It's Not Your Money

"
ladish wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
It was your money though. You donated because you were told one thing, and now you find it's another entirely. It's not our money anymore, nor do we have any say in where it goes...But we SHOULD have had a say in donating that money, an HONEST say.

It's not fucking charity. It's a video game you buy microtrasactions for with the bonus of "supporting" the developers. This idea that you somehow are buying shareholder rights into the direction of the game is utterly deluded.

I didn't say a thing about buying shareholder rights. I am specifically, REPEATEDLY, saying that I do not have the right, nor the desire, for a refund, or to tell GGG what to do with their money. I DO have the right and reason to be upset about their deceit though. And yes...If you gave money to support the game, and didn't do it to buy anything...Then yeah, the charity analogy works fine.

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:

D) I didn't "pay" for anything. I supported a game that I wanted to continue to improve...And they took that money to make a new game, on a different system.

So you would have given all of that money without receiving anything back?

"
Nssheepster wrote:

If you spend your money supporting a charity, and the administrator takes your money to go buy a hooker...Are you okay with that? You supported something you valued...And instead, ending up supporting something you don't value, something you'd never have chosen to support. Would you really not be upset by that?

Not a good analogy at all. Even ignoring the charity part of it in your example money is being purposely misused even though it was obviously meant to be spent for the charity. What the administrator did would probably be illegal and definitely immoral. This isn't at all like a video game company making a port of the same damn game you are playing.

Yes, yes I would have. Not that I mind getting the shiny MTX and tabs, but I really would have.

Yes, it's a good analogy...Because see, GGG was asking for support for "The Game"...a PC game. We weren't asked if we wanted to support a different game, on a console, that is already showing differences to the game we ACTUALLY supported. What they have done is VERY clearly immoral. They've voluntarily deceived supporters for years now. Deception isn't immoral in your world?

- Sheepster
"
plodd wrote:

Whether or not it turns out to be a success and even a benefit for pc poe in the long run is neither here nor there.

Why? Because it would be inconvenient for your argument?

The fact of the matter is, that GGG did not sinisterly cook up this plan of the xbox port to screw over PC gamers and deprive them of their dev resources. They do it to get more revenue for GGG.

And sure, its all speculation. But so is the "we have been betrayed!!!!" crowd. The "We been screwed over!" "Already suffered!" "Deceived!" "Woe is me, console port!" yadda yadda people.
All pulled out of their ass.

If i see a buiseness ledger from GGG where something like "30% dev resources realocated to xbone port." then sure, people could get a little bit outraged. But fact of the matter is, that there is something like a limit to how many devs can actively work on something. Just throwing more devs at it is a complete waste of manpower.

If you have that kind of manpower, you should throw it at something that has potential to yield more revenue in the future ie. a console port.

"
Nssheepster wrote:

I didn't say a thing about buying shareholder rights. I am specifically, REPEATEDLY, saying that I do not have the right, nor the desire, for a refund, or to tell GGG what to do with their money. I DO have the right and reason to be upset about their deceit though. And yes...If you gave money to support the game, and didn't do it to buy anything...Then yeah, the charity analogy works fine.

It doesnt. GGG doesnt support a donation system. You always get something back, short of buying points and not spending them. And that is not a donation.

The correct analogy here, would be you storming into a bank, throwing 200 bucks on the floor and screaming on top of your lungs :"I donated money to this institute, but i dont like the direction this company is expanding at all!"

Its silly.

"
Nssheepster wrote:
Yes, yes I would have. Not that I mind getting the shiny MTX and tabs, but I really would have.

Yes, it's a good analogy...Because see, GGG was asking for support for "The Game"...a PC game. We weren't asked if we wanted to support a different game, on a console, that is already showing differences to the game we ACTUALLY supported. What they have done is VERY clearly immoral. They've voluntarily deceived supporters for years now. Deception isn't immoral in your world?

I am pretty certain that what they write when you purchase a supporter pack, is "Thank you for your generous support." Not "thank you for supporting the pc exclusive version of PoE".

"
Cataca wrote:
"
plodd wrote:

Whether or not it turns out to be a success and even a benefit for pc poe in the long run is neither here nor there.

Why? Because it would be inconvenient for your argument?

ve version of PoE".

Simply because the end can never justify the means.

Otherwise its ok for me to go and mug old ladies to start up a business to help handicapped kids, as one example.

"
Cataca wrote:
...then sure, people could get a little bit outraged.

How do you get a "little bit outraged"? I'm seeing that scene in my head of a red-headed gamer shouting "Scam!", then neatly sitting down saying "in my humble opinion." :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Jan 23, 2017, 2:38:26 PM
When you spend money on an apple, the apple is yours. you're not in control of the farmers who pick the apples. You can't tell them to start picking apples that are only slightly yellow.

With PoE you spend money to get MTX's, you're not a stock holder in their company you bought a fucking product.

Either play the game and stop acting like an investor or actually invest in the company and become someone with room to talk.
"
Thegzagenius wrote:
When you spend money on an apple, the apple is yours. you're not in control of the farmers who pick the apples. You can't tell them to start picking apples that are only slightly yellow.

Yea but when you buy what you thought was an apple, because that's what you've been lead to believe, but in fact its an apple/pear hybrid, dissatisfaction with the product can be the result.
"
plodd wrote:
"
Thegzagenius wrote:

Yea but when you buy what you thought was an apple, because that's what you've been lead to believe, but in fact its an apple/pear hybrid, dissatisfaction with the product can be the result.

You
bought
an
MTX
not a stake in PoE or its game-play.
Last edited by Thegzagenius on Jan 23, 2017, 3:07:40 PM
Every time I spent money in GGG's shop, I spent it to get MTX. I didnt spend it to get any say in what GGG should do with _their_ game. There is nothing in a supporter pack telling you that you will have any say in what will happen to the game. I got exactly what I paid for every time I spent money in GGG's shop. None of us have any idea what GGG will do with their game at any point, not even they know what next year will bring. They might have an idea of some things they want to do, but anything can happen. You should be more wary of what you spend money on if you regret spending money in GGG's shop the next time you are tempted to spend money in someones shop.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
Thegzagenius wrote:
"
plodd wrote:
"
Thegzagenius wrote:

You
bought
an
MTX
not a stake in PoE or its game-play.

I thought we were talking about apples, my mistake.
"
CrazylikE wrote:
Every time I spent money in GGG's shop, I spent it to get MTX. I didnt spend it to get any say in what GGG should do with _their_ game. There is nothing in a supporter pack telling you that you will have any say in what will happen to the game. I got exactly what I paid for every time I spent money in GGG's shop. None of us have any idea what GGG will do with their game at any point, not even they know what next year will bring. They might have an idea of some things they want to do, but anything can happen. You should be more wary of what you spend money on if you regret spending money in GGG's shop the next time you are tempted to spend money in someones shop.

This guy gets it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info