Donald Trump and US politics

"
diablofdb wrote:
So your argument is basically: everyone who disagree with me is stupid and because of that I do not even have to bring up any facts to make a counter argument because I called that person stupid therefore I win.

Meanwhile in reality land, Obama has been in charge of the country for the past 8 years, the state the country is in right now is his fault. Bad Obamacare, at war with 7 + other countries, doubled the country debt, made the unemployment rate even higher than it was before, dividing the population and making racial problems a thing again. I'm sorry but fact is, the state of the country right now is the result of his decision, it's his legacy. And calling me stupid because you enjoy following leaders blindly won't change a damm thing.

"Obama was bad! Therefore every bad stuff that happens after Obama is his fault!"

Unemployment higher than before? He went in on a crisis, and left with a record streak of job growth
"
When President Obama took office in January 2009, the unemployment rate was 7.8 percent and the economy was in the throes of a deep economic crisis.

The jobless rate peaked at 10 percent in October of Obama’s first year in office and took five years to gradually drop back below 6 percent.

The economy has added jobs for 75 straight months, the longest streak since 1939.

Sauce:http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/06/obama-astounding-history-longest-job-growth-strength-75-years.html
When he left office I think unemployment was at 4.7 or something like that.

Another thing, how are the 7 wars that you cited related to this shitty bill they are trying to pass?

The new bill is not there to solve anything that you might be imagining. As far as I've heard it doesn't necessarily lower the price of health care, but will leave millions of people uninsured, it cuts founding to medicaid, and is basically a tax cut to the top 1%.

Why would Obama be responsible for that shitty thing? For real?

"Tax cuts for rich people is good for the economy, Obama messed the economy and this is how we heal!"

Trickle down doesn't work. People just keep the money, they don't reinvest in the economy. They tried this shit more than once before. If people are going to keep trying shit everybody knows it doesn't work then lets try communism again, let's see how everyone likes that.
Spoiler

There are lots of things that Obama did that he deserves criticism for, but I think that one of the good things that people can agree that is good, is Obamacare. Don't get me wrong it's not perfect, it has flaws, but it's much better than what people had before.

I've heard people saying that Obamacare is good because the only way to do better is with universal healthcare. Having universal healthcare before Obamacare might have been a pipe dream, but after Obamacare was implemented, universal healthcare seems to be the only way to do better.

You said you were a canadian right? You guys have universal healthcare right? Tell me, it fells good to have it? Don't you think it would be nice if americans had it too?

-------

About me calling you stupid, I didn't do that. I said that what you wrote was stupid. I thought that it could be something occasional, that it happens once in a while. But now if you say that this is your "normal", I think I have to believe it.

If my answer to you was too long winded and you still don't get why I said that what you wrote is stupid here is a shorter explanation: Saying that this bill is on Obama IS STUPID. There is no logic behind blaming him for this bill, you just can't connect the two of them.

Blaming him for that remind me of when Mitch McConnell filibustered his own bill, and then said that it was Obama's fault.

-------
Bonus:
Spoiler

Oh, and BTW, Obamacare is more popular than Trump right now, and like they say, "there are some things that you only value when you lose it", so I wonder what would happen if it was repealed...
Last edited by soneka101 on May 5, 2017, 12:31:30 PM
"
Elynole wrote:
Especially a Republic that has positions of government that don't have term limits

Tell me about it. We got Merkel for 12 years now. I'm pretty sure she'll make it another 12.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
soneka101 wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
So your argument is basically: everyone who disagree with me is stupid and because of that I do not even have to bring up any facts to make a counter argument because I called that person stupid therefore I win.

Meanwhile in reality land, Obama has been in charge of the country for the past 8 years, the state the country is in right now is his fault. Bad Obamacare, at war with 7 + other countries, doubled the country debt, made the unemployment rate even higher than it was before, dividing the population and making racial problems a thing again. I'm sorry but fact is, the state of the country right now is the result of his decision, it's his legacy. And calling me stupid because you enjoy following leaders blindly won't change a damm thing.

"Obama was bad! Therefore every bad stuff that happens after Obama is his fault!"

Unemployment higher than before? He went in on a crisis, and left with a record streak of job growth
"
When President Obama took office in January 2009, the unemployment rate was 7.8 percent and the economy was in the throes of a deep economic crisis.

The jobless rate peaked at 10 percent in October of Obama’s first year in office and took five years to gradually drop back below 6 percent.

The economy has added jobs for 75 straight months, the longest streak since 1939.

Sauce:http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/06/obama-astounding-history-longest-job-growth-strength-75-years.html
When he left office I think unemployment was at 4.7 or something like that.

Another thing, how are the 7 wars that you cited related to this shitty bill they are trying to pass?

