Donald Trump and US politics

"
Raycheetah wrote:
Aw, gee, Anu. Why you gotta be so mean? I hadn't come across the story, so I looked it up, and now I'm "blind?" =^[.]^=

Oh shit.

MSM has finally gotten hold of it, I just found Madhouse covering it, title wasn't obvious.

I'd rather she didn't cover it as it just gives more cause to laugh and disbelieve.

That said, she does a good job.

OldNanMadhouse
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 22, 2017, 4:54:54 AM
All right, let's embrace the analogy. It's all a real-life GoT. I actually like that. Where are the good guys? Associating the Trump side with white walkers won't work though. The white walkers are an alien and malevolent force. Trump & co are quite human.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Instead of picking holes in an analogy, which quite openly will have many, focus on the parts which are analogous, because that's the point.

"
Bars wrote:
All right, let's embrace the analogy. It's all a real-life GoT. I actually like that. Where are the good guys? Associating the Trump side with white walkers won't work though. The white walkers are an alien and malevolent force. Trump & co are quite human.

NotLikeThis
Casually casual.

Well, I don't think your analogy was a good one. Can't simply go with it :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
It's all a real-life GoT. I actually like that. Where are the good guys?

It's almost like you don't know the first thing about GoT.

The good guys, or the closest you'll find in GoT which is not very close at all, died in the first season. Off-screen.

That's exactly my point.
So I just watched all of Madhouse's vid.

Again, she did a good job (crazy as she is) and it obviously went out before this extradition was granted.

As I said earlier, shit gonna get real, real fast.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 22, 2017, 5:40:52 AM
"
Hatred against white people?

Where?

Have you seen a black lives matter protest? Some of their signs and chants are so outrageously racist. There's a severe cultural problem emerging where hatred against white people is being normalized.

There was that incident where 4 black youths tied up and tortured a white disabled person, and streamed it live on facebook because they were so confident people in their community would praise them for beating a white guy. When was the last time you saw a white person torturing a black person? Those crazy people with the pointy hats are long gone, and any few remaining are shamed into hiding. If an actual Nazi recruiter showed up at a university to try recruit youths ANTIFA wouldn't even be needed, the white people would just troll and heckle that recruiter into oblivion. The white supremacist boogeyman died well before a black president won the popular vote, twice.

But the black on white hate is becoming so open. Earlier you had the knockout game as an excuse to punch random white people but now you can just scream that they're a Nazi trump supporter and run over them with a car, after taking turns punching and kicking them, while a crowd cheers you on, films it, and posts it on social media (like they think it's acceptable behavior!) - referring to that incident in November in Chicago.

The media doesn't often report black on white crime (or black on black crime for that matter). There's some pretty heavy bias. Someone on 4chan/pol released a chrome app that globally changes the word "white" to "black" wherever it is and the results on Salon, Huffington Post, BuzzFeed, and others is so revolting and shameful it's amazing how normalized hate speech toward white men in the media has become. If people installed that app on school computers, libraries, etc the outrage would be enormous. Yet the outrage should be enormous as-is.

"
And has it actually translated into any real discrimination or social force, the way hatred against black people has metastasized into the pervasive systemic racism we see today

Pervasive systemic racism, today? Are you serious? Can you provide real examples of racism that is structured into organizations and government in North America?

The opportunities for visible minorities, women, aboriginals, and people with disabilities have never been higher. In Canada we have the Employment Equity Act which requires employers (and colleges/universities) to recruit from these designated groups over white males whenever there is an opportunity to do so.

We have this strange concept where we want our statistics/results to match demographics and apparently it's OK if we discriminate against groups to achieve that. That seems somewhat backwards to me and I'd prefer it if we could eliminate name/age/gender/ethnicity from the hiring/recruiting process wherever we can. It should be blind to those things unless it's a job where it becomes relevant (i.e. a private womens fitness center seeking additional female trainers, a medical clinic seeking a doctor/nurse of a particular gender that they're lacking (similar with border security/airports for patdowns, etc.)).

My local police station was recently hiring and their ad specifically stated that preferential bias would be given to openly gay/transgender applicants (OK that may sound like a weird example to people in the USA but the police sunshine list Canada is massive, i.e. within a few years they earn over $100,000 annually and get 124 sick days at 75% pay; it's relatively safe here so landing that job is like winning the lottery).

Nowadays in most cases it's definitely easier if you're not a straight white male, assuming the various identity classifications are the only differences. Unfortunately that's not the case. For example many aboriginals grow up in poor conditions and/or in environments with very different aspirations/goals/role models, and despite having so much more government help we see poor career/education performance, lower life expectancy, and greater incarceration rates.

It's so damaging to these groups to blame the results on racism. It's not racist employers, racist schools, racist police, racist judges. That's ridiculous. People here aren't racist anymore. We've had generations growing up with the internet, interacting with everyone in an environment where none of the identity politics matter. We've had generations living in an environment where equal rights is so fundamental to our belief system that you could mush our brains and squeeze out concentrated equal rights juices.

Yet the media tries to push a completely different narrative and it's tragic to see people, usually the poor, fall for it. The identity rhetoric and selective reporting divides and distracts people from the real issues.

When women don't achieve the same career progression as equal-aged men, it's potentially destructive to blame sexism. There needs to be an awareness of other factors, like delaying career progression to raise children or care for parents/relatives, hormonal differences at various age brackets and how that affects behavior, negotiation, and motivation, and varying prioritization of goals/responsibilities. It we stop pretending that everyone is identical and every measurable performance difference is a result of sexism or racism or some phobia we can develop targeted programs/benefits/incentives and/or alternate training/work pathways to actually help facilitate more equal career progression without forcing it via discriminatory processes.

With respect to black youth unemployment, aboriginal everything, and so on. It's not institutional racism bringing them down. Not anymore. But there used to be racism and there are lingering effects from that: family education, family wealth, and family living location. This drives real cultural and environmental differences.

When you cluster low-income housing in 1 spot you create communities with much poorer performance outcomes. All the low-income kids aggregated in 1 school impacts the schools funding, and the teaching standard moves with student capability. If half of your students are English second language or can't do homework at home because they're farming/working/babysitting/chores or don't want to do homework at home because they have a poor role model, the teaching standard for the entire class goes down. This extends to all service: police, fire, emergency/hospital, safe shopping and so on, it all suffers with low-income clustering. It's the same for the isolated native communities in Canada. It's the same for white or asian people who live in the ghetto.

The way to fix it is to break up all the ghettos/projects and fully funded reserves and provide distributed low-income housing, i.e. subsidize a few homes on every street and integrate the poor/dependent with the middle and upper class communities. Instead we have the opposite with the upper class building gated communities, the middle class disappearing, and every political party grouping the poor into clusters. Of course it's a shit show and the only way the rich are going to succeed in controlling the poor is by dividing them, building up that identity tension, and convincing them to fight each other.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
So I just watched all of Madhouse's vid.

Again, she did a good job (crazy as she is) and it obviously went out before this extradition was granted.

As I said earlier, shit gonna get real, real fast.

Yes, as you said earlier. Are you going to make your point, or shall I make it for you?

As I read your hyperbole, President Trump's administration is going to soft-pedal this guy because of his previous association with Manafort. Ooh, spooky corruption!

Let's wait and see if "shit get real," shall we? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

That's exactly my point.

Try making one without asking a dumb question next time. Even rhetorically, it was dumb. Sorry. :(

It's either dumb, or rhetorical. You can't have it both ways. Not sorry.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Okay, it was dumb.

Moving on.

You sound like you need to have your jimmies unrustled.

there is no need to be upset

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info