[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Hi all, amazing build so far! Just hit lvl 72 and got my Anima Stone :)

I have a few missing pieces due to affordability (e.g. Primordial Might is going take a while and I also need to save for another empower and an enhance).

I'm currently using a Skin of the Loyal that has 2 x red, 2 x blue and 2 x green.

Until I can afford a SOTL with 3 blue, what should I slot in the second green?

I've dropped the blue controlled destruction (guessing blue spell echo and blue minion damage are more important).. is there a green gem that is ok for flame golems? I'm currently using faster projectiles.

slower projectiles / culling strike :)
mispost
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 16, 2017, 7:26:28 PM
So I'm very close to map completion with 4 maps to go and would like to know if the putrid cloister is anything to be worried about as it seems like this map is scarce on Xbox and I currently hold one and would love to run it.

I have a feeling after watching YouTube videos of other people running it that that it's actually quite easy. Also what is Chayula's realm like for this build? Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks
"
_Pats_ wrote:
Hey! So here's my updated pob link: https://pastebin.com/eafhP3zd

I've gotten a new SoTL, added zealoth's path (though I'm not sure about it as I currently have around 100 additional regen - I guess it's always better than not using regen at all until I lose my shield), empower lvl4 and enhance lvl3 (no cash to throw at lvl4 yet) - I'll grab the skittering runes next, then rest of the ES nodes.

I do seem to have issue with small eHP pool. I know I don't have a crystal belt and decent gloves, but it seems to me that I should have more than I already do. Any suggestions for the gear, perhaps? I'm currently working on crafting moonstone ring with %movement speed.

I currently have two spots where I can craft additional resists - my helmet (of which I am kinda happy, made it myself) and prismatic ring. I'm trying to replace the coral ring with moonstone ring, getting a decent crystal belt with resists and gloves with resists/180ES.

But I don't think that'll allow me to break 8k ES or so. And I'm out of ideas :(

Also, food for thought. I'm using Victario's charity with the keystone to add its bonuses for my minions - which, I assume is primiarly due to charges, yes?

What do you think with using Malachai's Loop in it's place, with the 20% power charge on hit and additional spell damage per charge?

In PoB it adds some damage, and does not diminish their HP or anything.

Also, why do we take beacon of corruption? Solely for chaos resistance? I was thinking about taking one of each smaller nodes (the ones that give +%minion damage and +%minion life along with some chaos res), what do you think?

Your eHP is quite low, yes, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just be very careful around bosses and you'll still be fine, as they're pretty much the only ones that can kill you. You still have quite a bit of ES nodes to grab, and ES on your Gloves and Belt.

You're still running 6 Harmonies though, which is overkill. 2 or 3 is sufficient for normal mapping; the rest can be replaced with Rare Jewels for up to 28% additional ES. Jewel Sockets for builds like these are not meant to be gotten this early (except for the first few for Anima Stone requirements, which are fortunately very easily achieved with 2 "free" initial Jewel Sockets).

Further explanation about Passive Tree efficiency:
Spoiler
You're currently spending 3 points for each Harmony Jewel, which adds 16% Minion Damage and some Minion Regen, since you slotted Harmonies. Compare to the 15% Minion Damage node for one point below Lord of the Dead, or the Minion Life and Life Regeneration node on the other side of the Death Attunement wheel. I believe you get the idea.

Alternatively, you can drop some Jewel Sockets (for now) to grab more ES nodes if you don't have the Rare Jewels yet--it's more efficient this way, as every Jewel Socket you drop will allow you to grab 3 ES nodes for about 18% ES, or any of the aforementioned Minion nodes if you prefer.

Furthermore, you still have some large ES nodes still, like Unnatural Calm and the 8% node above Arcane Focus.

About charges, Victario's Charity provides Power Charges as well, so Malachai's Loop's advantage is additional Charges and some Spell Damage. Whether they increase Golem DPS, I'm not so sure. While Malachai's Loop can provide up to 30% increased Spell Damage and more Crit, the Golems constantly lose and regain Power Charges. With Victario's Charity, they have more consistent (though lesser and weaker) Power Charges. Another huge advantage in Victario's Charity's favour is Frenzy Charges. These Charges adds up to 12% more Damage and Cast Speed. In the end, it's personal preference.

About Beacon of Corruption, you can totally get the minor nodes. Beacon of Corruption is used for Desecrated Ground, which Golems have trouble with, as they don't have quite as much Chaos Resistance as we do. I believe it also helps them for the Vaal Temple map.

