with Flame Golems.

Defensive auras are good for character, but Golems don't really need them.
Thanks for this feedback. I've been trying to run a hybrid Aurabot/Golemancer in order to 1) Be primarily a support character but also to 2) be able to run solo whenever I want. I don't mean to be off topic in your thread, but can you tell me if Golems are just the wrong type of Minion for what I want to do? Should I be using something like Spectres instead to go with 7-9 auras?
"
tainium wrote:
...I would run 2x curses as auras are pretty much wasted on Flame Golems.Please explain why auras are wasted on Flame Golems.
Anger is probably the best one, but adds very little damage for the cost.

Haste's cast speed is nice, but Dex requirement get very heavy near level 20. Golems get enough movement speed from rings, ammy and Frenzy charges already.

Hatred and Wrath are best of the damage auras, but don't work with Flame Golems.

Defensive auras are good for character, but Golems don't really need them.Thanks for this feedback. I've been trying to run a hybrid Aurabot/Golemancer in order to 1) Be primarily a support character but also to 2) be able to run solo whenever I want. I don't mean to be off topic in your thread, but can you tell me if Golems are just the wrong type of Minion for what I want to do? Should I be using something like Spectres instead to go with 7-9 auras?

I'm usually online at 21:00-23:00 Gmt +3 :)

My friend started doing my build with Guardian. He's using Flame Golems lvl 19/20(no empower) at the moment and Golems clear even T14 in slow speed. Flame Golems aura build is doable, but damage can be really low in T16 or over boss fights. It should be however more than enough for T15 and below.

Aura based minion builds usually use SRS as they benefit from both melee auras and anger. Auramancers usually have high mana regen from clarity so SRS cost is not problem. I'm 90% sure that SRS is best minion based aura build in terms of clearspeed and DPS. It is however completely different to play as it requires active casting and can't do no regen maps.

If you want more passive play style you can use Flame Golems for medium speed. Other choise is to mix Melee based Stone Golems and Melee spectres. This will let minions get bonus from Hatred and maybe Wrath with phys to lightning. Problem is however melee based Golems and spectres horrible AI.

I'd say it's worth try with Flame Golems, as you can easily convert for other Golems or add spectres. Even switch for SRS if all else fails is easy.

PS. I checked your gear and you can try swapping SRS for 6 link and Golems in the helmet for extra coverage. Golem's gain next to nothing from "United in dream" and "envy" as fire damage can't poison. SRS on the other hand stacks poison very quickly with "Envy"

Golem links should be Flame Golem -> Empower -> Gmp -> Spell Echo.

Srs maybe SRS -> Empower -> Minion damage -> Melee Phys -> Multistrike -> (Added Chaos/Melee Splash)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on May 3, 2017, 3:44:18 AM
I just completed a Palace T14 Corrupted Rare Map at lvl 81. I killed both stages of dominus super easy under a minute no deaths at all. I want to thank you for this build and endorse it! :)

Note- I changed out my enhance in helmet for arctic armor instead. Enhance is better for temp chains but if you don't have the levels on it yet arctic armor mitigates phys damage better i find.

Spoiler
gear

Last edited by clandestinehp on May 3, 2017, 1:12:07 AM
"
clandestinehp wrote:
I just completed a Palace T14 Corrupted Rare Map at lvl 81. I killed both stages of dominus super easy under a minute no deaths at all. I want to thank you for this build and endorse it! :)

Note- I changed out my enhance in helmet for arctic armor instead. Enhance is better for temp chains but if you don't have the levels on it yet arctic armor mitigates phys damage better i find.

Spoiler
gear

Thank you very much and glad to hear you like it :)

In the end all T15 and below bosses except maybe Malachai will become very trivial. It's very easy to level up to lvl 95 without many deaths if avoiding Core and Guardians for now.

Arctic Armour is very good skill for channeling / caster builds as they are stationary, but Golemancer has to run almost all the time in boss fights as it uses CI and no leech. It however negates only big minus which is lack of armour, so it might be worth running if you can stay stationary enough for it to work.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist

Awesome build, it is a little different but it's not the popular build that the elementalist are doing when they just die. I can basically just shield charge my way through up to T12 maps, after that i go slower.

Question thou, this is my gear. Right now I am running just disc as an aura. I like having the mana to cast flame golem every 8 seconds for the buff. Should I be doing something else?

Thanks for the build, I may actually hit 100 on it.

"

Awesome build, it is a little different but it's not the popular build that the elementalist are doing when they just die. I can basically just shield charge my way through up to T12 maps, after that i go slower.

Question thou, this is my gear. Right now I am running just disc as an aura. I like having the mana to cast flame golem every 8 seconds for the buff. Should I be doing something else?

Thanks for the build, I may actually hit 100 on it.

Hey :)

Just checked your tree and gear and they differs hugely from mine. You need 4x Flame Golems with charges from Victario's Charity or 5-6 Golems With elementalist. Just 4x Golems with plains shield will clear maps very slowly.

Maybe with your gear and tree going for elementalist would be more effective? You don't seem so be using Offerings with cwdt and extra Golems would boost your dps and make them immortal to elemental damage.
Last edited by mika2salo on May 6, 2017, 5:24:13 PM
"

What the. lol . The idiots who are doing the killing bosses while dead gameplay have totally no respect for their own time. You need to stay alive to apply EE, curses and position your golems to prevent them from using immolate.

