[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hey! Ok, if you run triple curse, do you disable Discipline? Or how does that work with the reserved mana?
plesae tell me ?

how to 5 golem ?
For 5 golems you're gonna need to either be an Elementalist and keep the shield, or get rid of the shield on Necro and pick up a second clayshaper.

This is my third league with a golem build, and I'm still learning, but I enjoy nerco build far more than I did Elementalist. The thing I liked about Elementalist was dying to a big boss, leaving the room, and coming back to loot, but you can't do that anymore, so IMO, Necro is the way to go.

I have not looked too far into it, but with

equipped instead of a second clayshaper I've not noticed a drop in clear speed at all vs another golem, it might even be faster.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To mika2salo and Shiverwarp

Once again, thanks for always talking back and forth about different build styles, I've really enjoyed all the great info you're giving out.

I've switched over at level 94 to having less HP/ES for faster boss killing. Wow, those TV specs help a LOT.

I run Pit of the Chimera a lot every league, and there is no comparison, I've never killed him as fast as this league, and my gear could still use some upgrades, as well as gems.

Did Vaal Temple no problem, have not tried shaper yet, but it should be pretty simple since I know the battle decently. The only map that messed me up hard was Hall of Grandmasters.

Current gear:

I keep forgetting to change my abyss jewel, but that can be fixed. I've got the money for +1 boots, but no level 8 Vor to change colors :/. Looks for better rings all the time. I do have a question about clayshaper though

I bought this one, was going to do animate guardian, zombies, empower. I also have one that is melee splash that is blue/blue/red where I'd do animate, zombies, and minion life.

Which of those two options do you think is better?

Oh, sorry one last question. I don't see myself getting a corrupted skin of the loyal +1 chest, so would my chest be better than an empower chest, since I can't farm that much currency?
Last edited by sumfight on Jan 19, 2018, 11:38:28 AM
4B1R1G will be the most damage for golems, but they'll lose life (Unless as you say you have level 4 empower and +2 gems SoTL)

For the clayshaper, you can just use vorici 8 to craft sockets on corrupted items. I personally wouldn't value it that much, I've actually cut the Animate Guardian from my current build because I found it was more of a hassle than a real help. If you're using it to curse, then maybe it would be worth.
So because getting the *right* colors are obscenely expensive, I went ahead and bought
Its RRGGBB . I would like to make this work some how, some way. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do with the extra green socket?

Last edited by Tygerwoody on Jan 19, 2018, 1:30:08 PM
Hi there,

I've started to learn everything i can about this build, and there is so much to read !
Well, after having a first sight, i have a question about the helmet (The Vertex). The stat about reduced mana cost is useless because it doesn't apply to mana reservation, right ?
So what about using Heretic's Veil ? It gives some ES, free blasphemy lvl 22, +1 to curse gems and reduced mana reserved.

We could use 2 curses on this setup, with enlighten linked.

Enjoyed the guide so far, keep make it live like it does today :)

Would this be one of the BiS chests for this build? Or since i'd have to drop controlled destruction/minion damage for a fire pen, not really since it'd be for a pure life version of the build?

plannin it around getting 5~6k life, 60/59 block before rumi's, and having 30k evasion with 20/20 enfeeble w/ lvl 4 enhance + about 20% chance to blind on hit from abyssal jewels

Last edited by djfang on Jan 20, 2018, 6:17:37 AM

I've been experimenting with hungry loop. So I can use spectres + golems. Works pretty well, I've been wondering if I should get a vis mortis lol.

Wish PoB could show the new spectres dps
Last edited by sutoraiku123 on Jan 20, 2018, 5:04:36 AM
"
wurzinho wrote:
"
Hey and thanks for support ^^

Golems are made as tanky as they can be while doing optimal damage. This ensures that you dont have to keep summoning them and can focus on kiting in boss fights. The resummon bonus from Might is very small and its not really worth using.

When you log in, you can turn of either Temp Chains or Discipline, summon Golems and Animate Guardian and then turn aura back ok. Or you can take mana reduction nodes to free enough mana to be able to summon Golems while auras are on.

Your char is private so I can't see your links, but make sure "Discipline" is not connected to "Enhance". It will raise its mana reservation while adding only useless aura radius.

Thanks for your quick reply - duly noted - i thought, its better to cast the golems all the time.

I changed my acc settings - i quick check from your side is always welcome :)

Hi :)

Try to get quality on Temp Chain and Blasphemy as soon as possibly. This boosts TC effect and helps raising it to cap. Try also to take "Skittering Runes" nodes as soon as possible.

