Donald Trump and US politics

Maybe you guys missed the part where, after resigning from National Security Advisor, Flynn publicly registered as a 2016 lobbyist for a foreign corporation with ties to the Erdogan administration in Turkey.

Although, technically, that lobbying was originally reported in November, so it's not really that Flynn's resignation was required, even if it provided confirmation.

What is disturbing is that, amidst an unabashed and manufactured hysteria over every single story involving Trump, most of which are utter nonsense, the volume is so loud that real stories get drowned out. It's the rough equivalent of crying wolf once every 15 minutes; people learn to tune it out.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 23, 2017, 1:36:17 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Why would that make you more uncomfortable than...

I never said it would.

I'm really, REALLY surprised that you didn't take the post for exactly what it was.

When you finally did get around to it, Flynn did do wrong, he was fired, he should have been fired, he wouldn't have been fired if not for the leaks and there is apparently nothing in the government and law system that would have brought this about. Even though two branches were aware.

More to the point, these branches are now saying he should have been fired and are (rightly so) trying to root out the leaks, while not even touching on the fact that the whole system would have failed without them. It doesn't even matter if you or I think he should have been fired or not. THEY now say he should, but neither were going to bring it about.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 23, 2017, 2:39:11 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Maybe you guys missed the part where, after resigning from National Security Advisor, Flynn publicly registered as a 2016 lobbyist for a foreign corporation with ties to the Erdogan administration in Turkey.
As I understand it, that was a retroactive move made because of how recent some of his dealings prior to the election were so recent. More like an oversight than a flagrant foul. If you've seen something with substantive rather than speculative, I'd be interested to check it out.

Tomorrow (Thurs) should be an interesting test of Trump's deal making skills. The posturing we see in public is only half the story. Things like who's in what company's back pocket, or possibly working with the opposition really aren't covered by the press.

You may have already seen this - and while not conclusive of anything - I think it shows just how tangled up all these votes can be:

http://imgur.com/gallery/jANZt
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

When you finally did get around to it, Flynn did do wrong, he was fired
He was fired because he wasn't honest with Pence. Had he been so, he might still be on the job.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
More to the point, these branches are now saying he should have been fired

The same branches that said nothing about firing Hillary, or Obama's AG (either of them)? They are saying this because Trump is not playing their game. If they could concoct a reason for Trump to be forced to get a divorce, they would do so.
Spoiler
(if you haven't seen some of their left's efforts along these lines, prepare for THAT sometime soon)

These aren't nice people, and they will do anything necessary to stay in their seats of power, sucking up money and hiding it away. Keep in mind many of them participated in needless wars where over 650,000 people died.

To think that they honestly care about "ethics" is extremely naive. To trust what "they" think right, is like trusting Piety, Dominus, Malachai and the Beast for moral guidance.

Further, as proof that they aren't concerned about security - When Devin Nunes, chairman of the House intelligence committee spoke today about how Trump was spied on - the "concerned" people ran away as fast as they could from that information. Nunes has gone as far as saying that the FBI is not cooperating. Don't bother with the MSM's coverage of what he said, watch what he actually said here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG1iwnylUq4

Last week, when everyone jumped on Trump for not having information, the public didn't know that the information had been requested weeks before. Some agencies complied. The FBI is still not cooperating.

Comey could end up in prison, or if actively colluding with foreign elements to cripple America's government, I would not be surprised to see Comey tried for treason and given the death penalty as an example.

It really depends on how deep the corruption runs.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 23, 2017, 4:34:56 AM
OMG, DL, you are so blinded. I don't even.

Nunes had nothing, absolutely nothing.

He even told Schiff that the names hadn't been unmasked. He went to Trump to warn him that he thought one or more of the masked people which were caught from surveillance of others under a FISA were either him or his associates.

He totally broke rank in doing that. He hadn't even shared the information with Schiff at that point but went to Ryan first then to Trump. Trump is under investigation, yet Nunes went to him with info. That's bad.

Nunes should be in serious trouble and a proper non partisan investigation committee set up.

