Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

(~ '.')~ PARTY!
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
"
We do not want new players to choose SSF unless they know what they're doing. Despite the addition of this mode, Path of Exile is still designed and intended to be multiplayer with partying and trading

Still, why only still ??

so we could acutally endup like d3, with no trading at all, unless u been in party u can trade with only.
well aslong it's optional its nice i guess o_O?

i will never understand gamer who play a MMORPG and ask for SSF, but that's just me and trading is the reason why i play PoE instead of DIII.
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Very excited about this! Thanks for looking into ways to make it work!
Until Breach League I played SSF not for a challenge or bragging rights, but because I found trading in this game to be intimidating. Once I started using premium stash tabs and poe.trade, the game became a new experience. I was able to make currency to make builds that require certain uniques that I would never had the opportunity to do before. This is the most fun I have ever had. The downside was that I would just buy all the gear my character needed which would make me feel I was done. Then I would start a new character with all his gear ready for him. While watching streamers I noticed they would make a tabs to associate with SSF. I personally can see pros/cons for both types of play. I am curious how many people play SSF because of the challenge or more as an excuse for not wanting to use a third party program to setup non premium stash tabs. I can see some of the entertainers coming up with the easiest builds to SSF that allow you to do end game content. This should be fun.

I would add that even though this is the most fun I have had playing path of exile. Making currency via poe.trade and then gearing out my current character. It takes a lot of time away from actually killing things. I have to use a loot filter so I don't miss potential drops that someone else has figured out what has value. Then I found that most of those items usually don't have value. Most things that sell for me are 4 links white based items for an alch. I also sold most gems for an alch if they were not leveled up or my trade macro didn't tell me they were of more value. Flasks also sold pretty well for alchs. It was raining alchs, but the problem became I was constantly interrupted from my play to go and trade these things. I could go on and on about how my trading progressed with more understanding but I will try and get to my point. This became so annoying that I am at the point now I won't sell anything worth less then .5 chaos. I increased the value of things just to slow down the amount of trades I did. I removed tabs of semi worthless items like gems from poe.trade all together. The real reason I even had currency anyways was that I had 5 exalts drop for me. That bought my gear. Real game currency doesn't seem to be made without lots of luck on yellow items or the very end game uniques, cards, essence, maps etc. Now that I have played poe.trade salesmen for the first time, In the future I don't think I would bother to sell anything. Just grind to end game, up my efficient play time for chances of currency drops and then when I had the money to purchase items I need for my build to be more effective. Once my build can handle the parts of the game that actually drop things of value, then start selling high chaos items. I lost way too much time with the low currency value items and it seemed more like a service then a reward. When I need something of low value, like a unique that just has a high drop rate, I almost feel bad now to bother someone for the item because I know it becomes annoying. Sorry you stopped what you were doing for scraps that you would have made in less time then you took to come to your hideout, dig thru all your tabs to find the item, etc. I would like to add that roughly half the people that post items don't respond or are AFK. I know I am AFK a lot more then I intend.

Tldr; (point) You should play this game SSF until high levels anyway.

Question: With a console version coming, will there be an in game auction house with a mail box to collect your currency?

This is a nice feature for those that play SSF for the right reasons. I would assume that streamers will feel value from it. A ladder to climb adds some purpose. The question about the auction house was more a curiosity. I have no complaints about this game. It's pretty amazing game.
Last edited by Veynom on Jan 23, 2017, 11:07:12 AM
"
KillerKrug wrote:
well aslong it's optional its nice i guess o_O?

i will never understand gamer who play a MMORPG and ask for SSF, but that's just me and trading is the reason why i play PoE instead of DIII.

That's not a MMORPG.
Wait, you guys are adding Single player mode?

The Self found in "Solo Self Found" to me is far more about playing within self found loot constraints and adapting your build to the gear you FIND, the "Solo" part of it is just tacked on by other people because they have similar desires for self found loot. Self found is about making finding cool items so much more rewarding than buying the best gear is, you're actually USING things you find because you must.. Somewhere along the line this got conflated with single player mode.

IMO these are TWO separate concepts "Self found" and "solo only" and frankly do not need to be combined so strictly. Solo only is really single player, and single player is already "Self found" by it's nature. So every player who is into Single player mode is served by conflating the two. HOWEVER, anyone who's into Self found but likes group play is NOT served by this. IMO This group of players is probably FAR larger than the single player subset. If you think about it D&D party play is the entire impetus for the Genre of Rogue-like ARPG's that spawned from it. Diablo 1 was essentially a Self found group play game, that also had "SSF" it was single player mode.

"SO" should be called "off line single player mode" give it a ladder and a chat if you want.

"SF" should allow partying and would have FAR wider appeal than this Single player with chat mode you guys are talking about doing.

For those who say it's about the challenge... have you played this game truely Self found? There's MORE than enough challenge just with being self found. No need to muck it up with insisting it be Single player.

When you're NEVER going to have a Shav's or skyforths drop and can NEVER buy 100 exalts worth of GG gear, GG 4 mod jewels, lvl 21 gems, lvl 4 empower etc.. The game is incredibly difficult even in mid tier maps. In fact it's pretty damn hard just running an off meta build EVEN BUYING GREAT GEAR.

IMO they need an offline mode for the "solo only" crowd and turn SSF into what it;'s supposed to be: Self found.

Edit to add (because not long enough lel): So I predict SSF league mode is a byproduct of giving Xbone port a "single player" mode. But lets call it what it is please: single player. That way we can start talking about a true D&D party play multiplayer "Self found" league. Until we stop calling Single player SSF this traditional APRG mode is being confounded by people who want single player.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jan 23, 2017, 11:04:57 AM
This is a very welcome addition. Kudos GGG! I look forward to participating in this format.

Big thank you to the community members who have been running SSF events and ladders and trying to get this out there as a more formal way of playing the game.
I've often contemplated playing in an SSF league if one were ever implemented. However at this time I cannot put in enough hours into POE to play this league. Not unless I could transfer my current account into it. But as I have not been playing 100% SSF (I found most of my gear, but I have traded in the past beyond giving things away) I think this might be the wrong thing for me (Yes, I'm at least somewhat honourable, I only claim mostly SSF, not full SSF). I'm not entirely sure it would be right for pre-existing accounts either because it is going from an honour system to fully enforced.

Bottom line is while I like the idea, I don't think I can currently participate for the same reason I don't generally play the leagues. I don't put in enough time AND I like my current setup. Although I do for the most part play SSF.
"
Matohota wrote:
Your proposal is a strong start.
I've been waiting for this league style for quite awhile. I'm one of the few(?) who have never traded or grouped. When I login, I want to play, not chase someone around on trade chat or deal with PUGs, etc. Until the trade system becomes fully integrated into the game I will continue depending on RNG to find good/great loot.

Thanks again for setting this up!

Just what i was thinkin +1
Fidelis ad mortem!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info