Swap Desecrate to left and Phase Run to right socket in Shield. Now Desecrate triggers after Phase Run and can cancel it.

I can't find any rare jewels with "Ele Res to minions" that you are using. Try to get at least 1x with 10% ele res roll for minions and they will be capped for resistances even when not in your aura radius.

"
Hey mate,very nice job on the guide,however i have some questions about leveling.

First things first,i'm playing STANDARD and i'm following your guide very strictly,im level 70 with the first lab,but about to doing the 2nd and the 3rd,but i have some issues.

I have Midnight Bargain,Victario's (2 clayshapers in stash ready to use) skin of the loyal 5l sidhebreath,boots of ullr (have rainbowstride at stash),so in general i have almost everything as you mention in your guide,except The anima and the primo might (hence i can't afford either of it.)

Question is,what gems should i use except 5l golemancer which is obvious.
What else should i pritorize than minion def,ele resist and attack?

I'm lvl 70 and all i could do is an alced t5 map cautiously,had nemesis mod on enemies and almost 200% crit chance to them and -20 rezz,my res is capped with purity + stuff.

I can do t1 t2 maps easily with much mods,but can't do t3 quick,coz it gives me some trouble and so on.

Btw im using all of the minions,srs,8 zombies,4 spectres,skeletons,1 flame golem (since i can't use skin of the loyal + clay coz of some issues.) so my golem is not on full potential,also missing the anima and the might that would give me more options.

Thank you for answering,im really looking forward to your guide :)

Hey and thanks for support ^^

I checked your links and gear and they look pretty random. Absolutely most important links are :

Flame Golem / Specter

These are your main damage dealers. You don't really need any other minions to clear maps for you, so links them as fast as possibly and keep them alive.

Temporal Chains(quality 20) -> Blasphemy(quality 20) -> Enhance (All in +1 level item)

This is your most important defense. Try to get maximal quality on gems as soon as possible, as high level enhance as you can buy and place all on preferably +1 level item. Take "Skittering Runes" skill nodes early if needed to maximize Temp Chains potential. After you have all set up you wont die often to monsters expect bosses.

For rest of the links and gear, try to copy default guide as much as possibly. Once everything is set up, it works really well. You can start customizing later once the defaults are working.

SidheBreath is pretty bad amulet as it wont give you HP or ES and helps little in keeping Specters alive. Its better to use Shapers Seed to give Specters regen and swap helmet to vertex.

"
Hey! Ok, if you run triple curse, do you disable Discipline? Or how does that work with the reserved mana?

Hey :)

You can run dual curse with enhance on both and Discipline if you take "Sovereignty" with lower mana reduction nodes from left side of the tree as extra to default tree. Normally you can run etc, Temp Chains + Enfeeble and Animate Guardian will curse Ele Weak when outside of your curses range, but as I have +1 curse Presence I can have all 3x curses on at the same time. TC + Proj Weak from me and Ele Weak from AG.

"
plesae tell me ?

how to 5 golem ?

"
For 5 golems you're gonna need to either be an Elementalist and keep the shield, or get rid of the shield on Necro and pick up a second clayshaper.

This is my third league with a golem build, and I'm still learning, but I enjoy nerco build far more than I did Elementalist. The thing I liked about Elementalist was dying to a big boss, leaving the room, and coming back to loot, but you can't do that anymore, so IMO, Necro is the way to go.

I have not looked too far into it, but with

equipped instead of a second clayshaper I've not noticed a drop in clear speed at all vs another golem, it might even be faster.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, you need aither take Elementalist or Scion + Elementalist to get 5th Golems with shield. Or you can drop shield and take second clayshaper. But DPS wont really increase as charges give Golems huge boost to cast speed.

"
To mika2salo and Shiverwarp

Once again, thanks for always talking back and forth about different build styles, I've really enjoyed all the great info you're giving out.

I've switched over at level 94 to having less HP/ES for faster boss killing. Wow, those TV specs help a LOT.

I run Pit of the Chimera a lot every league, and there is no comparison, I've never killed him as fast as this league, and my gear could still use some upgrades, as well as gems.

Did Vaal Temple no problem, have not tried shaper yet, but it should be pretty simple since I know the battle decently. The only map that messed me up hard was Hall of Grandmasters.

