[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Cloister is really easy just let golems kill things and stay hidden :)

Chayula is also easy but you do want decent chaos resistance for it - so presence of chayula etc.

"
Well I did "The Putrid Cloister" and lol it was a joke. It was such a cake walk.

On the topic of breaches I have actually done all except Chayula's hence why I only really asked out it specifically. Onto equipment for Chayula's domain well currently do not have a Presence of Chayula as they seem to be not exist on Xbox and the Blessings are also non existent for even making one. So currently I stand with 11 Chaos resistance and hear she does damage over time with chaos hence why you want to max it for the fight correct?

"
Oh yes. Flasks. Forgot about those. Bringing an appropriate flask (Ruby for Xoph, Amethyst for Chayula, Topaz for Esh, etc) should make the boss fights much easier, just in case you have trouble with it, since you can't exactly "test" the fight out beforehand for free.

"
All her damage is chaos and quite a lot of it too. With around 50%++ chaos resist it's fairly doable. But you do need to cap it as much as possible as your total life pool is fairly small to reliably tank it.

Hello :)

Cloister is pretty much a joke with high level Temp Chains.

For Chayula I can only give general advice as I have done it yet myself :

Trust Temp Chain and Phase Run, rush into packs
- Golems will teleport near you and kill everything. Dont even try to stay behind them and guide them with Totem as you will lose too much time.

Use chaos resist flasks
- Roll some "Amethyst Flask"s with alterations before going into fight. "Longer duration" should be very useful line as you just have to keep effect up for boss.

If you still die to chaos damage, you can do one of 3 things :
- Temporarily Use "Shavronne's Wrappings"
- Drop "Necro Aegis" and use "Esh's Visage" -shield if you are not in low mana
- Temporarily take "Chaos Inoculation" node

However all of these are pretty drastic measures for one boss. Normally you should not have to resort to any of these, but as you do not have "Presence of Chayula" yet your chaos res is mid values. However if you are good at kiting or fight doesn't last long you should be ok ;)

"
Update:

Today went first time to Hall of grandmasters. I really didn't know what some exiles do and how to fight some of them.

Died 5 times, used all 6 portals, but managed to clear it. Most problematic was Lightning arrow lvl100 exile, as it offscreened me 3 times. But now I will upgrade pantheon for chain immunity (yeah I neglected pantheons a bit), and I learned after 3rd death that I have to rush into her and she will deal no dmg.

Good trick I found is unequipping one dagger so that spectral spirits die and spread chaos cloud. It really oneshots some non-CI exiles, also golems getting oneshot spreads the cloud more.

I didn't even level support gems for spirits but will during next few days.

Here is my gear, got lvl4 empower today and lvl21 golems, noticeable boost.

SpoilerShow

Gear needs some work (2.3k life, 4.8k es) but its not a priority right now as I'm fairly sturdy on any map and I'm used dodging as I almost exclusively played evasion glass cannon builds.

Hey :)

The lightning arrow archer is real pain in the ass. Usually hitting Rumi's flask and charging into the pack is best way to make sure Temp Chains hit her early.

Pantheon helps a lot against archers in Hall of GM and random archer exiles in maps.

When you get level in spirit gems, they will eat through GM:s defenses in no time. Remember to spam Totem to let Spirits attack off-screen if any GM escapes Temp Chains range ;)

"
got this bad boys what gem should i use???

"
The ones you have in it. :P

Wow, gz on getting the +1 Sotl! \o/

Yep, exactly those gems. Maybe change GMP to "Enhance" or "Culling strike" for boss fights if you really want to push the damage. I'm too lazy to swap GMP for my links though and many bosses have minion phase where GMP is still useful :P

"
Hey everyone, so I'm getting everything for this build ready before I start leveling the character. I'm just confused on one part of this build if anyone would be so kind and help me. I was wondering, what are the correct colors on the chest piece that I should be going for? I'm asking because it seems to be mixed between everyone here. Some have 3R 2B 1G, others have 4B 1R 1G, and others have 3B 2R 1G. So which one is correct? If they are all optional then which is the most ideal one? Thank-You in advance!

"
3r-2b-1g Is if you want to use Fire pen.

2r-3b-1g Is if you want to use Controlled destruction.

Fire pen is more of a lazy play style, and Controlled destruction is just more active, because you have to make sure your totem is up 100% of the time, but overall it's more damage, if you can do so.

