[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Latest update from Shiverwarp's crazy adventures in Hardcore Abyss with Golems:

Spirit Offering. is. OBSCENE.

https://gfycat.com/DismalColdCommongonolek

All it takes is a GMP Unearth Totem and you are effectively immortal, except to one-shots. Even more so at higher levels of Cast While Channeling. (In this gif I have level 10 CWC, and no faster casting in unearth totem)

The only weakness is if your totem somehow dies to AoE or is targetted.

So, as I started getting higher in tiers, I noticed my damage just wasn't cutting it while using the max block version, even with 7 near perfect Harmonies. So I was thinking of alternatives, and how I might use Victario's Charity for the huge damage and speed it gives the golems.

Hybrid is sort of weird with max block necromancer, because one of the biggest things (Life on block) almost never comes into play, because we don't want to be down to our life. I even experimented with a Shaped ES on block + spellblock shield to remedy this, but the golem damage was still a problem.

I had already been messing around with Spirit Offering in my CWDT, so I explored a bit more with it, and it is incredibly powerful now that we have a non-cooldown way of creating corpses via Unearth. If we had space for a 5L, it could be completely automated within a CWC, but alas we'll have to do with the totem requirement for now.

Added bonus: This also makes our golems and guardian immortal as well, as they are constantly gaining ES as well as 30% elemental resist. This means we can drop Empower from golems and go for more damage instead of the extra life that empower gives.

New gem slots as follows:

Spoiler

6L Chest: [4B-1R-1G] Flame Golem - Spell Echo - GMP - Minion Damage - Ele Focus - Controlled Destruction
Empower no longer needed, according to PoB, the only way that Empower overtakes Controlled Destruction in damage is if you have a level 4 Empower AND a +2 gem level chest. This just isn't feasible in my opinion, so if your golems don't die, this is the way to go.

And until you get a level 4 Empower in a +1 chest, fire pen and slower proj are still more damage than Empower. Empower is a great middle ground if you have trouble with golems dying, however, albeit very expensive.

4L Gloves/Boots (Spirit Offering CWC) [GBBB] Storm Burst - Cast While Channelling - Desecrate - Spirit Offering
Storm burst for proccing EE, no longer need the Abyss gem I was using with Unearth previously. Desecrate in the links just in case of emergencies where you need to heal your ES quickly without having cast the Unearth Totem beforehand.

4S Gloves/Boots (Unearth Totem) [GGRB] Unearth - GMP - Spell Totem - Faster Casting

Unearth totem so that we always have corpses to consume with Spirit Offering. In the gif I only have a level 13 spell totem, so it's very vulnerable, but shouldn't be too bad at higher levels. Just place it somewhere where you aren't standing, and not in the way of mobs, but close enough to shoot at them. Faster casting link means we'll regain ES more quickly, because CWC casts very quickly, and nothing wrong with being tankier.

4L Helm (Geofri's Crest until Vertex) [GGBB] Temp Chains - Ele Weak/Enfeeble - Blasphemy - Enhance

Nothing to change here, still amazing, no reason to mess with it. I'll often swap in Enfeeble for crit rolled maps.

3L Weapon/Shield (Guardian + Convocation) [RRB] Animate Guardian - Minion life - Convocation

I can't live without convocation anymore. It's a requirement in this build for me.

Our animate guardian is much tankier with constant ES gain, so I've put more damage/utility items on him (Dying Breath, victario's flight, leer cast). He wasn't summoned in the gif because I had just rolled over to 20% gems, and I didn't want him to die.

3L Weapon/Shield (CWDT / Disc) [RRB] CWDTlv1 - Immortal Call - Discipline

Two flex slots here. Dropping faster casting from the spell totem to fit a full Shield Charge- Faster Attacks - Fortify was a consideration, but I've gotten very used to just running around with flasks, and having a flame dash on weapon swap for ledges.

I stick with my immortal call. As usual, you can put whatever you prefer here. Phase run, arctic breath, vortex, whatever.

Flasks:
Rumi's no longer worth it since I'm not investing in block at all. Just using a Stibnite rolled with Shock immunity. This means I can have full immunity to Freeze/Shock/Bleed/Ignite/Curses on flasks.

