Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
ghoulavenger wrote:
(takes about 2 weeks to bench craft a 6L with vorici). All self found. This is not an unrealistic expectation. It all depends on how long you play more than anything else.

Ofc there will always be people who have no job or responsibilities and can eric cartman it... Hell I used to be one of them back in Diablo days in 1996. But even still I can't fathom farming 1500 fuses in 2 weeks no lifing it or not. Can't really account for people like that in my statements and IMO it's not reasonable to take exception to my statements based on that. There's always going to be edge cases. The exceptions test the rule.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Can i still talk with my guild, im the only one whos playing SSF in there, it would be sad if i couldnt use this cool stuff.
"
PoopCityRemix wrote:
SSF - a league for socially inept troglodytes

This makes you socially adept, like your character naming. SSF will let people avoid your types in game and that is a buff.
"
Wraeklops wrote:

Haha, I wish...
Sure, you CAN do this theoretically, but you'll need MASSIVE amounts of playtime. I like to play alone and just chat with guild, so I like this new feature but for my limited ingame-time, I just can progress at some point and usually take worn stuff that guildies don't need anymore ;)

An offlineversion could provide different difficulty settings to make things easier without cheating.

One problem is my favourite playing style: melee
Not cyclone or wannabe-melee-like skills or indirect damage... just hitting stuff with a sword. It's hard to even beat "normal"

Fuckin' A
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
Thaerathandel wrote:
No party allowed = FANTASTIC IDEA.
No trade allowed = unplayable idea.

It's a game about find and equip more and more powerfull items. If you can't trade - then 99.999% of items you will found will be useless. Even with high and good rolls them would be not rewarding for a player. No rewards = no sence in game.

So it would be fantastic if you will remove party abuses from the game, and don't break economy same time.

You are contradicting yourself "It's a game about find and equip more and more powerfull items.". Notice you said "find" not "trade". I am all for "finding".
You know, props to you GGG for supporting a distinctive play style that is genuinely hard and radically changes the pace of the game. This should go a long way to quell all those people whining that the game is too easy for them, now all you have to say to them is "If its easy, go play SSF!". I want to emphacise that I am impressed with this move, but I genuinely can't feel good about it. The simple reason being that I can't imagine that the actual effort in establishing the groundwork to support this is trivial and the end result is what amounts to a verified means to display your e-peen. I can't feel good about this when there are skills, items and other portions of the game that need work and have needed work for years from the forum threads I find that probably overall require individually far less work than this system, but remain buried because they do not draw in the kind of publicity that streams playing SSF do.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
At last GGG admitted SOLO is the only way to play this game.

If need to be SOLO Better to be some insane ALL mods SOLO found then SOLO regular crap.
Last edited by Coolmer on Jan 23, 2017, 5:08:54 PM
Awesome! Best news ever.
"
You know, props to you GGG for supporting a distinctive play style that is genuinely hard and radically changes the pace of the game. This should go a long way to quell all those people whining that the game is too easy for them, now all you have to say to them is "If its easy, go play SSF!". I want to emphacise that I am impressed with this move, but I genuinely can't feel good about it. The simple reason being that I can't imagine that the actual effort in establishing the groundwork to support this is trivial and the end result is what amounts to a verified means to display your e-peen. I can't feel good about this when there are skills, items and other portions of the game that need work and have needed work for years from the forum threads I find that probably overall require individually far less work than this system, but remain buried because they do not draw in the kind of publicity that streams playing SSF do.

This is a byproduct of XBone port because they needed a single player mode for console the work is already done, 2.6.0 is a month from now, in game development terms that means it's being tested and polished right now.
"

There is very little work to be done. Did you do any races? SSF league is just ssf race ruleset. You are solo and got no one to trade with. It is already in the game code. If you played races, you'd know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info