Donald Trump and US politics

Why would anyone think Assange is a sex predator? Even the Swedes dropped the charges for lack of evidence.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Why would anyone think Assange is a sex predator? Even the Swedes dropped the charges for lack of evidence.
Actually, they dropped it for lack of extradition. Swedish authorities are on record stating that, if Assange enters Sweden before statutes of limitation apply, he may be recharged.

I don't know exactly how to feel about someone accused of rape who then goes on to save the free world while a fugitive. He's definitely a hero now, even if perhaps he hasn't always been. If he has a debt to pay, he should pay it, but I don't think Assange needs ethics advice.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
The new, "post-Roosha" drumbeat:
"
CNN Anchor: Trump Putting Journalists In Danger; "Declaration Of War On Media" Has "Emboldened" War Zones
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/06/28/cnn_anchor_trump_putting_journalists_in_danger_declaration_of_war_on_media_has_emboldened_war_zones.html

Because of course when you call the media out for lying, it puts reporters in danger, right? =9[.]9=
You're making the same error that CNN talking head is making: CNN is not the media. Even if we throw in a few other news organizations in with CNN as essentially the same category, they aren't the media either — the mainstream media, perhaps, but the qualifier is important.

For the most part, statements from Trump and his administration have made this distinction. Trump has said the press is important and that only some of it is bad. Trump hasn't declared a war on news, but on fake news. And I'll be honest, I worry about "fake" meaning simply "critical of the White House" just like that CNN guy claims to... but I haven't the evidence to elevate that worry to a present danger. Until then, I agree with Trump's decision to speak out against corrupt mainstream media outlets.

James O'Keefe and Julian Assange are both members of the press. With the advent of the Internet, any of us can be; the press has been democratized by technological innovation on a level only seen once before in history, with the invention of the printing press. "The media" is so much bigger than cable news and newspapers. If we see Trump truly declaring war on the press, it'll be easy to recognize: he'll look and sound like Theresa May just before the UK elections. If something like that happened, well, that's on a short list of ways I might return to the Democratic Party. But really, do you think Trump would dare bite the amphibian hand that feeds him? It'd be political suicide. The proud people of Kekistan shall decide the 2020 election, and I think Trump knows this.

As far as CNN employees in danger goes: I think the primary concern of a low-level CNN reporter at this point should be the lack of professional ethics of their employer. It's a good time to quit, and if threatening CNN employees gives the decision to stay a veneer of bravery, then such threats aren't just wrong, but also stupid.

Oh, you know what I meant, Scrotie. "ToMAYto, toMAHto." And they ALL deserve to be called out if they stray from accurate reporting, Right or Left.

At any rate, too many Left-wing "journalists" now see themselves as "heroes of the People's Resistance" so that they no longer report; they pontificate, weaponizing the 4th Estate as a tool for political struggle. They're quite happy that their employers (CNN et al) provide them the venue for their activism, and a nice, fat, capitalist paycheck to go with it. They couldn't care less about "professional ethics;" they HAVE none. Each one longs for his own cult of personality, public recognition for acts of courage and rebellion, and they fight like crabs in a bucket, crawling up over each other in pursuit of ratings and favor, journalism be damned.

It'd be hilarious, if it wasn't so damned sad. =-[.]-=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Actually, they dropped it for lack of extradition. Swedish authorities are on record stating that, if Assange enters Sweden before statutes of limitation apply, he may be recharged.

I don't know exactly how to feel about someone accused of rape who then goes on to save the free world while a fugitive. He's definitely a hero now, even if perhaps he hasn't always been. If he has a debt to pay, he should pay it, but I don't think Assange needs ethics advice.

wait when did he save the free world I missed that part

I was under the impression he endangered the free world by leaking its secrets

god im behind the times
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on Jun 28, 2017, 10:57:38 PM
Fake is probably wrong term but gets the point across. Point is MSM including CNN has an agenda where journalists no longer exist. They are not reporting news, they are steering it. It's know as advocacy journalism. Otherwise you would hear more about ISIS, HC reform, Loretta lynch etc. Instead 90% is Russia because being liberals they hate Trump and hope that story takes. Remember, Obama said the 80s called, Cold War over, no threat and laughed at Romney. Don't hear that either for some reason now.

