[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
pro2017 wrote:
@mika

Yea I lv 100
Finally
Got chance to play

will open my profile char to let you see now as a guide xd

Congrats once more! There goes one more Beachhead rota regular~

I guess it doesn't really matter now, but it would be helpful for anyone else not yet Lv 100 =P :

I see you have both TC Curse Effect enchantment, and Skittering Runes in your passives. Do you think this is overkill on the Slow? Or should those 3 points be re-allocated? The alternative here would be to get one more Jewel slot (next to Nullification, by also moving Coldhearted Calculation's point to the adjacent Int node).

P.S.: That +2 SotL though... Lv 28 Golems... That's like close to 50% additional damage of Lv 24 Golems... *wipes drool*
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Oct 4, 2017, 8:59:15 AM
"
thsscapii wrote:
"
pro2017 wrote:
@mika

Yea I lv 100
Finally
Got chance to play

I guess it doesn't really matter now, but it would be helpful for anyone else not yet Lv 100 =P :

I see you have both TC Curse Effect enchantment, and Skittering Runes in your passives. Do you think this is overkill on the Slow? Or should those 3 points be re-allocated? The alternative here would be to get one more Jewel slot (next to Nullification, by also moving Coldhearted Calculation's point to the adjacent Int node).

P.S.: That +2 SotL though... Lv 28 Golems... That's like close to 50% additional damage of Lv 24 Golems... *wipes drool*

not sure yet for now
is it really overeffect haha
maybe more jewel socket waiting for @mika for a elementalist build on poe using double claymore??
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
Last edited by pro2017 on Oct 4, 2017, 9:17:06 AM
"
It's just a random experiment since I use Vaal Summon Skeletons, and I was just messing around while running Beachhead rotations. AG with Singularity is still useful, as it boosts the DPS of other players. I also only use Vaal Skeletons when no one else complains that it lags their PC xD

I don't expect it to get anywhere; AG or SR/Flesh Offering seems to be the best links to use. I'll probably never stop fiddling around with it though.

Yep, Vaal Skels can be party pooper for low end PCs :P

AG and SR / Offerings are best links so far. AG for general passive defense and damage boost. SR / Offering for map clear speed and giving something to do on idle time.

I'm always interested if you find new promising links. Please link and describe how the links worked and what they archieved. I'll always test most promising links and will include the best one in guide with credits to you ;)

"
Hi, I managed to tackle shaper and uber and have gotten around to uploading them. I chat a bit about somethings that might help people struggling with the fight. Thanks for your guide mate as it has helped a lot. I am tempted to try mess around with it and try elementalist or a different tree but it's done a great job so I linked to your guide. Cheers for the thread work.

Shaper 3.0 -https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=9Qpjs_vYSOY

Uber Atziri 3.0 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZZd9g_Z6w

"
Thanks for the upload!
The link for the Shaper video should be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qpjs_vYSOY
Your comments and insights were handy. I do have some comments about them though.

1. For the entirety of the Atziri video, you refer to Flesh Offering as Spirit Offering.

2. You should do a quick showcase of your gear and jewels used before the run (like you did at the end of Shaper). I believe you're using Victario's Charity for the Atziri run, which is still useful for most of the Atziri run, but Kaltensoul would be much more useful (doesn't really matter in Shaper). You wouldn't have to use Convocation as much as they'll be much tankier.

3. Love your comments about ES being cheap. That was half the reason I decided on going with a hybrid build over a Life build XD

Hello!

Very nice videos! I love your commentary in general, very detailed and calm. Very nice use of Convocation during the battle. Can I maybe later link some of your videos in my guide? :)

1) I also noticed referring to wrong offering.

2) I also noticed you had not changed any of the gear or links for the Uber Atziri. That's very brave for the hardest boss in the game for Necro Golems :P KaltenSoul or Rise of the Phoenix would really help Golems stay alive. You can always just resummon them but if many Golems die at once, you get lots of aggro before new ones are up.

3) Same for me! ES has been super cheap and build followers have t1-t2 ES gear for few dozen chaos. Prices before 3.0 would have been exalts for some of the Gloves and Crystal Belts linked in thread.

"
@mika

Yea I lv 100
Finally
Got chance to play

"

"
not sure yet for now
is it really overeffect haha
maybe more jewel socket waiting for @mika for a elementalist build on poe using double claymore??

\o/ GZ! XD \o/

Welcome to the hall of fame!

Mmm, that +1 SotL looks god-tier :P Now I can get working on your Elementalist skill tree.

Btw, you don't have ES crafted in right ring and Skittering Runes is def over-kill for Temp Chains with Vertex Enhancement.

"
Also, I thought this might be of interest to anyone who would be reading this guide.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2012843

"
thankyou

UPDATE

"pro2017" is the 3rd player reaching level 100 with this build on league, Huge GZ!! ^^

\o/ X-mas came early \o/

In 3.0.2 Specters will be persistent, so they won't vanish when you log out from game. So if you get high level Specters from high level map, they will be left for your next login also.

