An Early Look at the New Water System

can we have the same again but with reflect rare mobs or the ele aoe left by dead bearers?
"
Water looks nice but GGG's priorities are pretty strange.

arent they though? i mean lets look at some things real quick. mind you this is from my perspective being an outside observer as anyone else. soo... who knows what they are really thinking.

anyway.. in no particular order.

GGG develops game with DX9 support only
--no big deal right? that kind of thing 'could' be changed later as many games often tack on support for mac (opengl) later to give themselves more users and make their game cross platform.

GGG gives us DX11 support
--right so this is another step up that some games have made (larger ones anyway like Blizzard titles for example) where they use to run on DX9 exclusively and then they gave an option for DX11.
--strange though no OpenGL still? no Vulkan?

GGG goes Xbox
--my thoughts on this? its because they went full DX proprietary mode in their programming of the game. you see if they had actually picked up that OGL they could have picked up PS4. which lets be honest here, PS4 > Xbox.
--also, im not saying it would happen...but the nintendo products are OGL too. just saying.

Water and Cloth
--new physics is good and im sure they have separate people that work on that sort of thing that dont work on other stuff. however, i still have to point out the above. dev time, funds, and other resources 'could' have been used in making real cross platform progress and fixing known ingame problems.

Now to update the character models to have more than 300 triangles of polygons. Oh wait, then the game wouldn't run on the Xbone.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Absolutely beautiful work. I'm always cheering for you guys when I see improvements, new things, new leagues, etc... I appreciate that constant hard work you all put in to make this game better by inches and miles alike.
sick
Nice!

GGG i want more bobs! Please give (. Y .) to Ranger and Witch! Scion still looks preaty good :D
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
Love the frothiness, a lot of ocean water in games has no froth and it ruins it. Very cool
Looks awesome, there is no denying it. But lets be honest, with most builds who the hell even has the time to notice the water while farming. Especially shield charge or coc ones.. Game moves so fast, or people try to stay alive so textures are never noticed if you are not in town.. and are nowhere as important as performance and not screen-freezing anytime a pack explodes from HoI or a chest opens.
This is, at least for most of the community a speed farm game and I think performance wins over graphics anytime and anyday..
You should pay more attention to the community's needs and wants, like ingame-trading systems, and some performance issues although I can understand the fact that you are developers and care about the best possible outcome, graphics wise.
If we want graphics though, there is always Skyrim and Witcher. And billions of others.

Good job though, as always.
Stay awhile... and listen.
Impressive.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
WOW! The water looks Goddamn Incredible! Great job!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info