Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
Chris wrote:

Please let us know if you have any feedback on this system!

how telling this quote is. tell us whether you have feedback but we already know we're not gonna consider it but implement this exactly as already decided LOL
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Arcis wrote:
afaik, the main reason people want a SSF league is so the game doesn't have to be balanced around the fact that trading will always be much more efficient than soloing. if there are no additional benefits to playing SSF, i think this has missed the point.

this, too

and I bet there's not gonna be a ssf standard/hardcore, even though that fact is conveniently not mentioned in wilson's post
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Love playing self-found, i'm really happy about that update! :)
I love the idea of a SSF league, but not if it has the same drop rates as standard. The game's drop rates are balanced around trade. If you remove trade, then you need to re-balance drop rates. If not, then you are half-assing this feature.

My question is, why make an entirely new league if you aren't going to do anything with it? For a ladder? Does that really require a new league? Couldn't you just have SSF as an option at character creation, and then add that filter to the current ladders?

Also, WTF is this "opt-out" option? If someone wants to play with trade, then they can make a character there. If someone wants to play SSF, then they make a character in SSF. "What if I want to play with my friends in the standard league?" Make a new character there. "But I lose all of my gear." No different than the new leagues that start up every few months. Also, you've got friends, they can help gear you back up. "But I got this awesome drop that I could trade." Welcome to SSF, a choice you made at character creation. Live with it.

If you are making a new league for SSF, it needs to have drop rates adjusted, and it needs to be a permanent choice for that character.
I am thrilled.
I intended to play a build with extremely low gear requirements next league.
I usually don't care about HC, achievements, bragging rights, stuff like that.

But for the fun of it, I will do it.

I will also add that this is an excellent way of getting rid of the "I absolutely have to play the game at max efficiency to keep farming at the rate everyone else does so that the relative value of my monetary worth doesn't sink" pressure.

So... when does it go live ? When does the season end ?
"
polimeris wrote:

So... when does it go live ? When does the season end ?

iirc Breach ends Feb 27th, 2.6 should go live shortly after.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
CycloneJack wrote:
I love the idea of a SSF league, but not if it has the same drop rates as standard. The game's drop rates are balanced around trade. If you remove trade, then you need to re-balance drop rates. If not, then you are half-assing this feature.

My question is, why make an entirely new league if you aren't going to do anything with it? For a ladder? Does that really require a new league? Couldn't you just have SSF as an option at character creation, and then add that filter to the current ladders?

Also, WTF is this "opt-out" option? If someone wants to play with trade, then they can make a character there. If someone wants to play SSF, then they make a character in SSF. "What if I want to play with my friends in the standard league?" Make a new character there. "But I lose all of my gear." No different than the new leagues that start up every few months. Also, you've got friends, they can help gear you back up. "But I got this awesome drop that I could trade." Welcome to SSF, a choice you made at character creation. Live with it.

If you are making a new league for SSF, it needs to have drop rates adjusted, and it needs to be a permanent choice for that character.

So much this!

Also, currency in a SSF league are just what they are without additional worth, so there should be a way to get them consistently. Like for example, Exalted and Regal Orbs, you should be more inclined to USE them earlier and not horde them as much as possible (if you even find an Exalted Orb). To do this, just add them to the vendor like the magic ones that go from Transformation to Augmentation to Alteration Orbs. Orb of Alchemy is basically the Transformation Orb for rares, Augmentation is an Exalted and Alteration is a Chaos Orb, add the Regal Orb above them.

Just have the vendors sell them 4:1 from Alchemy->Exalted->Chaos->Regal

That alone would help tremendiously, but will obviously have to make the SSF league a permanent one.
"
VocahVerkas wrote:

Also, currency in a SSF league are just what they are without additional worth, so there should be a way to get them consistently. Like for example, Exalted and Regal Orbs, you should be more inclined to USE them earlier and not horde them as much as possible (if you even find an Exalted Orb). To do this, just add them to the vendor like the magic ones that go from Transformation to Augmentation to Alteration Orbs. Orb of Alchemy is basically the Transformation Orb for rares, Augmentation is an Exalted and Alteration is a Chaos Orb, add the Regal Orb above them.

Just have the vendors sell them 4:1 from Alchemy->Exalted->Chaos->Regal

That alone would help tremendiously, but will obviously have to make the SSF league a permanent one.

Chaos and regal orbs can already be farmed very efficiently because of vendor recipes (generally it would be wise to use them in SSF since that's the only reliable way to get the currency you want, no trading). I think perhaps your order of vendor selling them is wrong however.

The current vendor goes like this:
Wisdom->Portal->Transmute->Augment->Alteration->Jewelers->Fuse->Chance->Scour->Regret->Alchemy
With an offshot of
Jeweler->Chromatic
and the entirely separate:
Scrap->Whetstone->Bauble

If we're going to continue the chain from Alchemy I think it would likely go:
Alchemy->Chaos->Regal->Exalted->Mirror

This based on the chance, chaos, and regal recipes in that order of item level, with nothing for exalts or mirrors. It seems very unusual to place exalted orbs before chaos and regals because of the vendor recipes.

By the way, by my understanding the SSF league is intended to be a permanent league, it just has an opt out feature. The opt out is what in my opinion strongly goes against doing something that is just for SSF leagues. I wouldn't be against putting in new vendor recipes OR selling the currencies at the vendors globally, but if GGG was going to do that, I'm surprised they haven't already.
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
Chaos and regal orbs can already be farmed very efficiently because of vendor recipes (generally it would be wise to use them in SSF since that's the only reliable way to get the currency you want, no trading). I think perhaps your order of vendor selling them is wrong however.

The current vendor goes like this:
Wisdom->Portal->Transmute->Augment->Alteration->Jewelers->Fuse->Chance->Scour->Regret->Alchemy
With an offshot of
Jeweler->Chromatic
and the entirely separate:
Scrap->Whetstone->Bauble

If we're going to continue the chain from Alchemy I think it would likely go:
Alchemy->Chaos->Regal->Exalted->Mirror

This based on the chance, chaos, and regal recipes in that order of item level, with nothing for exalts or mirrors. It seems very unusual to place exalted orbs before chaos and regals because of the vendor recipes.

By the way, by my understanding the SSF league is intended to be a permanent league, it just has an opt out feature. The opt out is what in my opinion strongly goes against doing something that is just for SSF leagues. I wouldn't be against putting in new vendor recipes OR selling the currencies at the vendors globally, but if GGG was going to do that, I'm surprised they haven't already.

I was intentionally placing it like this to repeat the functions of the orbs like the magic ones. Maybe the Regal should be placed somewhat cheaper between the magic and rare ones, just to make more sense of what the orb does.
The whole discussion about tweaked drop rates or exclusive vendor recipes is pointless.

1. As long as the stuff is not voided and moved to parent league it will never happen.

2. As some people stated before: it kills the point of SSF. Players want a harder game, a game that has slower progression and lasts way longer. I am personally very exited about it and will definitely play it. If it has increased drop rates or any other 'free stuff' compared to core game then I would never touch it.

So yeah imo 1 + 2 combined is way too much to expect any differences from core game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info