[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Just got my build running at level 70 in hardcore. The Primordial Might is super cheap. I think they might have upped the drop rate. I bought mine for around 25c.

I've done some experimenting with Victario's, and it is actually quite consistent with frenzy charge generation with just ball lightning in the totem.

I've also found that I don't think GMP is even necessary, so I'm running Cull instead. That way I also can get some power charges (This is pretty rare though, golems do too much damage to trash for the BL to cull consistently). The cull is nice against bosses.

Also considering just running convocation instead. Not sure.

Also my experiment with the Spirit Offering in CWDT has been a HUGE success. Absolutely love it.

They way I did it is: In the CWC-Scorching ray link I used UNEARTH instead of Desecrate. This is perfect because you only really want one corpse for the Bone Offering anyway, and it lasts 3s baseline (Without skill effect modifiers).

This means I just run CWDT level one linked to spirit offering and desecrate level one. That way I'm proccing both as much as possible.

One little hint though, you want to be targetting your CWC like right in front of your feet to avoid exploding monster corpses with Bone Offering. You'd rather save the extra corpses for more ES from Spirit Offering.

EDIT: Just one more thought. I'm not even sure if I feel like using a Primordial Might is necessary. I quite like having control of when golems shoot by laying down my totem, or clicking my scorching ray. What are your guys' thoughts on the AI? I don't seem to be having a problem running without Might, which leaves another slot open for a Harmony.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Dec 10, 2017, 5:11:18 PM
Trying a low life necro version of this in standard (I don't play enough to make that kind of currency in a league). Seemed really fun and very very tanky with 10k ES + bone offering + rumi's.
"
Benihimee wrote:
Has anyone came across any abyss jewels that would seems to be used over the harmonies, I know some people have been finding some solid ones for other builds but I haven't seen any that just jump out as amazing for golems.

Hello :)

I have bee using 3x Abyssal minion jewels while leveling. I have 3x5% Chance to taunt on attack, 1x5% chance to blind on attack and 10% chance to main on spell hit. I'm using 8x Zombies, SRS totem and 4x Flame Sentinels and results seem to be pretty good. Especially the taunt seems to make Abyss rifts really safe.

Maybe mixing one "chance to hinder with spells" for Golems and maybe adding 2x Melee specters or zombies with Animate guardian for "chance to taunt with attacks" will be good results even in final build as minions attack / cast speed is very high with charges.

"
Just got my build running at level 70 in hardcore. The Primordial Might is super cheap. I think they might have upped the drop rate. I bought mine for around 25c.

I've done some experimenting with Victario's, and it is actually quite consistent with frenzy charge generation with just ball lightning in the totem.

I've also found that I don't think GMP is even necessary, so I'm running Cull instead. That way I also can get some power charges (This is pretty rare though, golems do too much damage to trash for the BL to cull consistently). The cull is nice against bosses.

Also considering just running convocation instead. Not sure.

Also my experiment with the Spirit Offering in CWDT has been a HUGE success. Absolutely love it.

They way I did it is: In the CWC-Scorching ray link I used UNEARTH instead of Desecrate. This is perfect because you only really want one corpse for the Bone Offering anyway, and it lasts 3s baseline (Without skill effect modifiers).

This means I just run CWDT level one linked to spirit offering and desecrate level one. That way I'm proccing both as much as possible.

One little hint though, you want to be targetting your CWC like right in front of your feet to avoid exploding monster corpses with Bone Offering. You'd rather save the extra corpses for more ES from Spirit Offering.

EDIT: Just one more thought. I'm not even sure if I feel like using a Primordial Might is necessary. I quite like having control of when golems shoot by laying down my totem, or clicking my scorching ray. What are your guys' thoughts on the AI? I don't seem to be having a problem running without Might, which leaves another slot open for a Harmony.

Hey and thanks for report! ^^

Primordial Might seems pretty cheap atm, so I'm trying to save currency for it asap myself also.

I will definitely try charge generating with spell totem and Victarios Charity. Loss of Power charges is big hit on clear speed but frenzy charges are most important ones on boss fights anyway. Maybe running TV or Wickerman specs with Golems will lets you kill more enemies with damage over time and thus gain more "kills" for yourself.