2r-2b-2g Is for people who can't afford the other variants. Just cheaper. (You would use Slower projectiles with this set up)

Hope this helps (:

-Wonderful

Great answer already gven.

2r-3b-1g is what most players want. Best DPS but needs spamming totem a lot. Highest cost.

3r-2b-1g for lazy playstyle. Bit less damage than Cont Dest when "Elemental Equilibrium" is active, but works better if you don't like spamming totem. Second highest cost.

2r-2b-2g 20% less damage then 2r-3b-1g or 3r-2b-1g. Very cheap.

1r-4b-1g No empower. Golems lose huge base DPS and HP boost from not having extra levels. I can't really recommend it but some players use it so it works. Mid cost.

"
Finally reached step 5 on your leveling tree (final tree) and I have few questions/objections.

1)Why not drop the "Heart and Soul", it seems completely useless especially since the build is ES based and you don't need the mana at all (unless you run 2 curses on blasphemy and barely got unreserved mana to cast but on the few accounts I snooped at, even those with 2 curses don't pick "heart and soul").

2)Is the "Sanctity" node worth it? Why not just drop the whole path until there which is just hp nodes and grab 31% ES instead with those points? (or even a jewel slot)

3)Is the Jewel socket to the right of nullification+the one at the top of the tree worth it? Comparing those and the ones below scion start the advantages are

Nullification+Top (11points): 30int/8%mp/15%ES/20dex (as mentioned earlier int+mp is probably useless)

Bottom (10points): 40str/2%all resist/18%lightning resist/18% cold resist/1 point free to grab something else (can get the 8% ES node above arcane focus to make the difference 7% instead of 15%)

~4)You mention to respec the 30agi and 30str nodes that you picked earlier (next to elemental overload) and then 5 lines below you say to pick 30 agi near witch start.. not important but someone that follows step by step might waste a respec point for nothing.

"
1. Heart and Soul is actually optional. I believe it was added when the build used Infernal Mantle primarily. Even after switching to SotL, it's still a good node. 13% Life for 2 points is really good.

2. Yes definitely. This is a hybrid build, not an ES build. For example, dropping 5 points to Sanctity and grabbing 30% ES drops my Life by 270, but only increases my ES by 105 (this is with Presence of Chayula amulet).
ES might seem important to us because we have high ES, but do not be mistaken: our high ES is only due to us using ES gear and being a Witch (not to mention there's Discipline Aura for ES but no equivalent for Life), so Life is still very valuable.
The only reason you might want to drop Life for ES (even if you lose eHP), is if you stack ES Regen using things like Stone Golem and Zealot's Oath.

3. This part about Jewel Sockets is another optional part of the build. This would depend on your setup specifically. For example, you made a comparison between the amount of ES and resists that you would get between the 2 paths.
Option #1 seems to be the obvious choice for more ES. I chose this path because I have already overcapped my Resists, and this path offers me ES.
Option #2 is only really viable if getting more Resists allows you to get more useful stats on your gear in place of those Resists. Otherwise, what's the point of grabbing more Resists if the amount of other-stats your gear provides (such as ES, or Life, or Minion Movement Speed, or Attributes) is still the same as if you had Resists on them?

4. I believe this has been amended.

All in all, this build's passive tree is very flexible for many reasons, such as it being a hybrid build, and depending on your gear and gem setup. These last 10 or so passive points are really up to the player to decide where best to use them; the build is really, already very much complete by Lv 90.

1) H&S is good node as it gives enough mana to cast Golems while auras are up. It also helps those players who like to go for 2x active curses as it gives just enough mana to be able to cast Spell totem. It's highly optional and can be replaced by your choice of nodes.

2) For hybrid build it's worth taking it. Build needs healthy HP buffer against chaos damage and regen helps keeping life full at "Desecrated ground" maps without "Zealots Oath". It's very annoying to keep spamming life flask without regen or when "Zealot's Oath" is taken.

3) It's pretty easy to cap resists with Necromancer. 20% ele res and 21% chaos res from Ascendancy really helps. Added HP and ES is usually optimal as it raises both EHP and buffer against chaos damage.

4) Thanks for the tip, ninja fixed it last night ;)

Like said tree is very flexible. The default tree has to work with all gear, so it has lots of extra Dex, Str and elemental resistances to help gearing. When you are min-maxing you can make lots of changes according to what your own gear allows to.

