Donald Trump and US politics

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Either someone's probation dodging or they're too cowardly to post their views on their real account.

Amusing at any rate.

__

It's strange. For all my hopes and desires, I still have this lingering belief in Teflon Don. I just can't imagine him going down for any of this. Those around him, sure. That was a given years ago, long before he even glanced sideways at the White House. It's just who and what he is, which is why I'll never understand why people still support him. The dude's a textbook case sociopath. He does not lack for fall guys and gals. And that has obviously already begun.

But no matter how far reaching or deep probing this gets, I expect none of it to reach Trump himself. And I say that's strange because god, do I ever hope and wish it does. That's the strength of the man's ability to build a mythology about himself. Even his most ardent detractors dare not dream of the demise he so richly deserves.

I have a theory of who the latest OT addition is...

Anyway, I tend to agree about Trump. He's prepped all of them to jump under the bus for him. The reality show will continue for quite a while yet.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
His supporters here have long ago accepted that he is a sexist, prejudiced, insensitive, fragile, egotistical, politically ignorant, indelicate, volatile boor.
I don't think he's sexist, fragile, politically ignorant, volatile or boorish. But Trump supporters simply adore how insensitive he is, I'll grant you that.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 30, 2017, 8:51:24 PM
Tony Podesta just stepped down from the Podesta Group. Now even the 1D chess players should realize where this is going. Hint: it has nothing to do with Trump.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
If you haven't already, you guys really need to see the Carter Page interview with Chris Hayes tonight. It was bizarre.
"
If you haven't already, you guys really need to see the Carter Page interview with Chris Hayes tonight. It was bizarre.

They should arrest Page just because he looks like a fucking weirdo tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

My intent was to verify whether or not you realize that "a right to" healthcare is actually just another way of describing a certain method of healthcare funding, and that service is still not rendered unless doctors, etc sufficiently paid (or enslaved).

A good example of what you are saying:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/30/gps-vote-breaking-away-nhs-set-private-model/
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Jennik wrote:
"

With regards to your point 2, you are arguing against a strawman. He never said that the healthcare would be free, just that poor people should not be required for healthcare that they can not afford.

The problem here is that modern right-wingers like Scrotes don't argue in good faith. Any time you see someone say something like "free healthcare isn't free," they're willfully misrepresenting someone's argument in a very obvious way. Nobody believes in the strawman they constantly attack, but they'll never stop attacking it. It's much easier to dishonestly pretend advocates of free healthcare are saying something else than to respond to our actual arguments.

"But it's not free! Somebody has to pay for it!" Yeah, no shit, and you know the plan is to pay for it with taxes, especially through fairer taxes on the wealthy. Why constantly lie and pretend we're talking about magical healthcare that has no costs at any point in the system?

Putting Donald Trump (or any other US politician) in charge of my healthcare is an insane idea. If you want Trump controlling your healthcare, I suggest checking into a mental ward.

USA will never have gov't run healthcare because 90% (or more) of USA politicians are some combination of dumb, lazy, corrupt ect.

The only possible way to ever have public healthcare is if it is publicly funded and privately run, by the Catholic Church preferably. With no politicians involved, at all, on pain of death for breaking the rules.
One more this morning. A must see youtube video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Uy0Uznw4E&sns=tw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info