Before you go all Hillary on me. I know how corrupt her, her cronies and the establishment are. I won't defend her. But I sure as hell won't defend Trump and this shit that is going on. Non-partisan sight, you should try it.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 23, 2017, 6:00:42 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
OMG, DL, you are so blinded. I don't even.

Nunes had nothing, absolutely nothing.

He even told Schiff that the names hadn't been unmasked. He went to Trump to warn him that he thought one or more of the masked people which were caught from surveillance of others under a FISA were either him or his associates.

He totally broke rank in doing that. He hadn't even shared the information with Schiff at that point but went to Ryan first then to Trump. Trump is under investigation, yet Nunes went to him with info. That's bad.

Nunes should be in serious trouble and a proper non partisan investigation committee set up.

Before you go all Hillary on me. I know how corrupt her, her cronies and the establishment are. I won't defend her. But I sure as hell won't defend Trump and this shit that is going on. Non-partisan sight, you should try it.

Hillary isnt in the white house, Trump is. No one should have the right to bring her up. The white house is burning and no one is putting it out. Trump will get impeached but not if he gets briefed on what they got on him.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

LMAO, don't even try to act like you're neutral or non-partisan here. You're drumming up all the bullshit from leftist media. You need to lay off that NBC.

Trump wasn't lying about the wiretapping claims. The libs attacking Nunez are just trying to kill the messenger. So what if he reported to Trump? Trump is the one who asked directly for an investigation into the wiretapping. They agreed to investigate wiretapping along with potential collusion with the Russians. That was the agreement. The wiretapping investigation is separate. Heads are exploding on the left after Trump was proven to be right. And you're trying to make this about "jumping rank", LMAO. That's the weakest attempt at deflecting that I've ever seen.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 23, 2017, 8:11:04 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

LMAO, don't even try to act like you're neutral or non-partisan here. You're drumming up all the bullshit from leftist media. You need to lay off that NBC.

Trump wasn't lying about the wiretapping claims. The libs attacking Nunez are just trying to kill the messenger. So what if he reported to Trump? Trump is the one who asked directly for an investigation into the wiretapping. They agreed to investigate wiretapping along with potential collusion with the Russians. That was the agreement. The wiretapping investigation is separate. Heads are exploding on the left after Trump was proven to be right. And you're trying to make this about "jumping rank", LMAO. That's the weakest attempt at deflecting that I've ever seen.

But I am neutral.

I'm getting my info from all sorts of media, it's the only way to NOT get only biased and false news.

Everyone should use several sources, no matter your political side. If you only view right wing media as a right wing person, you ONLY get right wing biased media.

Watch all the media, then scrape of the false and bias. You are left with something far from what you just wrote.

Trump's wiretap claims were 100% based on that stupid Judge on FOX. 100%.

He was wrong. Rather than admit it he doubled down. Then moved goalposts to mean any wiretapping not by Obama. Then moved them again to mean any surveillance. He asked for an investigation to buy time and to work out how to spin it. Which soon became clear that he was going to claim anyone from his team that was captured while they were surveilling another person.

Trump was under no sense of the imagination right.

Here's what I can't understand. You are totally fine with corruption, lies, dirty money, big donor influence, quid pro quo and instability, as long as it is your guy.

I'd be acting this exact way if it was Trump, Hillary, Bernie, Cruz, or whoever else.

You can't say that.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 23, 2017, 9:27:17 AM
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Trump's wiretap claims were 100% based on that stupid Judge on FOX. 100%.

He was wrong. Rather than admit it he doubled down. Then moved goalposts to mean any wiretapping not by Obama. Then moved them again to mean any surveillance.
I personally don't consider this a moving of goalposts. I think it goes without saying that Obama would have impervious plausible deniability, yet was probably aware of his administration's behavior (as evidenced by Obama executive order). And I never interpreted "wiretapping" to mean anything other than phone surveillance, which we know they do to almost everyone (PRISM program/Snowden revelations).

Now, I'll give you that Trump seemingly stumbled onto this position. But that's how he trolls you guys into attacking him when he's right — feigned weakness and poor wording. It's "last night in Sweden" all over again (even including the FOX News citation). Manipulative? You betcha. But you think you'd learn.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 23, 2017, 10:12:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info