[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
ElJesse wrote:
im running psuedo-6 link tukohama vanguard spectres in my helmet and they seem to die super easy, any way to improve this? Or another spectre that can help with single target and not die while clearing

Hello :)

Cant see any items on your char, but you seem to have soul weaver. what usually helps is try to get as high level specters as possible (check /6666 global channel for portals) and cap minion resistances with 2x rare jewels with 19% total ele res for minions.

My t16 TV specs can tank pretty much anything with just soul weaver and capped ele res.

"

Good idea! it would shore up the defenses nicely. Totems should be at 60% resist, since they have base 40% to all elements, plus 20% from Commander of Darkness while affected by our Discipline, since they are considered an "Ally". Minion and Totem resistance will cap them out. I will do more testing once spell totem is higher level to really assess how easily it dies.

"
Yes this definitely works, however I don't think it's relevant to golems since we would have to cut out the clay shaper, which is a big ask. Also requires a fast attack to proc the gems quickly, usually people use Frenzy.

Also: I've put another Spirit Offering back in the CWDT, and dropped the faster casting from the Spell Totem for now. This just helps heal up from stray hits while re-positioning, because the CWC Spirit offering has a bit of a set up time, so if you're in a dangerous spot (Ground AoE, etc) it can make moving tough. This seems to help with that, makes me feel much safer.

Hey :)

I tested the unearth + different links but as I don't have char with almost 50/50 HP + ES ratio, the spirit offer gave nice ES heal but needs more base HP to really help.

However I checked lots of other builds using unearth + spirit offering and they can heal almost instantly, so the links are working as good as you told :)

I'm trying to figure if the unearth can be used to proc EE without adding jewel with no minion damage mod. Shaper rings can actually roll "adds lightning damage to spells and attacks", so maybe i can find good roll to test it.

*edit*

Bought test ring and it really works with Unearth -> gmp -> spell totem in procing EE. Only problem is that unearths ability to spread EE triggers is pretty limited, so it can be only used againt rares / bosses. At least this setup wont waste jewel socket, so need more testing.

"
hello, im a new player at POE and i love the game even if its extremely complex compare at my old game d3:) i wanted go with this build because it seemed fun but right now i think i have problem, with my build i have some problem to clear t2-t3 maximum and it seem that i cant get more that 2 fire golems(im not even sure about my build, i would really need more help) the gem for the 2x extra is not cheap at all and it seem that it would surely make a difference, i feel weak a bit in damage tbh,

i hope someone is gonna help me with this, im taking any help whatever is long or not, what to do from now to upgrade myself,anything is welcome

TYVM

Your profile is set to private so i cant see them characters. You need to set them to public for me to see them.

Before running 4x Golems, try to use as many high tier solar guards or infernal mantles as possible. They work fine with new rare helmets that have :
- supported with lvl 18 minion damage
- supported with lvl 18 conc effect

so you can use them as 6 link.

Remember to raise specter level as you raise areas or lurk global /6666 for portals in high level maps.

Buy belt, rings and amulet with as much ES and HP as possible.

Hope this helps :)

"
Anyone here did the calculation with Harmonies? 4 Flame Golems or 3 Flame Golems & Another Random Golem with at least 8 Harmonies?

"
4 Golems x 20 x 8 = 640 Total Output
3 Golems x 40 x 8 = 960 Total Output

You lose 25% of your golems, but you double the increased damage for the remaining three. So it works out to about a 50% increase in total output damage.

This ignores all other increases in damage.

Hi :)

I have tested all combos with mixing golems with 4-6 golems in necro and elementalist in path of building. No matter how I mix I cant get significantly higher total dps than just 4x flame golems + victarios shield.

Problem with adding more golem types is that you lose shooting Golems. if any of your 3x Flame Golems gets stuck in the wall you lose 33% of total damage. If any of 4x Flame Golems gets stuck in the wall you lose 25% of total damage.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 27, 2017, 8:22:04 PM
Not sure how you weren't able to get more DPS with 4+1+1 and 10 harmonies, the damage output with that is three times what I can get as Necro. The new helms mean the other two golems are no slouch either, Level 23 (or 24 with a +3) with Minion Damage, Minion Life, Spell Echo and Ele Focus still do some serious damage.

As you pointed out in your FAQ though, it gives up a lot of survivability. No shield and no offerings means you can't tank almost anything. Instant flasks and Vaal Discipline are about all you have.

Last edited by Aboba on Dec 28, 2017, 12:31:06 AM
Hi,

i'm trying this build in Abyss league, today i've finally bought my Primordial Might jewel.
When i equip the jewel, my golems becomes static, they always stay behind me, a lot... Fortunately i have 6 zombies for now that blocks the enemy mob.
Anyone has the same problem?

TY.
Last edited by Steven_B12 on Dec 28, 2017, 10:58:20 AM
I keep reading people mention Specters but I don't see them anywhere in your build.

Where do you mention them? What piece of gear are they on?

Thanks
When righteousness falters
And chaos threatens to prevail
I take on a physical body
And manifest myself on earth.
"
Steven_B12 wrote:
Hi,

i'm trying this build in Abyss league, today i've finally bought my Primordial Might jewel.
When i equip the jewel, my golems becomes static, they always stay behind me, a lot... Fortunately i have 6 zombies for now that blocks the enemy mob.

TY.

Primordial Might vastly increases the AoE of their aggro. The biggest benefit from Primordial Might is it makes them attack bosses even when you're dodging things.

Normally, without Might, they will drop aggro if you aren't actively using an ability AT the enemy.

