Donald Trump and US politics

"
"
soneka101 wrote:
Look the crazy shit I've found while looking around:
Spoiler

The one below seems fake, but I don't doubt

Even if someone is the epitome of badassery I personally would wait until that person dies before making a tattoo of that person, imagine if someone tattooed Bill Cosby's face on their skin before the shitstorm...

Those dudes could at least wait for the 3rd year of the presidency...

It´s like a religious cult. Not only because of all that creepy stuff. Those people want to believe in something, no matter what.

Darn cultists!
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
Trump won the electoral college, Hillary the popular vote. Ironic that Trump hated on the electoral college.

Ironic like the irony of the left chastising Trump for questioning that elections can be fixed, and then have the left turn around and spend the next six months saying the elections were fixed by Russians?

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
"
soneka101 wrote:
Look the crazy shit I've found while looking around:
Spoiler

The one below seems fake, but I don't doubt

Even if someone is the epitome of badassery I personally would wait until that person dies before making a tattoo of that person, imagine if someone tattooed Bill Cosby's face on their skin before the shitstorm...

Those dudes could at least wait for the 3rd year of the presidency...

It´s like a religious cult. Not only because of all that creepy stuff. Those people want to believe in something, no matter what.

Darn cultists!

Hillary didnt win, Obama is gone. Trump is the crazy criminal here, not them. Nice try tho.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
Trump won the electoral college, Hillary the popular vote. Ironic that Trump hated on the electoral college.

Ironic like the irony of the left chastising Trump for questioning that elections can be fixed, and then have the left turn around and spend the next six months saying the elections were fixed by Russians?

Again, how does this relate to Trump? Stop deflecting, Trump is the president, not Hillary.
Drumpf is literally finished now, impeachment is imminent.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
DAE Trumpjugend???

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

Again, how does this relate to Trump? Stop deflecting, Trump is the president, not Hillary.

You're simultaneously missing and nailing the crux of this thread.

Trump and his supporters won and have no idea what to do with the victory.

I think they try to protect their president from scrutiny to protect themselves from the embarrassment it would bring if Trump did get impeached. Because if Trump goes down, they have to admit they were wrong and no one wants to be wrong.
tfw Tulsi is a Russian agent now smh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IGAXJNzPfU

4 minute interview
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

It is no more deflecting than talking about Trump's views prior to the election, when the election is already over as you say. If you bring up past circumstances, expect the past to be a valid part of discussion. Trump mistrusted the electoral college for the excessively large swings a few states bring. Trump won in spite of the imbalance against small states that has built up since it was first conceived and implemented (too many in the house of representatives). There is zero irony in a sitting president having won the electoral college and any previous views, because they wouldn't be president if they hadn't won the electoral college. It is like saying it is ironic someone dislikes the PoE changes coming in 3.0, but still plays the game.

What might be construed as irony, but would be more properly considered hypocritical would be Trump's switch from at times calling the electoral college a "disaster" to calling it "genius" after the win.

Meanwhile, deflection wouldn't be refutation of what your original comments were. You asserted Hillary didnt become president with Russias help, Trump did. So far there has been zero proof of that assertion by the left, just a longstanding chain of unsubstantiated accusations.

Pneuma cited the real reason Hillary didn't win the electoral college vote. Which had nothing to do with Russians, but rather lack of enthusiasm and lower turnout for her than Obama.
Deflection would be bringing up Hillary's popular vote win -which has never been the measure of determining who is president. Deflection would be mentioning that Trump repeatedly stated he disliked the electoral college - as this had nothing to do with Russian "help" or why Hillary lost.

You deflected with Trump won the electoral college (he wouldn't be president if he didn't)

I replied both on the real irony - and with something that shows what real foreign involvement with a US presidential campaign looks like. Verifiable and verified proof of collusion between China and Hillary during her presidential campaign run. "unnamed sources" or a 'dossier' compiled by someone working for a company known to colloborate with criminal organizations (See GPS fusions history in Venezuela) are not proof. A meeting where Don Jr agrees to meet with a private citizen from Russia who falsely claims she is somehow representing the Russsian government is not collusion, and it certainly isn't Russia helping anyone. That private citizen no more represents Russia than you or I officially represent our government.

My image post wasn't a deflection - it was a rebuttal of the original point you had brought up which resulted in the chain of posts. If there were similar corresponding ones with the Trump campaign your assertion might be midly plausible, but there aren't and it isn't.

Six months, the FBI, all 17 US intelligence agencies, and every democratic think tank have been trying to conjure up a ghost of Russian interference. It isn't there, and restating it won't make it magically appear.

It is time for the left to move on from what will repeatedly be a losing subject - Russia interfering in the election to help Trump. It is time to move on from Trump colluding with Russia for the election.

I'm not suggesting the left give up "resisting" - but each time the same assertions get brought up with increasingly flimsy proof, the less people will bother to listen, and the more they will distrust everything the left says. Everything. If the left stays on "Russia" for a few more years, the public won't even believe the CNN or WaPo weather reports.

So what should the aspiring resister work on? Something new, something not deader than a Monthy Python skit parrot. There's another thread with money laundering. It could be just more unsubstantiated accusations, but the chance is still there that something is real.

What the left really should be doing, is focusing on opposing Trump's positions and policies - and offering their own legislation and positions instead.

If a complex topic is being discussed, expecting the discussion to stay on one simple track is ironic.
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jul 25, 2017, 7:45:30 AM
Very fake news.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info