"
So I tried my go at crystal belt crafting today, it's totally not worth it unless you have thousands and thousands of alterations etc.. but mainly alterations of course. It's so hard to roll the stats wanted and when you finally do after like 100 alterations the regal just gives you utter Sh&%..... then you go through another 100 alterations for it to happen just again. Over it already lol.

"
You craft belts with chaos spam :)

Shields, belts, chest piece and maybe helmets are chaos spam crafting since they can't roll that many possible stats. Every other slot you craft with alteration/regal.

Don't forget annulment orbs + crafting "pre/suffixes cannot be changed" to get rid of unwanted stats.

those are all chaos spammed, doesn't take many.

Self-crafting can be annoying at first if you hit bad streak. Once you success few times, you really start to enjoy then results. Here are some of my self craft items.

Chaos spamming is one way to craft great rolls, but feels too "chaotic" for my taste. I usually spend alts, regals and scour rather as they are worth much less than chaoses and can't really be used for trading.

Crafting is very fun when you find best method for you. It's also very beneficial when start crafting high value items.

Crystal Belts (usually less than 300 alts per belt used)
Spoiler

Legacy Elreon Rings (all self crafted)
Spoiler

UPDATE

I replaced "Tempest Shield" with "Convocation" in "Cast When Damage Taken" -links. Convocation need to be level 5 or below to work with CWDT level 1.

There seems to be more problems with minions lagging behind than trying to survive hits. With "Convocation" in "Cast When Damage Taken" -links, whenever you get hit your minions will teleport next to you.

This boost offense greatly as you can trust in Temp Chains, Phase Run and rush into enemy packs. If Golems don't teleport to you as you are not far enough, most likely some monster will scratch you and all minions will teleport next to you.

It also boosts defense as you get more targets after the first hit near you for enemies to hit. Phase Run kicks in right after Convoncation, so the 80% aggro drop should prevent most of following attacks.

This change helps most players who don't have "minions have increased movement speed" in rings. Even with high minion movement speed rings, it makes sure that minions are always by your side even when clearing at max speed.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 18, 2017, 10:08:14 AM
In the PoB It doesn't seem there is an anima stone equipped? Just a might + 6 harmony's.

Is this build doable without anima stone?
"
spluhvag wrote:
In the PoB It doesn't seem there is an anima stone equipped? Just a might + 6 harmony's.

Is this build doable without anima stone?

Fixed the jewels, thanks for the tip!

Golems need Anima Stone to work properly. For leveling and currency farming you can use Specters, SRS and Zombies. I have lots of info about it in leveling section.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
I am trying to work out what is better right now. I have a Skin of the Loyal with BBBRRG. At this stage I can afford (and find) a BBRRGG +1 socketed gem. A +1 BBBRRG seems out of my reach. Is it worth getting a +1 BBRRGG or just sit on what I have?

Right now I am just min-maxing. I have a 21/20 flame golem but all other gems are just 20/20 except for my CWDT set of gems. If I got a +1 BBRRGG I could afford to replace my L3 empower with a L4 one in my chest.
"When all Gems are placed on Vertex, they get +1 level so "Enhance" becomes lvl 5. Adding 40% more effectiveness (30% from helmet enchantment and 10% from Blasphemy) we get 56% * 1.4 = 78.4%."

I don't get the math.
- Helm Enchance: 30% effect
- Blasphemy = 10% effect
- Enhance = 16% effect (from 32% added quality)
- Temp Chain: 40% Slower

Where are 56% and 1.4 numbers coming from?
"
Slashor wrote:
I am trying to work out what is better right now. I have a Skin of the Loyal with BBBRRG. At this stage I can afford (and find) a BBRRGG +1 socketed gem. A +1 BBBRRG seems out of my reach. Is it worth getting a +1 BBRRGG or just sit on what I have?

Right now I am just min-maxing. I have a 21/20 flame golem but all other gems are just 20/20 except for my CWDT set of gems. If I got a +1 BBRRGG I could afford to replace my L3 empower with a L4 one in my chest.

Is definitely gz if u can find 1-
If you can empower lv4 help u increase your dps with sotl +1 right now poe.trade have 1 selling as for the price is maybe around mirror price or so
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
Breachlord Chayula. *****

Few people came into the stream asking if I killed him. I did not before this.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/183379065

Youtube link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PriBNWxC7Mg

Hope this helps.

