Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

I'm always playing in hardcore leagues and always solo xD I've been playing in a party only a few times and in the very beginning of the game, a very, very long time ago
"
Perimax wrote:
"
lllll8lllll wrote:

I always play Solo Self found but there comes a time that i have farmed for X and not found it, so i say fuck it and just buy that one or two item that i need. (unique item)

Sorry but then this is not SSF. The only solution for your problem would be making drop rates 100%. So that all the items you think you would need will be guaranteed, otherwise you will always think that you will lack that one specific item. Instead, just stay trading league as before and be happy having access to all items you think you need after you have enough of your 'SSF'. But I think that is why they want to implement this opt-out feature. But then more than ever there is no need for increased drop rates.

Or you can code the game better; where if X skill is used then Y or Z items will drop more frequently for that player and this chance is increased every hour spent in combat while in maps.

Or any other idea.
Last edited by lllll8lllll on Jan 24, 2017, 4:36:53 PM
Awesome idea! I usually play alone and don't really participate in trades as I never know the prices. Would totally play the SSF 100% of the time.
I have always been waiting for this honor in HC mode !!!
This is HACK and SLUSH !!!
GJ GGG!!!
:>
It will be extremaly hard to get wanted legendaries (build enabling stuff). Increase top legendaries drops rate a bit for SSF, or provide othe way to get them (like crafting, or better increased orb of chance) ?
"
ghoulavenger wrote:

I can sympathize with that point of view since the game is balanced on trading. However I've been playing mostly self found since before forsaken masters. You get everything you need with playtime. The drop rates are fine. The expectation is that if you're serious about SSF you'll get everything you need simply by playing the game. Your first build won't be what you want it to be, since it'll have to match what you find. Your second and third builds will have much more flexibility.

My issue isn't really with magic or rare items, but with the uniques.

If someone wants to 5 link something by playing SSF, it's perfectly doable; kill a lot of stuff, get enough magic and rare items, sell them to vendors for orbs of alteration, trade those through masters all the way to orbs of fusing, and pay Voricci to craft the 5 link item. It's very doable within a league.

If someone wants one of the many build-enabling uniques, good luck. There is such a big pool of uniques that you could play for years and never get the one for the build you have in mind. I have been playing for years and last week was the first time I got an Infractem, which is far from being a top tier unique. In fact, at this exact moment it's being sold on Poe.trade for one jewellers.

Someone could easily reply, "just play the game without those uniques". That would be like playing the game with only half the skill gems, especially considering how cheap many of those items are on the player market (again, many are cheaper than skill gems).

IMO, GGG should add a way for players to get those items in a SSF league, even if it's harder or more expensive than in the common leagues. And then move the "opt out" characters exclusively to the standard league, to avoid messing with the economy of the temporary leagues.
FINALLY, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see that the way you are doing this makes it impossible to up the droprates or something for SSFers to get access to build-enabling uniques, but would you consider upping the probability to chance a "trash" unique for all players? It would not affect economy at all since such uniques are worth less than a couple chance orbs anyways, only SSFers would ever try to chance them as keeping the orbs would be far more profitable for others. Like average 30 chances to get Bones of Ullr? What about adding some more cards so we are able to farm something like Alphas Howl? How about some div cards only drops in certain shaped maps, would be cool, takes some extra effort.
Still it's poe so i guess divination cards for unique items is the answer. Wanna get key unique to the build? Run 50x or 100x Location, no problem, or something like this. Slightly less random slightly more grind in the key points
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
Last edited by HQuality on Jan 24, 2017, 6:35:54 PM
How many stash tabs are planned? Because f2p people won't be able to use mule account...
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxShadow on Jan 24, 2017, 6:56:42 PM
Drop rates would need to somehow be modified. Unless GGG wants to see everyone playing builds that don't require anything except gem level to be successful. And, they're aren't too many of those builds around anymore.

Or, create a vendor that would sell unique items for a currency cost. At least then you could grind for the items that you needed to make a successful build.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
Last edited by Bowman8763 on Jan 24, 2017, 6:57:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info