Donald Trump and US politics

If you seek the truth, follow the uranium.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
Now, reverse racism is an improvement over regular racism, but it's still not a good thing. Hopefully it will go in the right direction soon.
Raping these people is better than raping those people? Robbing those people is better than robbing these people? Putting more of group X than group Y in jail for the same crime must be OK then correct?

Racism is racism and anyone who thinks otherwise is a racist.
There's this blind spot authoritarians have where they assume that if people aren't ordered to do things, they won't do anything. To such people, liberty is at best static and at worst doesn't exist at all, replaced by the inertia of determinism. And it is the hallmark of this particular mindset to assume that, once segregation has been lifted, white people need to be told through legislation to move to the back of the bus so black people can get seats in the front. No, you don't need to do that; assuming no institutional racism, they'll mostly sort it out themselves. Free people have this funny thing called "initiative."

We've had affirmative action telling white people to get to the back of the college bus for fifty years now. Do you think we've gotten the memo yet? If not, how much longer?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 28, 2017, 10:09:37 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
Now, reverse racism is an improvement over regular racism, but it's still not a good thing. Hopefully it will go in the right direction soon.

Raping these people is better than raping those people? Robbing those people is better than robbing these people? Putting more of group X than group Y in jail for the same crime must be OK then correct?

no, it's not racism.

Racism: "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

It's favoritism (based on ethnicity) in this case. It's not that they mind that there's X kind of people there, it's that they mind that there isn't Y kind of people there. This "reverse racism" only exist because of attempts to right the wrongs of actual racism. It's like minorities quotas in some industries (which I honestly find stupid).

It's different.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
So, who do you guys think will be the first arrested? Hillary? Donny Jr.? My mom? Who? Monday is so far away!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

There's this blind spot authoritarians have where they assume that if people aren't ordered to do things, they won't do anything. To such people, liberty is at best static and at worst doesn't exist at all, replaced by the inertia of determinism. And it is the hallmark of this particular mindset to assume that, once segregation has been lifted, white people need to be told through legislation to move to the back of the bus so black people can get seats in the front. No, you don't need to do that; assuming no institutional racism, they'll mostly sort it out themselves. Free people have this funny thing called "initiative."

We've had affirmative action telling white people to get to the back of the college bus for fifty years now. Do you think we've gotten the memo yet? If not, how much longer?

And yet, racism in the US is a very real thing.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
"
So, who do you guys think will be the first arrested? Hillary? Donny Jr.? My mom? Who? Monday is so far away!

no one, regardless of their crimes.

The US would "look weak" to the rest of the world if they allowed a primary candidate or president to be arrested. So it will never happen.
I call it Voluntary Reverse Racism Acceptance. VRRA. I willfully accept and comply with VRRA for the greater good of the long term picture.
"
faerwin wrote:
"

no one, regardless of their crimes.

The US would "look weak" to the rest of the world if they allowed a primary candidate or president to be arrested. So it will never happen.

They will quietly surrender? I dunno.
"
faerwin wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

And yet, racism in the US is a very real thing.
I never said it wasn't real, but I'll contest the "very" as far as you mean it.

News flash: you're never going to win everyone. There will always be some racists, hopefully few and fringe and impotent but nevertheless present. For the most part, this is the status of the contemporary white supremacist: incapable of even holding down a website domain name. Arguably, a year ago they were even less threatening, as in: not even worth denying a domain to.

This is the boogieman of social justice. Real? Sure. Very? Eh... not really.

As I explained earlier, the prominence of these scant racists have been exaggerated as part of the left-identitarian Fauxluminati Conspiracy Theory, to justify racism against white people, which has in turn, predictably, made this group of white supremacists stronger. I've previously detailed how "reverse racism" feeds the racist narrative and escalates tensions, rather than solving anything. And so it has been. Nathan Spencer now gets a media spotlight and neo-nazis have overrun the previously ancap-dominated /pol/. Although still drastically outnumbered by anti-white racists, white supremacists have risen above "albino unicorn" status. Great job, idiots.

Reverse racism fights fire with fire, and you needn't be a genius to realize the predictable result is a larger fire. The solution is not racism, but a principled stance against racism in any form. The best way to fight a fire is to starve it of the oxygen it needs to sustain itself. But that route demands enough patience not to fan the flames.
"
I call it Voluntary Reverse Racism Acceptance. VRRA. I willfully accept and comply with VRRA for the greater good of the long term picture.
No. Sweet mother of God, no.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 28, 2017, 11:05:56 PM
"

Flynn would be my guess. Not that there is any substance behind it, but he was an early target, and if Mueller doesn't have someone indicted soon, he will be forced out of his investigation for conflicts of interest. Unfortunately for the DNC, setting the bar that low for the indictments is going to lead to a flood of indictments against their own.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Oct 29, 2017, 12:21:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info