Celebrating 5 years of PoE with no Mirror drop

Oh yeah, 5 years. I guess I passed that a while back.
I didn't want that stinking mirror anyway.
The ultimate troll who happened to one of my guildmate :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_6zgeSRPaA
"
fatality_slim wrote:

I'm sure my Hypothetical Lost Mirror DID drop from a barrel, behind some prison grate that was randomly popped by my tornado shot. And it lay there, waiting.

And I ran on, with my speakers muted, to hurry and grab some Alch orb.

damn, this is bumming me out now.

Reason i know this is completely possible is because one time pre loot filter days when i was playing my TS Ranger i ran back through the map ONLY because i happen to remember zana was near the start and saved her for last and just happen to see an Exalt on the ground backtracking to her. Had she not been in that map i would have never see it or picked it up. So the idea this could have happen multiple times to me with Exalts as well as a Mirror is not completely out of mind.

4 Years for me and ive lost track of Exalts that have dropped seeing as how i normally have multiple drop each league. I think Warbands i went the entire league without a drop but that was the only one. Had things like Kaom's Heart and Other assorted T1 drops but still the only Shavs ive ever owned was the one i bought in Prophecy i believe it was. Still would like to see one actually drop. Still never seen a Soul Taker or Void Battery either.
Other than that and Headhunter ive got about everything in the game in Standard now with the exception of a couple of new league specific drops that are not all that great. Most league drops that are really nice or build enabling or interesting ive made a point to get somehow if not drop then buy.

To me Mirrors are something i could totally see someone playing for years and years never see.
Even if i ever did get lucky enough to see one drop i would only have two options...
1) keep it forever as a trophy that one dropped for me or..
2) sell it off for Exalts to buy all kinds of shit in standard..
Actually using a mirror would end up costing me so much currency for the fee that i dont think i could see myself paying the fee and giving the mirror just for an item that i can only use in standard and that would simply trivialize the game no matter what build i put it on. I would find more reward from crafting an item no where near as good and still being able to do all the content with it instead.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jan 23, 2017, 5:36:19 AM
more than 5 years play,

dropped last Saturday in a T15 no-generation map, I just wanted to pass by :)
"
Sidad wrote:
Who cares about mirror? Most people wouldn't know what to do with it anyhow. And comparing to before RNG is actually much, much better right now. 99% of gear/currency/6 link is not super hard to craft or get through gameplay. I only wish they didn't nerf exp rate and game would be pretty much near perfect for me.

I'm one of those peeps who has no idea what I'd do with one (except selling it ofc). Someone care to explain this mirror phenomenon? I understand the mechanics - create a copy of an item - but in a temp league how many mirror worthy items are crafted/dropped? And how do people charge for creating/selling a mirrored item?
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
GreyHawkRoy wrote:
I'm celebrating 5 years with no exalted drop...

How the hell is this possible?

Not that unbelievable. It took 3 Years for me to get my first Divine to drop, had multiple exalts drop in that time. I never saw a single Eternal Orb the entire time that orb was available either.
Last edited by Megatyrant on Jan 23, 2017, 3:13:39 PM
Yeah, I wonder if I will ever find a Mirror on the ground. 2011 - 2017, still nothing! Too far in though, cant stop now! It shall drop some time.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
Omga4000 wrote:
Why have you forsaken me RNG? Have I not proven to be worthy?
Shall I provide you with a sacrifice? Here, take my daughter!
*Haya haya haya haaaaa*

On a more serious note though..
Hooray! Almost 5 years of PoE... Best game ever :)

This is probably a great time to start crying about it.
"
narg62 wrote:

This is probably a great time to start crying about it.

Just wanted to drop by to praise this comment. Good job, sir!:)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
IceDeal wrote:
The ultimate troll who happened to one of my guildmate :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_6zgeSRPaA

Curly_Femboy, Level 95 Seismic/Exsang Saboteur (Scourge SC)
TakeCareOfMeDaddy, Level 97 Seismic/Exsang Saboteur (Expedition SC)
Bat_boy, Level 94 Wild Strike Assassin (Standard)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info