It's Not Your Money

"
Necromael wrote:

So tell me how this console version affects pc game with a totally different developer team?

Tell me would you ask money back if your favourite food restaurant made a side business of selling toys?

You paid for what you got.

Console is not the same pc game, that is why it will have its own supporters from console market, what is the problem with that?

Everything that was promised, we got it in timely manner. I don't understand this entitlement, same way as I don't understand people in mental institutions.

A) It's not a totally different developer team.
B) It's ALREADY affected the PC game, GGG has said so.
C) I'm not asking for my money back
D) I didn't "pay" for anything. I supported a game that I wanted to continue to improve...And they took that money to make a new game, on a different system.
E) Console has to be paid for in advance of GOING to market...They didn't GET any support from that market for what they already did. What's your excuse for the deceit they've already committed?

F) Everything that was promised? What promise? They never MENTIONED this Console port. This is why people are upset. We were led to believe that we were supporting a PC game...And we were not.

If you spend your money supporting a charity, and the administrator takes your money to go buy a hooker...Are you okay with that? You supported something you valued...And instead, ending up supporting something you don't value, something you'd never have chosen to support. Would you really not be upset by that?

- Sheepster
Yes I'm ok, cause I would never support a charity because I know that is what majority of them actually do. Better to help directly to someone who needs it, than use proxies. I don't value charities, they are bandages for an infested wound, we need reorganization of values/society politics with concrete solutions that prevent need for it, but with intrinsically bad beings that are human, that ideal world will never come to be.

Yes, it affected game in a positive way. It would be better if we didn't have dx11 or performance improvements, surely.

What was promised? Regular content updates and leagues with constant improvements, did we get that? Yes we did. I have yet to see console port do anything bad for this game. Pc game continues its life like nothing happened, yet people make an elephant out of it.

While we didn't know about it, everything was fine. It got announced and it is 2 years in making? All hell breaks loose. If they didn't reveal it, everything would be the same. So we have the opportunity to actually see how vocal minority of players are actually hypocrites who complain about it, while continuing to play the game and spend money on it.

The console port was mentioned as part of future plans in 2014... Nobody cared back then.

Deceit? Deceit would be saying one thing while doing other things. I see that they upheld their part while even managing to make a console port without pc version suffering at all. Except finishing trade improvements, what part of game they did not improve that was promised?

Can't wait enough for 3.0.0 when everyone will suddenly praise the game and forget about consoles.

Spreading salt since 2006
"
Nssheepster wrote:
It was your money though. You donated because you were told one thing, and now you find it's another entirely. It's not our money anymore, nor do we have any say in where it goes...But we SHOULD have had a say in donating that money, an HONEST say.

It's not fucking charity. It's a video game you buy microtrasactions for with the bonus of "supporting" the developers. This idea that you somehow are buying shareholder rights into the direction of the game is utterly deluded.
"
ladish wrote:

It's not fucking charity. It's a video game you buy microtrasactions for with the bonus of "supporting" the developers. This idea that you somehow are buying shareholder rights into the direction of the game is utterly deluded.

Well put. I agree 100%.

I have A LOT of worries about the things we WON'T see because of the fact that an Xbox controller has been a part of the equation for two years. I'll admit that gladly. But to use my money spent as a reason to voice my concerns, is entitled - at best.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I think too, that my spend Money for MTX Stuff are not "my Money" anymore and GGG can do with it, what the Compnay want. I am not angry about this, BUT...

... in the Future i dont spend Money anymore to support GGG, because i dont like the Way PoE goes and i dont like Multiplattform. Thats my right as a Consumer.
"
Nssheepster wrote:

D) I didn't "pay" for anything. I supported a game that I wanted to continue to improve...And they took that money to make a new game, on a different system.

So you would have given all of that money without receiving anything back?

"
Nssheepster wrote:

If you spend your money supporting a charity, and the administrator takes your money to go buy a hooker...Are you okay with that? You supported something you valued...And instead, ending up supporting something you don't value, something you'd never have chosen to support. Would you really not be upset by that?

Not a good analogy at all. Even ignoring the charity part of it in your example money is being purposely misused even though it was obviously meant to be spent for the charity. What the administrator did would probably be illegal and definitely immoral. This isn't at all like a video game company making a port of the same damn game you are playing.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jan 22, 2017, 8:03:55 AM
sure, some people went fully degenerated with the info about the xbox edit but also some of the justifications are only strawman arguments.

i play on a laptop and are very happy with the tech-improve over the last year but to know that its only a by–product of what they are realy working on gives a bad feeling to it.
i mean, what could be done in the same time if improvments to the tech would the main goal to the process?

why not a second kikstarter for the console edit? why no manifesto with the start of the work?
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last edited by kobrakhan on Jan 22, 2017, 8:32:50 AM
"
kobrakhan wrote:

why not a second kikstarter for the console edit?

There was a first one?
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
kobrakhan wrote:

why not a second kikstarter for the console edit?

There was a first one?

aww, no, messed up my memory, the other poe did (pillars of eternity).
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last edited by kobrakhan on Jan 22, 2017, 8:53:43 AM
Chain reaction leading to "forced poe complete switch to console" has already started.

A lot pf supporters felt betrayed by lack of transparency from GGG side. If they in 2014 said they started working on console port, a lot of people would back of but many would give GGG a chance.

Now after they HID such a huge info which would give a lot to think about to either support the game or not -> poe has no other option than to keep dwelling into console pile of shit.

Why ?

Because people feel betrayed and wont support anymore. At least not me and many people i met ingame are doing the same.
With less and less cash comming from supporters GiGiGi will be searching all the sources available to keep the game and jobs alive. And this one is pretty dangerous gray zone. Many companies like EA or Ubisoft went this way. They still make a bank but are pretty much HATED in the industry of gaming bygamers.

Hate and love are two sides of same coin. You just need ro pick now by who you want to be loved and by who hated?

- d2 old veterans who founded this game
Or
- 12yr old mommy credit card warriors
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info