It's Not Your Money

"
eragon1111 wrote:
Chain reaction leading to "forced poe complete switch to console" has already started.

A lot pf supporters felt betrayed by lack of transparency from GGG side. If they in 2014 said they started working on console port, a lot of people would back of but many would give GGG a chance.

Now after they HID such a huge info which would give a lot to think about to either support the game or not -> poe has no other option than to keep dwelling into console pile of shit.

Why ?

Because people feel betrayed and wont support anymore. At least not me and many people i met ingame are doing the same.
With less and less cash comming from supporters GiGiGi will be searching all the sources available to keep the game and jobs alive. And this one is pretty dangerous gray zone. Many companies like EA or Ubisoft went this way. They still make a bank but are pretty much HATED in the industry of gaming bygamers.

Hate and love are two sides of same coin. You just need ro pick now by who you want to be loved and by who hated?

- d2 old veterans who founded this game
Or
- 12yr old mommy credit card warriors

Pure elitism and entitlement. Have it your way anyway, it's your right, same as ggg has right to develop in any way they deem worth trying.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
eragon1111 wrote:

A lot pf supporters felt betrayed by lack of transparency from GGG side. If they in 2014 said they started working on console port, a lot of people would back of but many would give GGG a chance.

"
Nssheepster wrote:

F) Everything that was promised? What promise? They never MENTIONED this Console port. This is why people are upset. We were led to believe that we were supporting a PC game...And we were not.

Path-of-Exile-on-Consoles-Being-Considered
"
Grinding Gear Games is "definitely thinking about" a console port of the free-to-play hit Path of Exile.

March 1, 2014
to mention that you think about something is a very other to do it without ever speak about it again.

next try is yours strawman
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
"
kobrakhan wrote:
to mention that you think about something is a very other to do it without ever speak about it again.

next try is yours strawman

except they did speak about it again (last week) once it was certain to happen.
come on, they worked on it at least for a year. do people something like that in the case they dont know what to do with the results? i help you: they know for sure that they do it a least for the time they hired people extra for it.

edit: sometimes it helps to use other peoples words: its certain to happen since they hired a extra team, not since last week. i promised you too much for your next try, my fail, sry.
Last edited by kobrakhan on Jan 22, 2017, 11:18:19 AM
"
kobrakhan wrote:
come on, they worked on it at least for a year. do people something like that in the case they dont know what to do with the results? i help you: they know for sure that they do it a least for the time they hired people extra for it.

so?
If they had said they are working on it and it hadn't worked out, many players would have been disappointed (because they said they will do it and now they can't). This way, telling after it is certain, is much wiser.

"
kobrakhan wrote:

edit: sometimes it helps to use other peoples words: its certain to happen since they hired a extra team, not since last week. i promised you too much for your next try, my fail, sry.

no it isn't certain to happen. there are many things that could go wrong
Last edited by almostdead on Jan 22, 2017, 11:21:48 AM
"
almostdead wrote:
"
kobrakhan wrote:

so?
If they had said they are working on it and it hadn't worked out, many players would have been disappointed (because they said they will do it and now they can't). This way, telling after it is certain, is much wiser.

"
kobrakhan wrote:

no it isn't certain to happen. there are many things that could go wrong

you mean they hired a bunch of people in the vague hope those could do it or maybe not?
The problem here is the pc version got up and running financially with support money from the pc players.

The xbox version got up and running financially with support money unknowingly, from the pc players.

How many rpg console games are free to play? I have no idea of the answer somebody else may do.

My guess is none, and if that is that case I would assume its because the model dosnt work.

The only reason it may work in this scenario is because they got finance for it under false pretences and it wasn't from the target audience of the game.

Whether or not it turns out to be a success and even a benefit for pc poe in the long run is neither here nor there.

Last edited by plodd on Jan 22, 2017, 8:10:37 PM
"
almostdead wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:

"
Nssheepster wrote:

F) Everything that was promised? What promise? They never MENTIONED this Console port. This is why people are upset. We were led to believe that we were supporting a PC game...And we were not.

Path-of-Exile-on-Consoles-Being-Considered
"
Grinding Gear Games is "definitely thinking about" a console port of the free-to-play hit Path of Exile.

March 1, 2014

"Consider" and "started development" are like 2 fuken miles away from each other.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
The logic OP brings to the debate is solid...

(Facepalm)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info