"
Also what is Chayula's realm like for this build? Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks

Haven't ran Chayula's yet, these ones are the least splinters I have even though I've been running some Breaches. I've ran the rest though, and the DPS of this build is more than sufficient for running Breach Domains. Bosses are also easy, no different from Guardians. Just bring the appropriate tools (Kaltenhalt shield, etc) and you'll be fine. Getting to the boss is decent, as it's sort of like maps with many rooms (which you'll have trouble with without Minion Movement Speed), but there's no backtracking, so your Golems won't get stuck, they'll just lag behind. I still managed to get to the boss with minimum 40s to spare.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Oct 16, 2017, 11:36:22 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

This is where minion speed comes in. Frenzy charges give Golems 15% movement speed, and you can get up to 30% minion movement speed per ring. With 60%+ movement speed Golems start to run next to you, not behind you.

If you can't get minion speed on rings yet, you can just trust in Temp Chains and just rush into packs. Golems will teleport to you when you are far enough.

3rd way is to replace Tempest Shield with level 5 Convocation in CWDT links. This way when you take even smallest hit, Golems teleport next to you.

Hey,
i just want to give some Feedback, maybe for people who also starts with this build.

1. The Minion Speed on Rings is very nice, also if its not easy to get some good other stats, but even 15% + 15% minion movespeed is very useful to get the Golems close to you.

2. I took some more curse effectiveness nodes an got 20% quality on my temporal chains, which is a noticable difference in slowing enemies. And my Temp Chains ist still not lvl 20.

3. To switch Tempest Shield for low CWTD - Convocation Setup was my favourite change, move into packs, slow them down, maybe get some small hit, golems teleport to you, they kill all and you can rush into the next pack.

Everything feels much more comfortable now.

After reading some of your last posts i think about to drop the Vertex mask for a Rare one with chaos res, life and the right Entchantment. There is no entchanted Vertex available on poe.trade and i think its ridiculous to try it myself. And to save 3 passive Points would be really great!

One last question for now: Is it worth running 1 Stone Golem + 3 Fire Golem instead of 4 Fire Golems because of the bonus dmg?
Hello, i am back
wee 139 page now

░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
I wonder how spectres will compare to golems next patch. You can have permanently 5 lvl 84 flame sentinels (or 6 if you want to dual wield Midnight Bargain and then just use jewels to cap resist as you don't need the primordial ones) with the extra dmg from Vis Mortis, the soul eater buff from unending hunger jewel and 100% hp/dmg from the ascendancy you can make some kill machines for quite cheaper as well.
"
Thank you very much, that are some very good clues! I will try that today and continue lvling my gems :)

Np, glad it helped ^^

"
This is new information to me, thanks. I'm going to re-slot my rare jewels.

Hey :)

Tinkering with Golem internal cooldown is very hard as we don't have exact information about it. If I keep adding harmonies in Pob, I see the DPS increase but I don't see the cast-per-sec raising. I don't want to give too strong recommendation as I have no solid proof or numbers, but I prefer mix of rares and Harmonies so that you and Golems stay alive.

"
Thank you all for your help
I made some changes:

- Switched to lvl 23 discipline
- Removed tempest shield to save a socket
- swapped out vertex with an enchanted hubris
- removed skittering runes and picked up influence instead
- got new belt

This fixed the mana issue (85 unreserved now) and all in all gained around 1k EHP.
Up to 3k life+5.2k ES with bisco and 2.2k life+7k ES with chayula.

I guess time to save up now for either a +1 curse neck or a +1 corrupted skin :)

Hello!

Links and gear are looking good now. Your good to start min-maxing ;)

"
Hey! So here's my updated pob link: https://pastebin.com/eafhP3zd

I've gotten a new SoTL, added zealoth's path (though I'm not sure about it as I currently have around 100 additional regen - I guess it's always better than not using regen at all until I lose my shield), empower lvl4 and enhance lvl3 (no cash to throw at lvl4 yet) - I'll grab the skittering runes next, then rest of the ES nodes.

I do seem to have issue with small eHP pool. I know I don't have a crystal belt and decent gloves, but it seems to me that I should have more than I already do. Any suggestions for the gear, perhaps? I'm currently working on crafting moonstone ring with %movement speed.