I am just hoping you don't imagine that is the real end game state of a golementalist build.

Mika has a great build guide here and what's below is just for your reference...

Here is a video of my golentalist doing Uber Atziri deathless. Pretty smooth at the trio too not just the elemental dmg heavy bosses . I lost 0 flame golems although my secondary golem in a 0 link died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDldtHLwZA

http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7lhk5.jpg
Last edited by TheVengefulOne on May 10, 2017, 12:57:39 AM
"
"

What the. lol . The idiots who are doing the killing bosses while dead gameplay have totally no respect for their own time. You need to stay alive to apply EE, curses and position your golems to prevent them from using immolate.

I am just hoping you don't imagine that is the real end game state of a golementalist build.

Mika has a great build guide here and what's below is just for your reference...

Here is a video of my golentalist doing Uber Atziri deathless. Pretty smooth at the trio too not just the elemental dmg heavy bosses . I lost 0 flame golems although my secondary golem in a 0 link died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDldtHLwZA

Tanky Elementalist-Golemancer sure is rare build and catches attention. Nice too see non-suicide build once in a while. Your gear is very good, gz on getting it. Such high ES and res rolls must have cost a fortune.

You don't seem to use many defense mechanics, so your build style is most expensive one, which is stacking exalts on exalts until you stop dying at all.

I would love to see your builds clear speed in normal maps. You basically can't die in any below T15 map, but you have no minion movement speed or charge generation. It's just 4 Flame Golems shooting at lowest possible speed.

Some questions I have :
- Is map clear speed still ok?
- Why don't you use GMP on Golem links?
- How much gear costed in total?
- Can you do all bosses deathless easily or hard?
- Do you have time to cast Scorching Ray in boss fight and is damage increase notable?
Last edited by mika2salo on May 11, 2017, 1:22:51 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Tanky Elementalist-Golemancer sure is rare build and catches attention. Nice too see non-suicide build once in a while. Your gear is very good, gz on getting it. Such high ES and res rolls must have cost a fortune.

You don't seem to use many defense mechanics, so your build style is most expensive one, which is stacking exalts on exalts until you stop dying at all.

I would love to see your builds clear speed in normal maps. You basically can't die in any below T15 map, but you have no minion movement speed or charge generation. It's just 4 Flame Golems shooting at lowest possible speed.

Some questions I have :
- Is map clear speed still ok?
- Why don't you use GMP on Golem links?
- How much gear costed in total?
- Can you do all bosses deathless easily or hard?
- Do you have time to cast Scorching Ray in boss fight and is damage increase notable?

Such is the way of ES regen tanks :p. I have a 18k armour 5.4k hp 1.5k es, legacy aegis 73/68 passive block golemancer too (TheRuthlessOne) which was much cheaper to setup and was unkillable in maps sans volatiles :s but had terrible survivability against bosses (hp builds without leech ugh). Got annoyed at some of the deaths and decided to setup this CI regen tank char.

Clear speed is alright tbh. Erm lowest cast speed means 0 right? I don't think I have 0% cast speed lol. Let's look at minion damage. 7 harmonies + 1 eminence + 40% golem enchant + 65% minion dmg from tree + 12% cast speed from tree. 7 *20*2 + 40+ 65 = 385% minion dmg with 32% inc cast speed. That is still ok damage. On top of that I have a dual curse setup of elemental weakness and flammability linked to gmp + ball lightning(EE) which brings dps to a more than acceptable level for mapping and boss kills. Path of building is not always right especially when it comes to minion skills/damage but it has my golem's flame wave pegged at 113k effective dps against normal mobs and 75k against bosses ( reduced curse effectiveness and fire res) . When everything dies within a single cast it honestly doesn't matter too much how fast or slow you cast speed is. Your clear speed is now possibly bottle-necked by your skill cooldowns which is what the harmonies are for.
Some base cooldown numbers : Flame wave cooldown is 2 seconds, Magma ball is 6 seconds.

tldr : I hit harder you cast faster :s

It would be easy for me to swap to a 11.5k es 6 golems, 11 harmonies [700 %+ inc dmg with dual curse] setup which does way more damage with 10 regrets and a few equipment swaps. But the main goal of this build is to be unkillable even in the worst situations while being able to do all content at a decent speed.

I have never relied much on minion speed for my summoner builds unless they are zombie focused. The playstyle would be a bit different where you have to run ahead and drag your minions along or forcefully port them when you exceed the leash distance[I have 2 quicksilvers] when convocation is on cooldown.

The most common skill used by flame golems against monsters in melee range is flame wave which is gimped by GMP's less modifier. By replacing GMP with elemental focus, single target damage against bosses becomes so much more reliable and higher. I do have a 2nd chest which I swap to for GMP for map clearing if needed. Tried forcing the golems to use magma ball on boss fights with frost wall before etc but it was so terribly clumsy and awkward.

Mentioned it a few times on reddit but almost all of my rare gear is self crafted[maybe 20 ex in crafting cost + a lifetime of luck] :p recently bought a + 1 regalia for 15 ex and that's about it. I would think everything adds up to quite a bit though!

yeah all bosses are really easy on this char so there is no problem doing them deathless.

The dps increase from scorching ray is immense :O. Scorching Ray + vaal lightning trap just makes bosses vaporize

http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7lhk5.jpg
Last edited by TheVengefulOne on May 11, 2017, 8:14:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info