Advocacy journalism is nothing new. Used to be called Yellow journalism now it's called Fake news.

Anyway was nothing compared to now. There used to be this thing called ethics in journalism. Using an anonymous source for example, was very rare. Today, however, "journalists" use anonymous sources in nearly every political story. When you let your personal ideology guide your reporting, you've stopped doing your job. Thus Fake news.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 28, 2017, 11:05:24 PM
"
soneka101 wrote:
1-Trump said he would provide evidence that he had been wiretapped, something about unmasking shows up latter and then he goes: "Yeah! That was the thing I was talking about!". Yeah, sure, we believe you meant that all along.

Wiretapped doesn't necessarily involve a physical splice into a hard land line, anymore than a program with bugs involves literal insects as it originally meant. Here's the original computer bug (moth) found in 1947 in a Mark II computer at Harvard.

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017

You are entitled to you own interpretation of the facts, of course. The attempt to delay and hide Susan Rice's actions look bad, and that officials are still pursuing that information doesn't look good either. In this particular case, we will get to watch it all unfold, and like the Russia narrative, it won't be going in favor of the MSM or leftists.

I fully expect that the entire eavesdropping began at the behest of DNC players in a deliberate Watergate effort. The report that Comey 'relied' on to stimulate to entire thing was commissioned by a company with heavy DNC donorship and ties to a Venezuelan criminal enterprise. The MSM isn't telling you that, because they aren't forced to. YET.

Trump's team was eavesdropped on, using electronic means, in his tower. He was right, and will be proven right by the legal process, whereas the MSM position will be shown to be another Nothing Burger as Van Jones of CNN told us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l2G360HrSAs#t=24

"
soneka101 wrote:
Well, my point still stands. If they get tax cuts nothing is stopping then from spending the money overseas. You say that maybe they won't, I say that maybe they will, nevertheless they can, and that's the point.

You said travel, not foreign goods and services. People who have wealth often want to buy quality products, or at least perceived quality. US companies can be as competitive in that market as anyone else. Historically speaking, when they are taxed more in one locale, they move themselves and their spending elsewhere. The US was a haven at one point for the wealthy, drawing them to live and spend here. It is the same for companies. Apple didn't move their money to Ireland because they had a hankering for local Guinness.

"
DalaiLama wrote:
Because everything rich people buy is sold by other rich people? How does that work exactly? Something like the following scenario?

Warren Buffet: "Hey Bill, just thought I'd let you know that since I saved $2,500,000 on my taxes, I am going to buy a copy, no make that TWO copies of Windows 10"

Bill Gates: "Thanks, Warren, with that extra $59, I can finally afford to fly to Australia. By the way, did you ever get ahold of Ms Walton?"

Warren Buffet: "I did talk to Alice, and she says she doesn't have any brown socks in my size, I'm in a real bind now."

Bill Gates: "Just fly one of your butlers over in the Gulfstream and I'll send him back with a couple pair, we can't have you spending your money with plebs."

Warren Buffet: "Thanks Bill, I can always count on you in a crisis situation."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/05/26/melania-trump-wears-51-thousand-dollar-dolce-and-gabanna-coat-in-sicily/102197434/

"
soneka101 wrote:
I wonder if you are trying to miss the point on purpose.

I could say the same, since you didn't link Ivanka Trump's $35 dress from Target. Further, you missed the point that the money is not going 1:1 from rich person to rich person anymore than all $20 of a premium stash tab bundle is personally going to Chris Wilson. There's a whole chain of people whose jobs depend on those sales.

"
soneka101 wrote:
Edit: Just reinforcing: "Trickle down" economics doesn't work, it was tried before it just doesn't.

Tell that to JFK.

As for increasing taxes to get more money for the government, here is what that looks like historically;

Who are these "Rich" people anyway? Let's say we agree the top 1% are rich. How much income does it take to be in the top 1% globally?