I keep forgetting to change my abyss jewel, but that can be fixed. I've got the money for +1 boots, but no level 8 Vor to change colors :/. Looks for better rings all the time. I do have a question about clayshaper though

I bought this one, was going to do animate guardian, zombies, empower. I also have one that is melee splash that is blue/blue/red where I'd do animate, zombies, and minion life.

Which of those two options do you think is better?

Oh, sorry one last question. I don't see myself getting a corrupted skin of the loyal +1 chest, so would my chest be better than an empower chest, since I can't farm that much currency?

"
4B1R1G will be the most damage for golems, but they'll lose life (Unless as you say you have level 4 empower and +2 gems SoTL)

For the clayshaper, you can just use vorici 8 to craft sockets on corrupted items. I personally wouldn't value it that much, I've actually cut the Animate Guardian from my current build because I found it was more of a hassle than a real help. If you're using it to curse, then maybe it would be worth.

Hello :)

Glad to hear it helped ^^

For the Clayshaper, I would craft 1 green on it with Voricis bench. This way you can insert Animate Guardian -> Shield Charge -> Faster Attack on it. AG would be 4 link as AG -> Melee Splash -> Faster Attack. This will make him less tanky, but it will save some links from other places. Just be careful in which bosses to use it.

You can also place Leap Slam -> AG -> Minion Life in 2r1b if you dont want to change colors. This makes AG more tanky and you can use Leap Slam to move from platform to another.

I'm personally fan of Empower as makes Golems pretty much immortal while giving same damage with high level empower, but 4b1r1g works also fine. If Golems start dying and you dont like raising them, you can upgrade to empower color SotL later.

"
So because getting the *right* colors are obscenely expensive, I went ahead and bought

Its RRGGBB . I would like to make this work some how, some way. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do with the extra green socket?

Change Volley to Slower Projectiles as it has "more" damage multiplier. It has 20% less damage than Cont Dest or Fire Pene but is still very nice damage boost.

"
Hi there,

I've started to learn everything i can about this build, and there is so much to read !
Well, after having a first sight, i have a question about the helmet (The Vertex). The stat about reduced mana cost is useless because it doesn't apply to mana reservation, right ?
So what about using Heretic's Veil ? It gives some ES, free blasphemy lvl 22, +1 to curse gems and reduced mana reserved.

We could use 2 curses on this setup, with enlighten linked.

Enjoyed the guide so far, keep make it live like it does today :)

Hello :)

The main idea of Vertex is to provide item with tons of ES and +1 level to socketed items. +1 level to Enhance linked to Temp Chain is what really breaks the curse. You wont get this kind of boost with Heretics Veil and will only and with 2x weak curses. Imho maxed TC is better than any combination of 2x weaker curses. The 50% reduced mana wont do anything for curses in Vertex.

Thx, I will keep new stuff coming ^^

"
Would this be one of the BiS chests for this build? Or since i'd have to drop controlled destruction/minion damage for a fire pen, not really.

Thats very nice chest, but builds default items are high ES items. SotL boosts ES from other items, so it ends with lots of EHP (HP + ES) boost. Life is less important stat than ES as we have less increased life nodes.

Your armor would be better for "The Baron" zombie builds as they scale with STR and not ES. You can however try the build with that armor and see how it works. If it doenst work well, you can always buy 2r2g2b Sotl for 20-30c later and have same +1 level on gems.

"
I've been experimenting with hungry loop. So I can use spectres + golems. Works pretty well, I've been wondering if I should get a vis mortis lol.

Good to hear that Hungry loop is working. It has no HP or ES so I have been very cautious about it myself.

Sotl vs Vis Mortis comes down to taste and rest of gear.

If you have high ES gear, Sotl will give more ES as it scales with other items. The +1 to gems also makes Golems main skill and gives them nice boost in offence.

Vis Mortis will give more ES if you are using low ES items (Bones or Ulr and Hungry loop) and gives you +1 Specter. If you can find +2 minion level helmet with minion damage and conc effect, stick Golems there.

Golems have about 1,5x aggro range compared to Specs when using Might so they clear faster, but Specs can have higher single target DPS. It depends if you feel you want more clear or boss kill speed.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Hi,

Many thanks for this very interesting and detailled build.
Is it possible for you to paste the last version of the POB link?

I am a bit lost in all these posts and differents settings.. ^^'

Many thanks for your post and the sharing.
Have a nice POE day, ;o)
Ldsfrancois
Last edited by ldsfrancois on Jan 20, 2018, 5:53:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info