[2.6] Trickster | CoC Malice Discharge | HC viable | 8-10k+ ES | 90K+ DPS | Budget Version Inc

I'd be very interested in a leveling guide. I assume, given enough wealth, you can start running CoC discharge in the 35-40 range?
"
ProfP wrote:
I'd be very interested in a leveling guide. I assume, given enough wealth, you can start running CoC discharge in the 35-40 range?

Added a small and easy to follow guide.
I don't bother using discharge until I can use Cospiri's Malice coz coc gem only can discharge twice/second.
Thanks! I assumed you went Cospri's/CI/Discharge all at once at 68 so it's really helpful knowing what comes before the switch.
Would you recommend this as a starter for legacy? also is there any alternative for Voll's Dev(3-4ex) since accumulating the currency for it might take quite some time in a new league.(this is if we also buy cospris for its price 1 ex)
"
SkyBlade90000 wrote:
Would you recommend this as a starter for legacy? also is there any alternative for Voll's Dev(3-4ex) since accumulating the currency for it might take quite some time in a new league.(this is if we also buy cospris for its price 1 ex)

No I would not recommend Cospiri's Discharge as a starter build at all, you need the 3 base unique items to make this build work in a sense or at least feel satisfactory. But....

Since the build kicks in at ~Lvl 70, you would be using alternate skills to level up anyway.

You can use a coc gem on discharge with a Vagan dagger till you can meet the stats & farm enough to get the required gear.

But with this setup you will be stuck with lake/lower tier maps, coz the setup although good enough for map packs but it would be a horrible boss killer.
Last edited by vvamic on Mar 2, 2017, 11:18:29 AM
Is the passive tree the same for both Assassin and Trickster? Thanks for the great guide btw.
why do you keep your shield charge and fortify lvl 1?
"
SpoopyGhost wrote:
Is the passive tree the same for both Assassin and Trickster? Thanks for the great guide btw.

The tree remains essentially the same for any ascendancy aiming for a discharge build.
There are some minor difference's just to fulfill whatever the ascendancy lacks. e.g You need to take extra ES nodes on an Assassin which won't be necessary on a Trickster, Similarly you may need to take the some extra crit chance node's for Trickster which won't be necessary for Assassin. But the base skeleton remains the same.

"
xSirk wrote:
why do you keep your shield charge and fortify lvl 1?

I don't level skill gems like SC, Fortify, Cyclone coz all the benefits I need from them are fulfilled at Lvl 1 alone. Leveling them any higher would be pointless for us as they wouldn't give any extra benefit to our build at all.

So I don't level them to keep their stat requirement at minimum. Since we are using Trickster even if you level them up it won't matter as long as you can meet their stat requirements
I like going assassin over trickster for vaal cyclone it's really good in breaches.

Trickster probably is the safer version for hardcore if your just power lvling.

I don't like your build having controlled destruction in your discharge links.
I'm thinking having Conc all the time in 2.6 or even just lightning Pen gem results better.

I guess I'll add the reason I don't like controlled destruction as trickster.

With discharge crit builds you need the discharge to crit to do good damage.
Adding CD to your links it reduced your crit chance on discharge by a good amount.
You basically lose 7% crit chance upfront but even more when you consider diamond flask.

The ideal thing I would do in your builds case is use a lvled empower.
Then you could swap it out for leech gem as needed.

Really lightning pen isn't that great I'll admit but as trickster I would almost rather run
no gem at all then use controlled destruction in my cospri link.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Mar 3, 2017, 3:45:22 AM
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
I like going assassin over trickster for vaal cyclone it's really good in breaches.

Trickster probably is the safer version for hardcore if your just power lvling.

I don't like your build having controlled destruction in your discharge links.
I'm thinking having Conc all the time in 2.6 or even just lightning Pen gem results better.

I don't see what special feature Assassin offers that a Trickster is missing for Vaal cyclone, besides you don't need Vaal cyclone when your clear speed is already fast enough.

Trickster is not only safer but cheaper to gear, you can clear everything up to T16 without much hassle so it's not just power levelling.

CD is better than lightning penetration coz we just don't deal lightning damage but fire too. And you are forgetting that the main aim of this build is a fast currency farmer so using Conc all time would reduce our clear speed.

If you worry about damage and resistance penetration then I would say it's best to go Inquisitor.
Last edited by vvamic on Mar 3, 2017, 3:08:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info