30,250 Euros

So, if you make that much, grab your financial ankles and prepare for 90% taxation of your income. If you are in the lowest brackets (less than $1 a day) then 22% of your income sounds fair doesn't it?

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Everyone is wire tapped. Did we forget about Snowden revelations? Every phone call, web search, what you post here, etc is stored in govt data centers.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-03-07/nsa-whistleblower-bill-binney-says-trump-is-absolutely-right-about-wiretap-claims
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 28, 2017, 11:24:18 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Trump is making a mistake I feel attacking his own.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/27/america-first-policies-dean-heller-trump-health-care-240009 Senators will remember that if and when impeachment trials begin.

Senators only concern is continually getting reelected. Getting one to change their opinion on anything is like getting a barnacle to do back flips. The ones that have promised their constituents they'd repeal Obamacare and aren't doing so, are going to take a big hit in any 2018 elections. Some may be vulnerable.

The house would have to impeach, and that's going to go even more heavily in Trump's favor due to the fact that the DNC's strongest asset in elections was the media, which the public trust far less than they ever have. It will be like trying to win at poker with only three cards.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I personally don't belive in the Russia stuff but Deep State and/or one of 5 eyes allies will manufacture something.

Manufacturing something against someone on the outside is easy. Doing it to someone who has access to the inside is vastly different.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Like Sen Schumer said you dont go to war with IC community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you
Chuck obviously lied and misled the public about investigations into Trump, when he knew as a member of the committee that no such investigations were being done at all.

If it came to a physical power struggle, the IC would be wiped out in less than 48 hours. If it came to a data struggle, the best they can do is hide stuff. Faked data will get sussed out by conflicting evidence.

Slowly, but surely, All the left's bases are belonging to Trump.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Where's PETA when you need 'em?

"
Taxpayers Are Funding Animal Tests for Homemade Abortions

http://www.weeklystandard.com/taxpayers-are-funding-animal-tests-for-homemade-abortions/article/2008659

"
One labor and delivery nurse I spoke with said that when the herbs are taken together it is similar to a “coat hanger abortion done in an alley.”

According to the Livestrong website, “Some women use a combination of black cohosh, blue cohosh and dong quai to induce a miscarriage or abortion. The amount of herbs needed to induce miscarriage varies and some women may experience a miscarriage immediately and some women may not miscarry at all. Inducing a miscarriage without a physician's supervision is dangerous and can result in an incomplete miscarriage, in which parts of the fetus can remain inside the uterus.” Another Livestrong webpage states, “The American Academy of Family Physicians explains that midwives have traditionally used the herbs to induce labor or to induce an abortion.”

The NTP is planning—but has not yet conducted—nine separate poisoning tests on animals for Dong Quai. One of the tests is for “developmental toxicity.” Which means force-feeding pregnant rats massive doses of the compound and then killing the animals, cutting out their fetuses and dissecting them. For Black Cohosh, twelve different animal toxicity tests have already been conducted and a thirteenth is in the works.

Oh, that's a grand idea. Federal research on in-home herbal abortion methods. Because nobody would misuse those. =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
> post video of my son singing "kill Donald Trump" song he learned from other kids at daycare
> get no responses for a page

I couldn't hear him at all -- geez, that's what he was singing?
Are you going to bring it up with the daycare?
Audio was crap, sorry; also, I was focused on "anonymous" lighting. I won't ask him to sing it again. Apparently, the song goes:

Kill Donald Trump
Kill Donald Trump
Why kill Donald Trump?
Because he did this
*extend middle finger at audience*

My son tells me it's the other kids spreading this and that children have already gotten in trouble at his daycare for it. Because I doubt it is the particular daycare's fault, and more of a general "relying on daycare" problem for me to own, I haven't talked with them about it yet. I might yet. I talked with my son a lot about political violence vs freedom of speech. I live in El Paso, Texas, so there's a lot of pro-Mexico sentiment here.

It's scary shit though. Cultish, even.

That's all the left has now, indoctrination and blind obedience. They have been starting with kids for at least 15 years. When they couldn't persuade adults, they knew they has to start brainwashing children.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info