The new bill is not there to solve anything that you might be imagining. As far as I've heard it doesn't necessarily lower the price of health care, but will leave millions of people uninsured, it cuts founding to medicaid, and is basically a tax cut to the top 1%.

Why would Obama be responsible for that shitty thing? For real?

"Tax cuts for rich people is good for the economy, Obama messed the economy and this is how we heal!"

Trickle down doesn't work. People just keep the money, they don't reinvest in the economy. They tried this shit more than once before. If people are going to keep trying shit everybody knows it doesn't work then lets try communism again, let's see how everyone likes that.
Spoiler

There are lots of things that Obama did that he deserves criticism for, but I think that one of the good things that people can agree that is good, is Obamacare. Don't get me wrong it's not perfect, it has flaws, but it's much better than what people had before.

I've heard people saying that Obamacare is good because the only way to do better is with universal healthcare. Having universal healthcare before Obamacare might have been a pipe dream, but after Obamacare was implemented, universal healthcare seems to be the only way to do better.

You said you were a canadian right? You guys have universal healthcare right? Tell me, it fells good to have it? Don't you think it would be nice if americans had it too?

-------

About me calling you stupid, I didn't do that. I said that what you wrote was stupid. I thought that it could be something occasional, that it happens once in a while. But now if you say that this is your "normal", I think I have to believe it.

If my answer to you was too long winded and you still don't get why I said that what you wrote is stupid here is a shorter explanation: Saying that this bill is on Obama IS STUPID. There is no logic behind blaming him for this bill, you just can't connect the two of them.

Blaming him for that remind me of when Mitch McConnell filibustered his own bill, and then said that it was Obama's fault.

-------
Bonus:
Spoiler

Oh, and BTW, Obamacare is more popular than Trump right now, and like they say, "there are some things that you only value when you lose it", so I wonder what would happen if it was repealed...

Obama was terrible, no amount of statistic wrangling can change that. Reagan was the last great President, all Presidents since Reagan are terrible, and we will keep getting worse and worse, as Trump is proving.
OK. Let's forget Obama as in the whole package. Just consider Obamacare.

To be fair, if you are a poor person in a blue state (that is a state where Medicaid was expanded) it is not great but still better than nothing.

The rest of us? Not so much.

We pay about $300/mo for a policy that no doctor in my county accepts, and only one hospital, way on the other side of town in a neighborhood where there damned well better be a hospital, accepts. We have a $24000.00 per year deductible. That's right. 24K. Now how can anyone think this is a good policy?

And this is where it becomes difficult to separate Obamacare w/Obama IMO. He did not have the experience to tackle what was arguably the most complex domestic issue at the time. He pretty much invited the crooked insurance companies to write the law and that is one huge reason it stinks so bad.
Censored.
"
Kamchatka wrote:

Obama was terrible, no amount of statistic wrangling can change that. Reagan was the last great President, all Presidents since Reagan are terrible, and we will keep getting worse and worse, as Trump is proving.

I would say actually Reagan was the first really bad* modern president. His Reaganomics set in motion the environment that destroyed the US middle class we are still suffering from to this day.

As far as economic policy is concerned. He was really great otherwise.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on May 5, 2017, 1:54:54 PM
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:

I would say actually Reagan was the first really bad modern president. His Reaganomics set in motion the environment that destroyed the US's middle class we are still suffering from to this day.

The idiot policies of the Presidents & congress's that followed the great Ronald Reagan are not Reagan's fault.
E: nvm
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on May 5, 2017, 1:58:06 PM
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:

I would say actually Reagan was the first really bad* modern president. His Reaganomics set in motion the environment that destroyed the US middle class we are still suffering from to this day.

As far as economic policy is concerned. He was really great otherwise.

Well....
And the domestic policy of school prayer.
And the domestic policy of ramping up the fight against the "War on Drugs".
And the foreign policy of massively escalating the Cold War.
And the domestic policy of neglecting the AIDS epidemic.
And the foreign policy fuck-up of Iran-Contra for which he should've been hung for treason.

I'm gonna go with no, he was not a great President. He just happened to govern due a boom time that was virtually impossible to fuck up, but still nearly managed.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Elynole wrote:
Especially a Republic that has positions of government that don't have term limits

Tell me about it. We got Merkel for 12 years now. I'm pretty sure she'll make it another 12.

Please dont vote for her and her crazy party this year. I want my fucking name change and i dont wanna wait 2 years to get it! Besides, anything better than a party that has the word christian in its name.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Elynole wrote:

Please dont vote for her and her crazy party this year. I want my fucking name change and i dont wanna wait 2 years to get it! Besides, anything better than a party that has the word christian in its name.

Cause changing your name to fool ppl into thinking you're a girl is the top priority! Forget that your country's going down the tubes or anything..
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info