This means that starting cost for the endgame with the build just dropped to about 1/10 of original cost (No need for Anima Stone = 2-4 ex). After the patch you can potentially do even Guardians or Shaper without golems and you don't need to raise specters up from maps after each logout.

Specters are however not perfect and cant replace Golem in endgame.

Golems

+ Great clear-speed
+ Great singe target damage
+ Huge lifepool
+ Can stack regen
+ Can be re-summoned immediately if they die

- Expensive

Specters

+ Much, much cheaper to run at start than Golems
+ Can do most endgame (even T16 & Shaper)
+ No need to re-summon them if they don't actually die
+ Can select favorite Specter from about 3-5 great ones

- Can't stack regen
- Don't scale with gem level as other minions
- They will die and you need to resummon them from maps
- Specter movement speed is capped
- Most Specters have terrible AI and clear speed

After I red about 3.0.2 patch yesterday, I 6-linked Vis Mortis and have been running 5x Specters tests with Victarios Charity so see how each Specter works. I also used 10x rare Minion damage + random stats self-crafted jewels.

Flame Sentinels & Frost Sentinels (Best so far)
- Still best AI and clear speed

Solar Guards (2nd best so far)
- Very close to Flame Sentinels & Frost Sentinels in AI and Clear speed
- Might have bit higher single target damage

Tukohama's Vanguard (3rd best so far)
- Extremely high single target DPS but clear speed is horrible

Lunarsworn Wintermages
- Extremely high single target DPS but very low HP, ok:ish clear speed
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 4, 2017, 11:24:00 AM
"pro2017",

Just finished 1.1 mil DPS tree (275k DPS per golem)in Pob for you with Necromancer as base for later Elementalist tree :P This is just first iteration to get as much DPS on paper as possible.

What skills / playstyle are you focusing now? Boss killing, low tier map clear speed or high map clear speed?

Path of Builder
https://pastebin.com/sshuzJxG

- Dropped Cont Dest on Golems 6l and swapped with Ele Focus = Full boss DPS mode
- Dropped AG and added SR -> CWC -> Desecrate -> Flesh Offering
- Dropped "Herd of Flock" and took 4x Rare jewels with minion ele res and damage to cap Golems res
- Dropped 2x life & chaos nodes as you are still over-capped on chaos res
- Added Second curse "Projectile Weakness" and took some mana reducement nodes
- Moved "Discipline" to Gloves in place of "Concocation"
- Changed Vertex Enhancement for "40% Golem damage" and kept "Skittering Runes" to boost both Temp Chains and Projectile Weakness

Elementalist tree will be looking something like this if you want maximal DPS :

Path of Builder
https://pastebin.com/BpFk8RTa
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 4, 2017, 3:43:18 PM
Can anyone recommend some optimizations to this build for rapid Spider Forest clears? I'm averaging about 5-7 minutes though I do vendor a lot of stuff which slows me down.

I've figured out that the Animate Guardian is pretty much not necessary in this situation so I swapped in a CWDT -> Immortal Call -> Increased Duration setup so that I don't kill myself as often by not paying 100% attention. For 2nd curse I went with dual blasphemy Enfeeble + Temp Chains again so that I can rush around half afk. I'm also running 2x movement flasks and Convocation to get quickly from pack to pack.

Not sure if there are any other damage links that might improve the AoE or range of the golems?

edit:

I'm going to test increased AoE, faster projectiles, and flesh offering later tonight.

edit2:

Oh I finally caught up on reading the thread and will definitely try out SR -> CWC -> Desecrate -> Flesh Offering
Last edited by Oldiri on Oct 4, 2017, 7:00:29 PM
Thanks for the great build guide! First time playing a summoner and I am really enjoying it. My Golems can kill anything! I can see myself making this build in many leagues to come.

now i'm just min/maxing gear and saving up now for a +1 curse Presence of Chayula.

Keep up the good work!
Last edited by KingRah on Oct 4, 2017, 4:53:08 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:
"pro2017",

Just finished 1.1 mil DPS tree (275k DPS per golem)in Pob for you with Necromancer as base for later Elementalist tree :P This is just first iteration to get as much DPS on paper as possible.

What skills / playstyle are you focusing now? Boss killing, low tier map clear speed or high map clear speed?