-Wonderful
Twitch.tv/Wonderful247
Last edited by Timmeh519 on Oct 19, 2017, 5:31:58 PM
"
"When all Gems are placed on Vertex, they get +1 level so "Enhance" becomes lvl 5. Adding 40% more effectiveness (30% from helmet enchantment and 10% from Blasphemy) we get 56% * 1.4 = 78.4%."

I don't get the math.
- Blasphemy = 10% effect

You are getting confused with the 2 different "effects".

Helm Enchant and Blasphemy increase Curse Effectiveness. This is a general multiplier to all Curses that you have.

Quality on Temporal Chains (TC) increase Slow Effect on it. This is a specific multiplier to Slow applied by TC.

To add it all up:
Temporal Chains: Lv 21 = base 30% Slow, 52% Quality = 26% Slow (Here's your 56%)
Blasphemy and Helmet Enchant = 40% Effect

Finally:
(30% + 26%) * (1.00 + 0.10 + 0.30)
= 56% * 1.40
= 78.4% Slow

Unfortunately, TC is capped at 75% Slow, so this is more than sufficient. This is also why we pick either the Helm Enchant or Skittering Runes passives, not both. (That would hit 89.6%!) With Skittering Runes only, the Slow drops to 72.8% Slow, but is still a ridiculous amount.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Oct 19, 2017, 8:28:50 AM
"
Timmeh519 wrote:

Hope this helps.

-Wonderful

Thanks for the video, seems very easy and the fact there is no walls to interrupt golem ranged attacks is awesome! I will probably do it this weekend then and that will be all breachlords down. Sadly you didn't get one in your game Timme519, kind of wish they had a guaranteed drop especially for non breach league!

Also I finally got presence of chayula which is hard as xbox never has the amulet or blesssing for sale but finally a blessing was up this morning and I bought it. Now I just have to hope I get a drop from the run for this expensive splinter made breachstone.
"

"
Is definitely gz if u can find 1-
If you can empower lv4 help u increase your dps with sotl +1 right now poe.trade have 1 selling as for the price is maybe around mirror price or so

If you change from normal :
2r1g3b Sotl -> +1 2r2g2b Sotl, you gain about 10% total dps
2r1g3b Sotl -> +1 2r1g3b Sotl, you gain about 20% total dps

For 10% DPS increase, I would do it only if you find one with decent price. However it's more realistic upgrade now that +1 2r1g3b Sotl is worth mirror.

First I would get Empower 4 for your min-maxing ;)

"

I don't get the math.
- Blasphemy = 10% effect

"
You are getting confused with the 2 different "effects".

Helm Enchant and Blasphemy increase Curse Effectiveness. This is a general multiplier to all Curses that you have.

Quality on Temporal Chains (TC) increase Slow Effect on it. This is a specific multiplier to Slow applied by TC.

To add it all up:
Temporal Chains: Lv 21 = base 30% Slow, 52% Quality = 26% Slow (Here's your 56%)
Blasphemy and Helmet Enchant = 40% Effect

Finally:
(30% + 26%) * (1.00 + 0.10 + 0.30)
= 56% * 1.40
= 78.4% Slow

Unfortunately, TC is capped at 75% Slow, so this is more than sufficient. This is also why we pick either the Helm Enchant or Skittering Runes passives, not both. (That would hit 89.6%!) With Skittering Runes only, the Slow drops to 72.8% Slow, but is still a ridiculous amount.

The 56% is the raw value from Temp Chain gem. It doesn't have effectiveness added yet. You have to multily base value with effectiveness yourself.

56 x 1.4 = 78.4%

Even with 20% curse effectiveness from skill tree (Skittering Runes) we reach almost max level TC.

56 x 1.3 = 72.8%

"

Hope this helps.

-Wonderful

"
Thanks for the video, seems very easy and the fact there is no walls to interrupt golem ranged attacks is awesome! I will probably do it this weekend then and that will be all breachlords down. Sadly you didn't get one in your game Timme519, kind of wish they had a guaranteed drop especially for non breach league!

Also I finally got presence of chayula which is hard as xbox never has the amulet or blesssing for sale but finally a blessing was up this morning and I bought it. Now I just have to hope I get a drop from the run for this expensive splinter made breachstone.

Very nice and easy looking run!
You didn't see you take even single big hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info