[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Would this build work as starter build? I know it gets expensive later but yeah.
May be better using Storm Burst instead Scorching Ray for Cast while channelling for additional appling EE or when spell totem dont do it?
"
May be better using Storm Burst instead Scorching Ray for Cast while channelling for additional appling EE or when spell totem dont do it?

It's an option, but SR also lowers fire resist, which is another increase to golem damage.
"
Prismaa wrote:
Would this build work as starter build? I know it gets expensive later but yeah.

Hello :)

With new Desecrate and Specter changes, you can do almost all game content with just Specters alone and their gear wont cost much. There is little reason to hurry for Anima Stone and you can boost other defenses first while using the Specs.

"

"
It's an option, but SR also lowers fire resist, which is another increase to golem damage.

Hey :)

Storm Burst also works, but has slow projectile speed. It has to be pressed until it reaches the target which can make casting it big dangerous. It works also very well if you know how to use it.

UPDATE

Updated Path Of Buildings to 3.1.0

Renamed the max block variant section "75%/75% Max Block, Dual Curse Variant"

Updated the max block variant :
- Dropped Necromantic Aegis
- Dropped 2x life and chaos res nodes
- Took "Sovereignty" with 14% total mana reduction
- Removed "Faster Attack" form gloves linked to "Shield Charge"
- Replaced "Discipline" to gloves from helmet instead of "Faster Attack"
- Added "Enfeeble" as second curse to helmet instead of "Discipline" connected to "Blasphemy" and "Enhance"

So max block is now using "Enfeeble" as second active curse to increase defenses. Dropping Faster Attack from Shield Charge makes it bit slower but it can still be used for movement and dodging boss attacks.

Almost 10k EHP (Life + ES), capped resistances, 79%/110% block chance and boosted dual defensive curses should make most boss fights relatively easy.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 7, 2017, 10:51:05 AM
I love you all. <3
Twitch.tv/Wonderful247
<3! great work
If you're still going to be using a CWDT offering along with the self cast, what do you think about using Spirit Offering instead in the CWDT?

This gives instant ES recovery whenever it procs. Desecrate will now make 5 corpses per cast, and spirit offering gives 2% of maximum life per corpse, so it's pretty huge since we're hybrid. This also "overheals", so even if our CWDT goes off at a weird time, it still helps us.

And if we're self casting Bone Offering, we'll only be losing block for a moment.

To do this optimally you would want to level up CWDT until it was at 18% of your Health pool (Max corpses from Spirit offering is 9, so 2% each corpse)

So say you had 5k HP, 18% of that is 900, so you would want your CWDT to be level 6, so that every 897 damage taken, it would cast Spirit offering on (Hopefully) 9 corpses, and gain all of it back. Higher levels of Spirit Offering only increase the resist and the physical-as-chaos, so it's not relevant.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Dec 7, 2017, 12:35:06 PM
yo, under "passives" -> "skill tree" you're using a screenshot from the old and immensely outdated skill tree ;)

One thing i started wondering about... pob tells me that elemental focus gives more dps to our golems than controlled destruction. Thoughts?

EDIT: Typo under the faq -> max block variant: "Removed "Faster Attack" form gloves linked to "Shield Charge"", "form" instead of "from"
Last edited by Sodomiser on Dec 7, 2017, 5:50:21 PM
"Even if you die, Golems will still kill all enemies" not anymore::

dont just write 3.1 in Title and dont change anything ..thats terrible
Thanks for running an editor's eye over the guide pre 3.1, Sodomiser, and for updating it, mika - for people like me who'll be undoubtedly be referring to it a whole bunch, it minimises confusion/double-takes :)

I'm still mulling over how I'll level, as I don't expect to have the early playtime/speed to make early currency before Primordial Might et al spike in value.

In Mayhem, I leveled slightly closer to trad/Baron SRS (starting from the left-hand path and grabbing the Potency of Will duration nodes as well as grabbing Mistress of Sacrifice first for Flesh Offering), using as many of the leveling recipes (+1 fire wand, bone shield => flask of animation => +1 minion gems helmet etc), as there's enough respec points to re-path smoothly, but I'm wondering whether the skeleton buffs will make skeletons fun/smooth to level with. OTOH, Dead Reckoning jewels may approach Primordial Might prices if there's enough interest from people.

Oh, and an adorable lil' golemancer in the last panel of this:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info