I currently have two spots where I can craft additional resists - my helmet (of which I am kinda happy, made it myself) and prismatic ring. I'm trying to replace the coral ring with moonstone ring, getting a decent crystal belt with resists and gloves with resists/180ES.

But I don't think that'll allow me to break 8k ES or so. And I'm out of ideas :(

Also, food for thought. I'm using Victario's charity with the keystone to add its bonuses for my minions - which, I assume is primiarly due to charges, yes?

What do you think with using Malachai's Loop in it's place, with the 20% power charge on hit and additional spell damage per charge?

In PoB it adds some damage, and does not diminish their HP or anything.

Also, why do we take beacon of corruption? Solely for chaos resistance? I was thinking about taking one of each smaller nodes (the ones that give +%minion damage and +%minion life along with some chaos res), what do you think?

"

Your eHP is quite low, yes, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just be very careful around bosses and you'll still be fine, as they're pretty much the only ones that can kill you. You still have quite a bit of ES nodes to grab, and ES on your Gloves and Belt.

You're still running 6 Harmonies though, which is overkill. 2 or 3 is sufficient for normal mapping; the rest can be replaced with Rare Jewels for up to 28% additional ES. Jewel Sockets for builds like these are not meant to be gotten this early (except for the first few for Anima Stone requirements, which are fortunately very easily achieved with 2 "free" initial Jewel Sockets).

Further explanation about Passive Tree efficiency:
SpoilerShow

Furthermore, you still have some large ES nodes still, like Unnatural Calm and the 8% node above Arcane Focus.

About charges, Victario's Charity provides Power Charges as well, so Malachai's Loop's advantage is additional Charges and some Spell Damage. Whether they increase Golem DPS, I'm not so sure. While Malachai's Loop can provide up to 30% increased Spell Damage and more Crit, the Golems constantly lose and regain Power Charges. With Victario's Charity, they have more consistent (though lesser and weaker) Power Charges. Another huge advantage in Victario's Charity's favour is Frenzy Charges. These Charges adds up to 12% more Damage and Cast Speed. In the end, it's personal preference.

About Beacon of Corruption, you can totally get the minor nodes. Beacon of Corruption is used for Desecrated Ground, which Golems have trouble with, as they don't have quite as much Chaos Resistance as we do. I believe it also helps them for the Vaal Temple map.

Hello :)

It seems you have taken more jewels before taking all ES and HP nodes. I recommend dropping the extra jewels and taking all available ES and HP nodes as they add much more value at your level than few extra Harmonies.

Your belt could use upgrade to Crystal belt and you may want chaos res in some rare gear as you are not using "The Vertex".

Manual cast Desecrate may interfere with Bone Offering auto-casting, but if you spam desecrate enough there should not be problem. In helmet try to get Phase Run as last gem in the CWDT links. CWDT casts gems in order top-left, top-right, bottom-right, bottom-left.

"

Hi all, amazing build so far! Just hit lvl 72 and got my Anima Stone :)

I have a few missing pieces due to affordability (e.g. Primordial Might is going take a while and I also need to save for another empower and an enhance).

I'm currently using a Skin of the Loyal that has 2 x red, 2 x blue and 2 x green.

Until I can afford a SOTL with 3 blue, what should I slot in the second green?

I've dropped the blue controlled destruction (guessing blue spell echo and blue minion damage are more important).. is there a green gem that is ok for flame golems? I'm currently using faster projectiles.

"
slower projectiles / culling strike :)

Hello :)

Yep, these gems are best options for your colors.

"
So I'm very close to map completion with 4 maps to go and would like to know if the putrid cloister is anything to be worried about as it seems like this map is scarce on Xbox and I currently hold one and would love to run it.

I have a feeling after watching YouTube videos of other people running it that that it's actually quite easy. Also what is Chayula's realm like for this build? Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks

"
Haven't ran Chayula's yet, these ones are the least splinters I have even though I've been running some Breaches. I've ran the rest though, and the DPS of this build is more than sufficient for running Breach Domains. Bosses are also easy, no different from Guardians. Just bring the appropriate tools (Kaltenhalt shield, etc) and you'll be fine. Getting to the boss is decent, as it's sort of like maps with many rooms (which you'll have trouble with without Minion Movement Speed), but there's no backtracking, so your Golems won't get stuck, they'll just lag behind. I still managed to get to the boss with minimum 40s to spare.