As always, there are downsides to everything. I'm back with CWC again, and that means standing still, which I'm never a fan of. However, the ability to facetank via an almost pre-nerf Vaal Pact health recovery, negates this a little. It's also fine to dodge, because I do have the backup desecrate in the CWC links, so it isn't all or nothing.

As always, really welcome anyone's critique and opinions! Thanks so much mika2solo for being so active in this thread, and always responding to what seems like every post.

Merry Christmas!
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Dec 25, 2017, 6:22:20 AM
if desecrate is just used for leveling with specters, what would be something good to replace it with ?
Any suggestions about how can i fit magic find in this build?
"
justin5862 wrote:
if desecrate is just used for leveling with specters, what would be something good to replace it with ?

Level 1 desecrate is still used in a CWDT in the base build for Bone Offering
"
lordchopf wrote:
how is a golemancer for running labs?

I am not talking about speed running, just looking for some relaxed play style(which is why i hate vaal pact, it makes traps a nightmare)

this might be obvious;

but in case of opting out of necromantic aegis, a second clayshaper would be best right?

Hello :)

Labyrinth is doable but not enjoyable. Lack of armour, no ES regen and 2-3k health makes traps pretty bad even with 9k plus EHP.

Izaro gets wrecked with Temporal Chains and Golems can be recast if they happen to die in traps so boss fights are very easy if you can just stay alive in traps.

"
Got my first shaper kill of the season and I just wanted to say thanks for this guide. Feels nice actually killing him and not afk'ing watching a show.

Hey and thanks for support ^^

Gz on shaper kill! Endgame boss fights require better kiting now that boss can't be killed while dead but with good kiting, high level temporal chains and automated defenses none of the endgame bosses should be very hard after getting used to boss mechanics.

"
I got about 600c and i dont know what i should upgrade next, can somebody take a look and give me some advise?
THX

Hi :)

First upgrades are usually Golems levels and raising EHP as high as possible. I would get Skin of the Loyal as soon as possible and pair it with Flame Golems level 21 / 0 and Empower 3. Enhance level 3 for Vertex boosts Temporal Chains nicely and wont cost that much.

You can also go for rings with more HP / ES and change amulet to Presence of Chayula if budget allows it.

"
Latest update from Shiverwarp's crazy adventures in Hardcore Abyss with Golems:

Spirit Offering. is. OBSCENE.

https://gfycat.com/DismalColdCommongonolek

All it takes is a GMP Unearth Totem and you are effectively immortal, except to one-shots. Even more so at higher levels of Cast While Channeling. (In this gif I have level 10 CWC, and no faster casting in unearth totem)

The only weakness is if your totem somehow dies to AoE or is targetted.

So, as I started getting higher in tiers, I noticed my damage just wasn't cutting it while using the max block version, even with 7 near perfect Harmonies. So I was thinking of alternatives, and how I might use Victario's Charity for the huge damage and speed it gives the golems.

Hybrid is sort of weird with max block necromancer, because one of the biggest things (Life on block) almost never comes into play, because we don't want to be down to our life. I even experimented with a Shaped ES on block + spellblock shield to remedy this, but the golem damage was still a problem.

I had already been messing around with Spirit Offering in my CWDT, so I explored a bit more with it, and it is incredibly powerful now that we have a non-cooldown way of creating corpses via Unearth. If we had space for a 5L, it could be completely automated within a CWC, but alas we'll have to do with the totem requirement for now.

Added bonus: This also makes our golems and guardian immortal as well, as they are constantly gaining ES as well as 30% elemental resist. This means we can drop Empower from golems and go for more damage instead of the extra life that empower gives.

New gem slots as follows:

SpoilerShow

As always, there are downsides to everything. I'm back with CWC again, and that means standing still, which I'm never a fan of. However, the ability to facetank via an almost pre-nerf Vaal Pact health recovery, negates this a little. It's also fine to dodge, because I do have the backup desecrate in the CWC links, so it isn't all or nothing.

As always, really welcome anyone's critique and opinions! Thanks so much mika2solo for being so active in this thread, and always responding to what seems like every post.

Merry Christmas!