Path of Builder
https://pastebin.com/sshuzJxG

- Dropped Cont Dest on Golems 6l and swapped with Ele Focus = Full boss DPS mode
- Dropped AG and added SR -> CWC -> Desecrate -> Flesh Offering
- Dropped "Herd of Flock" and took 4x Rare jewels with minion ele res and damage to cap Golems res
- Dropped 2x life & chaos nodes as you are still over-capped on chaos res
- Added Second curse "Projectile Weakness" and took some mana reducement nodes
- Moved "Discipline" to Gloves in place of "Concocation"
- Changed Vertex Enhancement for "40% Golem damage" and kept "Skittering Runes" to boost both Temp Chains and Projectile Weakness

Elementalist tree will be looking something like this if you want maximal DPS :

Path of Builder
https://pastebin.com/BpFk8RTa

Maybe boss killing and med to high clear speed if possible of course

On Friday I try out myself xd
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
Hall of Grandmasters down and yeah.... elementalist sucks dont do it.

HOGM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFe-kebrAXA

Also this bug cost me 4 uber sets today and wanted to know if anyone else has it.

Bug - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DviqKjEm24U&t=4s

You don't need to listen to the video as the bug is seen in the first second the rest is just me explaining the bug and what it cost me. I've found this to be a frustrating bug as it's hard to get past the Uber Dual handed bleed as it shreds my golems which leaves me with 1 or 2 portals meaning I can't afford to have it bug out.

The bug is the golems don't attack, they run around like idiots and never do damage so the strategy of my build doesn't work when this bug occur and it costs me sets. Today I farmed 11 Uber sets and it happened on 5 occasions. Some I had extra portals so I could recover others I didn't and I lost the set.
Anyway just highlighting that this bug exists (As there have been posts on the forums and it's still not been addressed) and I would be happy if it were fixed as I believe it can happen to all minions when dead.

Apparently it is based on where you clicked when you died (If it wasn't the center) they run around lost.

Anyone got an idea of how to target the bleed guy before he bricks another run
"
GGZII wrote:
Hall of Grandmasters down and yeah.... elementalist sucks dont do it.

HOGM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFe-kebrAXA

Also this bug cost me 4 uber sets today and wanted to know if anyone else has it.

Bug - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DviqKjEm24U&t=4s

You don't need to listen to the video as the bug is seen in the first second the rest is just me explaining the bug and what it cost me. I've found this to be a frustrating bug as it's hard to get past the Uber Dual handed bleed as it shreds my golems which leaves me with 1 or 2 portals meaning I can't afford to have it bug out.

The bug is the golems don't attack, they run around like idiots and never do damage so the strategy of my build doesn't work when this bug occur and it costs me sets. Today I farmed 11 Uber sets and it happened on 5 occasions. Some I had extra portals so I could recover others I didn't and I lost the set.
Anyway just highlighting that this bug exists (As there have been posts on the forums and it's still not been addressed) and I would be happy if it were fixed as I believe it can happen to all minions when dead.

Apparently it is based on where you clicked when you died (If it wasn't the center) they run around lost.

Anyone got an idea of how to target the bleed guy before he bricks another run

They're not running around "lost" they can't get in to range of the boss, because they're using your dead body as a default point. Basically you being dead out there is telling them to circle your body which is too far away, so they run out of ranged abilities go to get close to the boss, and the AI then tells them they can't reach that range, and it just keeps going in a loop.

I can't see your gear, but I'm assuming you have Ball Lightning, or Arc on. If you have Ball Lightning switch to Arc, and place your totem right on top of what you want your Golems to attack. The trio is super easy with proper totem placement.

The Golem AI is going to play off of you, or your totem. Take advantage of the totem.

All in all, if you played Necro first, you're not going to like Elementalist, because you're used to the "crutches" that Necro provides. Which is why Necro is better. I guess I should put a (IMO) here.

-Wonderful
Twitch.tv/Wonderful247
"
Oldiri wrote:
Can anyone recommend some optimizations to this build for rapid Spider Forest clears? I'm averaging about 5-7 minutes though I do vendor a lot of stuff which slows me down.

I've figured out that the Animate Guardian is pretty much not necessary in this situation so I swapped in a CWDT -> Immortal Call -> Increased Duration setup so that I don't kill myself as often by not paying 100% attention. For 2nd curse I went with dual blasphemy Enfeeble + Temp Chains again so that I can rush around half afk. I'm also running 2x movement flasks and Convocation to get quickly from pack to pack.

Not sure if there are any other damage links that might improve the AoE or range of the golems?

edit:

I'm going to test increased AoE, faster projectiles, and flesh offering later tonight.

edit2:

Oh I finally caught up on reading the thread and will definitely try out SR -> CWC -> Desecrate -> Flesh Offering

I use Blood Magic + Haste, as well as Self Cast Flesh Offering, just use Flesh Offering as you're Shield Charging between packs. CWDT, and Convocation + Your normal Convocation can help your Golems keep up as well, if you're using Ventor's. (You lose the Minion MS from rings.) I also use Zombies with this so when Convocation does proc, because I have lower EHP from IIQ / IIR gear, they'll be used as "meat shields." Can run the map in about 3 minutes; while picking everything of value up. I've tried everything I could think of; this feels the best.

-Wonderful
Twitch.tv/Wonderful247

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info