Put in an auction house with buyout

"
starsg wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:
An Auction House wouldn't work because then people will be using real money to buy items.

Look what happened with D3

agreed.

but i kinda wondering if rares&unique items were scripted to be able to change hands once/twice only, what will happened then?

Then this game, wich is a market based ARPG will cease to exist.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
An Auction House wouldn't work because then people will be using real money to buy items.

So you are telling me that right now, people are not using real money to buy items? You are right, they use real money to buy currency that is then changed into the items.
"
TriniGamer wrote:

That has been an issue since the beginning of PoE. Again, it is an old argument that doesn´t hold up anymore.

I am not in favor of an auction house, but I think the arguments have to change. You cannot argue against an AH from an economic or socializing pov anymore, the current system already falsifies those arguments. You have to argue from a philosophical point and with a perspective of design.

regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on Jan 23, 2018, 1:54:54 AM
"
Azdrubel wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:

That has been an issue since the beginning of PoE. Again, it is an old argument that doesn´t hold up anymore.

I am not in favor of an auction house, but I think the arguments have to change. You cannot argue against an AH from an economic or socializing pov anymore, the current system already falsifies those arguments. You have to argue from a philosophical point and with a perspective of design.

regards

I don't see why both wouldn't be still applicable. You gotta understand that your personal opinion and experience is not anyone elses. I have good chats while trading occasionally. And it will definately affect the economy if you implement an AH. I mean you are surely not arguing that trading without any barriers is gonna be exact to trading with the current barriers.
"
Miská wrote:

...You gotta understand that your personal opinion and experience is not anyone elses. I have good chats while trading occasionally.

and to quote you back at yourself, with all due respect, the self same identical thing can be said from the opposite side of the fence. Your personal experience is certainly NOT mine. I have NEVER had a good chat with anyone trading. Any attempts at which are normally simply ignored by the other person.

I would agree that implementing an AH would change the economy, people would no longer be able to list things with zero intent to actually sell them. So we would start seeing REAL prices. Also, if you went to click buy on a listing, you would be guaranteed to buy it.

Terrible, eh? (well, only for the time wasters)
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
I'm all for AH. Low value items will actually be viable to sell and you will be able to buy them on the spot, you wouldn't have to wait days for someone with an item you need, you wouldn't need to be online to sell your items, no people putting items with no intention to sell it, no "fixed" prices that jump up and down every second, no jumping in some aus hideout with horrific latency and mtx that drops your fps to 5, less price fixing, scamming, flipping currency due to market being more alive and stronger(many people just don't want to deal with that uncomfortable mess and not participate unless it's necessary), etc. And you think that there aren't buy\sell bots now? I'm sure that, at least, for currency there are some.
Last edited by Toralian on Jan 23, 2018, 11:24:23 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:

You can buy exa with real money, you can buy t1 uniques with real money, you can buy legacy items and race rewards with real money on standard. What will change?
"
Toralian wrote:
I'm all for AH. Low value items will actually be viable to sell and you will be able to buy them on the spot, you wouldn't have to wait days for someone with an item you need, you wouldn't need to be online to sell your items, no people putting items with no intention to sell it, no "fixed" prices that jump up and down every second, no jumping in some aus hideout with horrific latency and mtx that drops your fps to 5, less price fixing, scamming, flipping currency due to market being more alive and stronger(many people just don't want to deal with that uncomfortable mess and not participate unless it's necessary), etc. And you think that there aren't buy\sell bots now? I'm sure that, at least, for currency there are some.

It is a rare occurence when I see so many men with straws!

Also 1 alch items will become 1 wisdom, big change!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

...You gotta understand that your personal opinion and experience is not anyone elses. I have good chats while trading occasionally.

and to quote you back at yourself, with all due respect, the self same identical thing can be said from the opposite side of the fence. Your personal experience is certainly NOT mine. I have NEVER had a good chat with anyone trading. Any attempts at which are normally simply ignored by the other person.

I would agree that implementing an AH would change the economy, people would no longer be able to list things with zero intent to actually sell them. So we would start seeing REAL prices. Also, if you went to click buy on a listing, you would be guaranteed to buy it.

Terrible, eh? (well, only for the time wasters)

My statements was clearly my opinion. Yours wasn't. So no, you can't say the same thing back unfortunately.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The whole "player interaction" thing was based on a quote from GGG back in the day. It's not about interaction. It's about some form of "cost" being associated with trade. They should have been more honest, or at least understood their deeper motivation at the time they said it.

The new manifesto clarifies this and should be adopted as canon.

"Easy trade" is trade where you can go to an interface, what ever you want to call it, and get an item for your currency.

This game can't have that... or it will cease to be a game. The prime motivator of play is to find better items. If you can just get that from an interface, you might as well give us character editors and let us make what ever items we want.

You say "Trade is already easy". It's not. There's a ton of people who don't put up with the current system. It's those people who are keeping trade working, by not flooding the system with their items. Make trade easy and you'd see.

It would've worked if farming items was a viable option for finding gear, but it's not. In 2 leagues I found 0 rares worth more than 10 chaos aka everything was trash and I had multiple 90+ characters in each with 50+ exa worth of gear/curr. Trading is still required to gear yourself and still required to upgrade your gear. Because no ammount of hours will drop you needed uniques/rares for your build and crafting is out of reach for almost anyone, considering how much currency it requires you to waste for anything decent and you still have to trade to gather that currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info