Hello and thanks for detailed report ^^

I'm going to test GMP, unearth and different Offerings as soon as I get back from holidays. Your reports have been fun read and raised lots of curiosity, GIF is awesome as always. Very nice and potentially pretty broken interaction with unearth and Offering ;)

I like the CWC EE setup with Unearth totem better than the Unearth EE one. Takes bit more space but seems to work better and should have better damage with more optimal jewels. If you need tankier Totems, you can always replace faster casting with totem and minion resistance gem as your Totems elemental resistances are extremely low and main reason why they die so fast.

Some item like "The Poet's Pen" should be tested to chain :
Unearth -> Spirit Offering -> Unearth -> Bone Offering to get best of both worlds. No idea yet if this can be done though.

I still would not drop Empower 4 from Golems as it gives both base damage and HP. The base HP might drop so much that they start to die in long DOT without breaks like Shaper laser, but that has to be tested.

Other thread users answering the questions help me a lot so thanks to you all also! ^^

"

"
Level 1 desecrate is still used in a CWDT in the base build for Bone Offering

Hey :)

Yep, just as mentioned desecrate is used to create corpses for the Bone Offering to consume. Only other high level Desecrate is used to raise Specters while leveling / if doint Golem and Specter mix.

"
Any suggestions about how can i fit magic find in this build?

Hi :)

Most common way was to change amulet to Biscos, but recent prices that might be too expensive. Other ways are to run item rarity gem instead of cont dest and (quantity in standard instead of empower).

Rings and rare amulets can also have decent rarity rolls if you drop minion speed from them.

MF usually means slower clear with minions so if might be best to just run as high rolled vaaled maps as you can get and run them with good clear speed as build can do all map mods.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 25, 2017, 5:50:50 PM
im running psuedo-6 link tukohama vanguard spectres in my helmet and they seem to die super easy, any way to improve this? Or another spectre that can help with single target and not die while clearing
Last edited by ElJesse on Dec 26, 2017, 12:15:17 AM
"
If you need tankier Totems, you can always replace faster casting with totem and minion resistance gem as your Totems elemental resistances are extremely low and main reason why they die so fast.

Good idea! it would shore up the defenses nicely. Totems should be at 60% resist, since they have base 40% to all elements, plus 20% from Commander of Darkness while affected by our Discipline, since they are considered an "Ally". Minion and Totem resistance will cap them out. I will do more testing once spell totem is higher level to really assess how easily it dies.

"
Some item like "The Poet's Pen" should be tested to chain :
Unearth -> Spirit Offering -> Unearth -> Bone Offering to get best of both worlds. No idea yet if this can be done though.

Yes this definitely works, however I don't think it's relevant to golems since we would have to cut out the clay shaper, which is a big ask. Also requires a fast attack to proc the gems quickly, usually people use Frenzy.

Also: I've put another Spirit Offering back in the CWDT, and dropped the faster casting from the Spell Totem for now. This just helps heal up from stray hits while re-positioning, because the CWC Spirit offering has a bit of a set up time, so if you're in a dangerous spot (Ground AoE, etc) it can make moving tough. This seems to help with that, makes me feel much safer.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Dec 26, 2017, 5:07:17 AM
hello, im a new player at POE and i love the game even if its extremely complex compare at my old game d3:) i wanted go with this build because it seemed fun but right now i think i have problem, with my build i have some problem to clear t2-t3 maximum and it seem that i cant get more that 2 fire golems(im not even sure about my build, i would really need more help) the gem for the 2x extra is not cheap at all and it seem that it would surely make a difference, i feel weak a bit in damage tbh,

i hope someone is gonna help me with this, im taking any help whatever is long or not, what to do from now to upgrade myself,anything is welcome

TYVM
Anyone here did the calculation with Harmonies? 4 Flame Golems or 3 Flame Golems & Another Random Golem with at least 8 Harmonies?
Last edited by AtomicCB on Dec 27, 2017, 6:23:01 PM
"
Anyone here did the calculation with Harmonies? 4 Flame Golems or 3 Flame Golems & Another Random Golem with at least 8 Harmonies?

4 Golems x 20 x 8 = 640 Total Output
3 Golems x 40 x 8 = 960 Total Output

You lose 25% of your golems, but you double the increased damage for the remaining three. So it works out to about a 50% increase in total output damage.

This ignores all other increases in damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info