Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

i'm in

atleast one char, obviously 1st, np gl ggg
=*v*=
ironman mode go
As a newbie that just started to play POE in Dec 2016, I have a mixed feeling about SSF:

1. I started playing my first character as a "SSF" until I hit the wall and couldn't progress my character (level 50ish?). I could literally not found new gears to improve my character even though I was leveling. Eventually, my character couldn't stand up against monsters that I had to trade for better gear. In this case, trading was a good thing.

2. After reading more and more about meta builds, it's kind of unbelievable and insane what kind of DPS these builds do! And at the same time, it's also something that SSF would never be able to do...which is good? However, i wouldn't be surprised if 90% of players can't beat Malachai in Merciless in SSF :D.
"
Ab0veBey0nd wrote:
As a newbie that just started to play POE in Dec 2016, I have a mixed feeling about SSF:

1. I started playing my first character as a "SSF" until I hit the wall and couldn't progress my character (level 50ish?). I could literally not found new gears to improve my character even though I was leveling. Eventually, my character couldn't stand up against monsters that I had to trade for better gear. In this case, trading was a good thing.

2. After reading more and more about meta builds, it's kind of unbelievable and insane what kind of DPS these builds do! And at the same time, it's also something that SSF would never be able to do...which is good? However, i wouldn't be surprised if 90% of players can't beat Malachai in Merciless in SSF :D.

Believe me, if you know how to play the game, normal Atziri is a joke in Solo Self Found for certain builds like traps / totems etc.

If, however, your build relies on specific items / you need a good dps weapon, then you're screwed until you drop a good one.

Spell casters / spell totems / trap builds do no rely on weapons for damage, so they don't really have problems playing self found :)

----------

On topic, this is the greatest news I've heard in a loooong time. Makes me feel all the more better for buying the Breach supporter pack just a few hours before this announcement :)

* I don't understand why the chat system would be a problem? I want to play SSF but chat with people on my friend list, so you can allow whispers / guild chat :)

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
There is only one thing that must be done: Vendor recipe for Divine and Exalted Orb. Maybe regal to divine, and divine to exalted on healthy exchange rates.
I did not think about this feature but when iI red this, I felt in love instantly.
I will play SSF for sure.
Quite an adventure it shall be!
Thank you for all you do to this game and the community!
GGG, now why not just lock those SFF leagues so that we can't leave them and thereby giving us a way to play offline?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
mozarus wrote:
There is only one thing that must be done: Vendor recipe for Divine and Exalted Orb. Maybe regal to divine, and divine to exalted on healthy exchange rates.

You mean a NEW vendor recipe for divines; the one we have now is 6link = 1 divine.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
single player mode for xbox I see

fix chayula splinter challenge
"
alhazred70 wrote:

When you're NEVER going to have a Shav's or skyforths drop and can NEVER buy 100 exalts worth of GG gear, GG 4 mod jewels, lvl 21 gems, lvl 4 empower etc.. The game is incredibly difficult even in mid tier maps. In fact it's pretty damn hard just running an off meta build EVEN BUYING GREAT GEAR.

I found a Shavs, chanced a Skyforth, corrupted several level 21 gems, including a level 4 empower. Made a good 5-6 6 links (takes about 2 weeks to bench craft a 6L with vorici). All self found. This is not an unrealistic expectation. It all depends on how long you play more than anything else. If you're looking for an even better example, you should try looking up TheAnuhart. He has elevated being SSF into an artform.
"
alhazred70 wrote:

IMO they need an offline mode for the "solo only" crowd and turn SSF into what it;'s supposed to be: Self found.

They won't give us an offline mode and a ladder. An offline mode will allow for serious cheating which kind of goes against the spirit of ocmpetitive play. I'd love to play offline, but you're not going to get both.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info