Put in an auction house with buyout

I really dont understand the "reach end game too fast" argument. I mean you can already trade and get to end game, its just annoying af to actually get a trade on a lot of items.
The argument that holds weight is this:

If items had a value in a currency and you could trade easily for them there would be zero reason to store items... only currency. When you need an item, you could buy it. When you were through with it you could sell it back.

That means only the people running the market would ever need buy stash tabs and GGG would go belly up.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

If items had a value in a currency and you could trade easily for them there would be zero reason to store items... only currency. When you need an item, you could buy it. When you were through with it you could sell it back.

That means only the people running the market would ever need buy stash tabs and GGG would go belly up.

We can already trade, so...
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Your argument isn't very well thought through.

A value in currency dosn't mean a fixed value like a scientific constant. You forgot to take into account price fluctuations.
"
Skeena wrote:
I really dont understand the "reach end game too fast" argument. I mean you can already trade and get to end game, its just annoying af to actually get a trade on a lot of items.

Don't even try to understand the parrots , they just repeat the same thing because they don't know anything else .
NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. NO REASON FOR THESE THREADS. WILL.....NEVER......HAPPEN....PERIOD. :)

**Want one too, yup. Agree with you, yup. Original statement stands. :)
Last edited by 99Pitbull99 on Jan 20, 2018, 2:50:04 AM
I don't think trade is difficult at all in this game. Almost every item is a few ctrl+v away from being obtainable in seconds. The way prices are distributed in this game is that everything bar GG rares, 6l/good roll vaal'd uniques are basically worthless on the market.

I thought ARPGs where about drops. But in PoE its more like just farming currency first until you get required gear then farming until you can buy/craft GG gear. Can't remember the last time I was excited for a drop tbh. I guess the overall point I'm getting at here is that every piece of gear is already very easy to come across in trade if you have the currency, so the "AH makes it easier to trade" argument is moot. It's already as easy as it could get, but with the side effect of huge price fixing where people don't sell for the price they list.
"
wiggin wrote:
PRetty much every modern multiplayer game was ruined by having auction house like that, why do you wanna ruin PoE as well?

Yes, WoW and EvE Online both packed up pretty quickly didn't they?
With respect to the poster. this must be the king of silly unfounded statements...

Our current system does absolutely nothing to encourage interaction between players. Going to/from someone's hideout and speaking one copy/pasted sentence is NOT interaction. I've had more in depth conversations with my local ATM machine...

All the current system does is encourage artificial price fixing, by enabling people to list multiple identical items for sale at prices that they never intend to actually sell at. An auction house would prevent this, because those items deliberately underpriced would be bought up.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
"
wiggin wrote:
PRetty much every modern multiplayer game was ruined by having auction house like that, why do you wanna ruin PoE as well?

With respect to the poster. this must be the king of silly unfounded statements...

Our current system does absolutely nothing to encourage interaction between players. Going to/from someone's hideout and speaking one copy/pasted sentence is NOT interaction. I've had more in depth conversations with my local ATM machine...

All the current system does is encourage artificial price fixing, by enabling people to list multiple identical items for sale at prices that they never intend to actually sell at. An auction house would prevent this, because those items deliberately underpriced would be bought up.

SO TRUE
"
MrSidious wrote:
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
"
wiggin wrote:

SO TRUE

So true with no real experience at all

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Fun thing about price fixing is that there is nothing wrong with it and an auction house will make it even easier.
I've been a market player since I started playing online games and I reached max gold in World of Warcraft when I was 13( 10 years ago) by price fixing very specific crafting items.

I haven't price fixed in PoE because:
> I simply have faster ways to accumulate wealth.
> It's tedious and boring
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info