[2.6] LL Ele Wander Raider ~ Insane clear speed/Shaper/Guardians - 225k Barrage tooltip

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
beetz wrote:
what would be the best wand for a ci version?
since im not running anger wouldnt it be best to get more flat ele dmg on a wand?
like my current wand for example:

or would a t1 flat lightning + t1 spell damage still be better?

T1 spell + T1 light is more dps but not by a huge margin. The wand you have now is basically as good as it gets.

thanks for the fast answer =)
"
beetz wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
beetz wrote:
what would be the best wand for a ci version?
since im not running anger wouldnt it be best to get more flat ele dmg on a wand?
like my current wand for example:

or would a t1 flat lightning + t1 spell damage still be better?

T1 spell + T1 light is more dps but not by a huge margin. The wand you have now is basically as good as it gets.

thanks for the fast answer =)

For reference, the ideal wand you asked about would be the following:

"

spell/flat/flat
Imbued Wand
Quality: 20
Implicits: 1
37% increased Spell Damage
-
79% increased Spell Damage
Adds 61-106 fire damage
Adds 13-166 lightning damage
13% increased Attack Speed
38% increased Critical Strike Chance
+38% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier

It would have the baseline dps of 2.28 million
Foe bite 280 exalt wand = 2.02 million
Your wand = 1.968 million

The template I used took tempest blast. Without it, foe bite would lose by a severe margin.

The reason crown builds are great is because you can get a cheapo crafted wand for a few exalts and it will outperform a 280 exalt mirror wand.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 30, 2017, 12:21:09 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Stratic wrote:

Is this good enough to craft by the way? I tought I could craft 'prefixes cannot be changed' on it, which is a suffix. The item already has 3 suffixes, so is it even possible to do that? IF that works Im scouring the 3 suffixes off and craft all the good stuff on it.

3 suffix wands are vendor trash because you can not lock prefixes, scour the bad suffixes then multimod ias and cc.

Huh? What do you mean you can not lock prefixes? Isn't that what Haku's 'prefixes cannot be changed' mod does?

Thats what I meant, lock the prefixes, scrape the suffixes and then craft ele damage + AS + crit chance on it.

What am I not getting here?

Thanks for responding so fast, by the way.
"
Stratic wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Stratic wrote:

Is this good enough to craft by the way? I tought I could craft 'prefixes cannot be changed' on it, which is a suffix. The item already has 3 suffixes, so is it even possible to do that? IF that works Im scouring the 3 suffixes off and craft all the good stuff on it.

3 suffix wands are vendor trash because you can not lock prefixes, scour the bad suffixes then multimod ias and cc.

Huh? What do you mean you can not lock prefixes? Isn't that what Haku's 'prefixes cannot be changed' mod does?

Thats what I meant, lock the prefixes, scrape the suffixes and then craft ele damage + AS + crit chance on it.

Prefixes can not be changed is a suffix...... so you can not put it on a 3 suffix wand.
It does not matter if a wand has 3 perfect prefixes if it has 3 bad suffixes because the IAS and CC is so crucial to your damage.
"
Stratic wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Stratic wrote:

Prefixes can not be changed is a suffix...... so you can not put it on a 3 suffix wand.
It does not matter if a wand has 3 perfect prefixes if it has 3 bad suffixes because the IAS and CC is so crucial to your damage.

Ah okay, that was what I was trying to find out. Thanks for explaining. But then what is the best way to obtain a wand? Spam essences on white wands, or just trying to alt regal it? Could you tell me what stats I'm trying to aim for?
Last edited by Stratic on Mar 30, 2017, 12:45:17 PM
Hello there,

Just a tip to some of you guys trying to get a wand. A chaos orbs are growing on trees currently, consider buyin shrieking essence of wrath and craft your own, took me about 25 essences and landed with this.

Also got a question: Is it possible to throw an Empower into our shield without having Skyfourths? Or would we need to get extra reserve nodes in templar area for that?

Cheers
You want a wand with 2 T1 prefixes (spell,WED,fire,cold,light), a free prefix and at one free suffix. You're better off shopping for wand than rolling for me.
So it doesnt even matter if it is not lightning damage? I tought I saw a discussion about that earlier, because theres a couple of lightning nodes in the skill tree.
It's been a long time since I've played wander, but is scaling flat ele damage like this better than scaling converted ele damage (HoA, hatred) by scaling phys with a phys wand?
Miss my old buddies, but life be life sometimes.
"
braddaman wrote:
It's been a long time since I've played wander, but is scaling flat ele damage like this better than scaling converted ele damage (HoA, hatred) by scaling phys with a phys wand?

This is a loaded question.

There will never be a time where hatred will be better than wrath or usable due to mana costs.
HoA adds only a tiny amount of damage and the ignite effect is inferior to HoI's shatter. What is GOOD about physical wands is taste of hate, tempest blast and the ability to leech physical attack damage.

For a crown build - a wand with spell/flatwill outperform even the best physical wand.
For a non-crown build - a physical wand can potentially outperform a spell/flat wand.

Keeping in mind a good physical wand is beyond expensive. There is really no contest unless you have 800 exalts to blow. At the current meta, there is no reason to spend money on an overpriced physical wand.

"
So it doesnt even matter if it is not lightning damage? I tought I saw a discussion about that earlier, because theres a couple of lightning nodes in the skill tree.

It would be ideal to have lightning damage but if you found a T1 spell, T1 fire damage, open prefix wand that can be crafted, I see no reason to not craft this. Exceptions would be if you used lightning penetration gem.
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 30, 2017, 12:57:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info