Hi :)

High level Temp Chains just massacres "Putrid Cloister". Monsters have huge damage buffs but when they cant move, they wont hit. I did one as it was normal t12 map. If you don't have high level TC or are using some other links instead of it, I recommend caution when moving as physical damage can be extremely spiky and you have very low armor.

I haven't done Chayula run yet, but I could guess it goes like rest of Breahces. Run into packs while trusting in Temp Chains and Phase Run. Golems destroy everything once they teleport next to you. Boss may need extra caution, but build has so high chaos res that good kiting should keep you alive. Only thing i'm not sure is if its ok to take Animate Guardian to fight as AG generally doesn't like damage over time.

"

Hey,
i just want to give some Feedback, maybe for people who also starts with this build.

1. The Minion Speed on Rings is very nice, also if its not easy to get some good other stats, but even 15% + 15% minion movespeed is very useful to get the Golems close to you.

2. I took some more curse effectiveness nodes an got 20% quality on my temporal chains, which is a noticable difference in slowing enemies. And my Temp Chains ist still not lvl 20.

3. To switch Tempest Shield for low CWTD - Convocation Setup was my favourite change, move into packs, slow them down, maybe get some small hit, golems teleport to you, they kill all and you can rush into the next pack.

Everything feels much more comfortable now.

After reading some of your last posts i think about to drop the Vertex mask for a Rare one with chaos res, life and the right Entchantment. There is no entchanted Vertex available on poe.trade and i think its ridiculous to try it myself. And to save 3 passive Points would be really great!

One last question for now: Is it worth running 1 Stone Golem + 3 Fire Golem instead of 4 Fire Golems because of the bonus dmg?

Glad it helped ^^

I always prefer running only Flame Golems. I have tested with Pob and never get much more damage mixing Golems. Also lets assume one Golem is stuck in wall :

6x Flame Golem -1 = 5 golems => 17% damage loss
5x Flame Golem -1 = 4 golems => 20% damage loss
4x Flame Golem -1 = 3 golems => 25% damage loss
3x Flame Golem -1 = 2 golems => 33% damage loss

So less Golems you have have, more the one missing hurts total damage. If you have no minion movement speed in rings you may lose even more.

"
Hello, i am back
wee 139 page now

Welcome back :)

Going strong ^^

"
I wonder how spectres will compare to golems next patch. You can have permanently 5 lvl 84 flame sentinels (or 6 if you want to dual wield Midnight Bargain and then just use jewels to cap resist as you don't need the primordial ones) with the extra dmg from Vis Mortis, the soul eater buff from unending hunger jewel and 100% hp/dmg from the ascendancy you can make some kill machines for quite cheaper as well.

Hey :)

I think Golem will remain the high-cost, high-benefit minions compared to Specters. I did compare earlier about Specters vs Golems :

"
Golems

+ Great clear-speed
+ Great singe target damage
+ Huge lifepool
+ Can stack regen
+ Can be re-summoned immediately if they die
+ Can take any Ascendacy nodes

- Expensive

Specters

+ Much, much cheaper to run at start than Golems
+ Can do most endgame (even T16 & Shaper)
+ No need to re-summon them if they don't actually die
+ Can select favorite Specter from about 3-5 great ones

- Can't stack regen
- Don't scale with gem level as other minions
- They will die and you need to resummon them from maps
- Specter movement speed is capped
- Most Specters have terrible AI and clear speed
- Specter Ascendancy nodes are less useful than the ones Golemancer can take.

Specters have either great boss kill damage, or great clear-speed but not both. When they die you need to re-summon them. Minions can still get stuck on labyrinth traps and die so even level 84 Specter can easily die in low level lab. Zombie and Specter Ascendancy nodes are less helpful than the other Golemancer can take. I have heard only one guy doing hall of GM with Specters so that they survived.

Specters are however excellent for leveling and cost next to nothing when entering endgame. I highly recommend them for getting currency to buy Skin of the Loyal and Anima Stone before going for Golems.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 17, 2017, 7:29:39 AM
"

Cloister is really easy just let golems kill things and stay hidden :)

Chayula is also easy but you do want decent chaos resistance for it - so presence of chayula etc.
Oh yes. Flasks. Forgot about those. Bringing an appropriate flask (Ruby for Xoph, Amethyst for Chayula, Topaz for Esh, etc) should make the boss fights much easier, just in case you have trouble with it, since you can't exactly "test" the fight out beforehand for free.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info