Might is also quite decent for mapping because it will usually mean they are using their Molten Ball ability more often due to their positioning and aggro range.

Realistically it's about preference. Not having might gives you more control over your golems, BUT it also means that you constantly HAVE to control them, meaning you'll often lose damage while fighting bosses.

After experimenting some more (I was initially on the No-Might side) I find that Primordial Might is just too good against bosses. It means you can concentrate fully on staying alive, while your golems constantly do damage. In general mapping I just use Convocation for positioning. This is Hardcore perspective.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Dec 28, 2017, 5:48:15 PM
"
Aboba wrote:
Not sure how you weren't able to get more DPS with 4+1+1 and 10 harmonies, the damage output with that is three times what I can get as Necro. The new helms mean the other two golems are no slouch either, Level 23 (or 24 with a +3) with Minion Damage, Minion Life, Spell Echo and Ele Focus still do some serious damage.

As you pointed out in your FAQ though, it gives up a lot of survivability. No shield and no offerings means you can't tank almost anything. Instant flasks and Vaal Discipline are about all you have.

Hello :)

After certain point adding "increased" damage will give only small benefits. I used these path of building trees :

Necromancer, 4x Golems, Necro Aegis with Victarios Charity, 6x Harmonies
- 101k DPS per Flame Golem
- https://pastebin.com/nJnt3ETc

Elementalist, Same tree, 2x Clayshapers and 4+1+1 mix, 8x Harmonies
- 87k DPS per Flame Golem
- https://pastebin.com/sQ0iwFra

Exaclty same tree was used on both and same gear expect i added more harmonies on Elementalist and second Clayshaper.

What really increases the damage is "more" damage modifier, charges and cast speed.

"
Hi,

TY.

"
Primordial Might vastly increases the AoE of their aggro. The biggest benefit from Primordial Might is it makes them attack bosses even when you're dodging things.

Normally, without Might, they will drop aggro if you aren't actively using an ability AT the enemy.

Might is also quite decent for mapping because it will usually mean they are using their Molten Ball ability more often due to their positioning and aggro range.

Realistically it's about preference. Not having might gives you more control over your golems, BUT it also means that you constantly HAVE to control them, meaning you'll often lose damage while fighting bosses.

After experimenting some more (I was initially on the No-Might side) I find that Primordial Might is just too good against bosses. It means you can concentrate fully on staying alive, while your golems constantly do damage. In general mapping I just use Convocation for positioning. This is Hardcore perspective.

Hi :)

Primordial Might makes Golems more aggressive, so they will wander farther away from you to attack enemies. This means that they will stay farther behind to finish enemies and also keep attacking boss while you are kiting farther away. Might has both advantages and disadvantages and comes down to personal preference.

I recommend using Convocation or shield charging through / by mobs to force Golems to teleport to you if you are having troubles keeping up with you. Best upgrade would be Minion speed on rings and other gear as Golem speed is not limited and with 60-100% movement speed they will run with you. That is something Specters cant do as their speed is still capped. I would not however change any 6-link gem to minion speed.

"
I keep reading people mention Specters but I don't see them anywhere in your build.

Where do you mention them? What piece of gear are they on?

Thanks

Specters are mainly used to level the build and to collect currency while saving for Anima Stone and 4x Golems. However this league there are lots of "pseudo" 6-links, so many guide followers have been mixing specters on helmet with 6 link in them.

Helmet like this can be used with "Solar Guard" Specters, and with "increased burning damage support" instead of conc effect you can use "Tukohama Vanguards". You can check Leveling section of the guide for more info about the Specters ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 28, 2017, 7:14:37 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:
After certain point adding "increased" damage will give only small benefits. I used these path of building trees:
I don't believe this is an accurate characterization. "Increased" will do what it implies, which is increase damage, no more, no less. Although it increases additively rather than truly multiplicatively (as with "More" multipliers), you'd need to already have +2000% increased damage to safely say it gives "only small benefits".

"
Necromancer, 4x Golems, Necro Aegis with Victarios Charity, 6x Harmonies
- 101k DPS per Flame Golem
- https://pastebin.com/nJnt3ETc

Elementalist, Same tree, 2x Clayshapers and 4+1+1 mix, 8x Harmonies
- 87k DPS per Flame Golem
- https://pastebin.com/sQ0iwFra

Exaclty same tree was used on both and same gear expect i added more harmonies on Elementalist and second Clayshaper.

What really increases the damage is "more" damage modifier, charges and cast speed.
Disagree here as well. What is best for your overall flame golem DPS is an optimal mix of "More", "Increased", "cast speed", and others. I really advise against discounting the value of "Increased" mods.

There are a few reasons you're not getting better output from your Elementalist tree:
- Your tree isn't optimized for ELE
- You are not using any Eminence
- Your gem links aren't optimized (AG vs. real 20/20 EleWeakness; Emp4 vs. EleFocus)
- others

Here is a more optimized Elementalist tree:
+ 154k DPS per Flame Golem (Magma Ball)
+ https://pastebin.com/MRNvnEU8
+ 500 more EHP than the NEC tree
+ can easily hit 250k+ on extreme offense version

"
Aboba wrote:
Not sure I totally agree here. Offerings are pretty big, but Elementalist has access to lots of defensive tech as well. It just depends what you spend your gem slots on.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Dec 29, 2017, 7:48:58 AM
Thank you for the answers, i will keep testing the jewel, and as soon i have a decent amount of chaos i will try to buy rings with minion speed.

Thank you again and happy new year :)
Is this build better at boss killing than spectres build?

Got this one. I hope it's good enough for our build...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info