I will have to test the unearth instead of Desecrate later for CWDT links ;)

The need of Primordial Might depends purely on plays-tyle. If you like to kite far from mobs and trust in Shield Charge and Phase Run, you want to keep Golems as long in target as possible and not following you.

However if you like to trust Block chance and Temporal Chains while staying closer to enemy, Golems will be so close to target that they rarely will start to follow you instead of attacking even without Might.

"
Trying a low life necro version of this in standard (I don't play enough to make that kind of currency in a league). Seemed really fun and very very tanky with 10k ES + bone offering + rumi's.

Hi and thanks for support ^^

Build has lots of room to build it tankier / more DPS oriented according to own taste. Anima Stone prices are pretty low in league atm, so it's possible to farm currency to required item in decent time.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 11, 2017, 5:50:21 AM
Hello, will you update the guide with new items like abyss jewels, new uniques and new pseudo 6L helms?
"
Mephist0 wrote:
Hello, will you update the guide with new items like abyss jewels, new uniques and new pseudo 6L helms?

I will be updating the guide with new items as soon as I get to test them. I have been testing new "minions have chance to taunt on attack" jewels with zombies and they seem to be drawing aggro in Abyss rifts very well.

For rest of mods there are lists about what lines they can spawn :

http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Elder
http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Shaper

For Jewels :

http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=BaseItemTypes&an=Ghastly+Eye+Jewel

I see lots of extremely promising stuff that need to be tested but if it works, it will make build even more stronger. I'll post more detailed info in few days ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 11, 2017, 8:48:18 PM
Hello Guys!

First time i am trying this build (this is only my 2nd season in poe :D )and i have some questions:
Can someone take a look at my character and tell me why i have so huge problems even on t3 oder t4 maps? (Edit: huge is maybe the wrong word, but i die way too much)
What items/gems should i upgrade next?
Is it worth for me to drop zombies, buy tabula and go for flame golems allready?

ty for your time and help!
Last edited by Manking1337 on Dec 12, 2017, 10:36:26 AM
What do you guys think? :)

"
Manking1337 wrote:
Hello Guys!

First time i am trying this build (this is only my 2nd season in poe :D )and i have some questions:
Can someone take a look at my character and tell me why i have so huge problems even on t3 oder t4 maps? (Edit: huge is maybe the wrong word, but i die way too much)
What items/gems should i upgrade next?
Is it worth for me to drop zombies, buy tabula and go for flame golems allready?

ty for your time and help!

You should continue using specters if you don't have Anima Stone yet. Staying alive in abyss rifts or new maps is trickier but easy after you get some improvements :

- Buy "Ghastly Eye" jewels

They cost 1 c piece and can have 2x useful lines + all elemental res for minions :
- Minions can taunt on hit
- Minions can hinder with spell hit

The taunt works with zombies extremely well. I'm using zombies at the moment linked :
Zombie -> Melee splash -> minion life -> fortify

and they can tank damage extremely well. When zombie hits, melee splash gives it chance to taunt whole area on hit at once. When you add 6-8 zombies they keep pulling all aggro from you or specters.

Hinder works with specters that can hit. Tukohama has not hit, so as they just set mob on fire. However I recommend testing "Flame Sentinels" as instead. I'm using experimental links :
Raise Specter -> Minion Damage -> Controlled Destruction -> Volley fire -> Elemental focus -> Conc effect.

Flame sentinels alter between 3x projectiles and chain. Volley makes them shoot in straight line which really boost their damage. When the ball hits, it has chance to hinder (slow) all enemies in hit range. then it has chance to chain and hit new pack of enemies and hinder again.

Im using my specters in elder item I bought for 2 c and it gives Flame Sentinels pseudo 6 link. The specters hit like a truck and wipe abuss rifts in seconds so they are good replacement for other specter types and in budget item.
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 12, 2017, 9:06:25 PM
Anyone had any luck with corrupting clayshaper to something helpful to this build?
So apparently Shaper helms can roll +3 to minion gems.

I imagine this would be stronger than Skin of the Loyal, correct? Assuming you roll some relevant support gems of course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info