0.9.6 Patch Notes

"
davros70 wrote:
Not bad, takes the fun out of finding areas though it seems, a little less information perhaps, I know its all about helping the newer players, but seems just a bit too helpful to me.

Exactly what I thinked and have stated in the screenshot thread. Will see how it works and report again on my opinion.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
You know, I did have a lot of fun with this game when I first played it, but what's been disappointing to me is the passive skill tree and the skills / resource management.

What's wrong (design wise) with letting the player always have some ability to use (I'm not talking about frenzy / power charged abilities either).
Happy Days Abound.
So no improvements to the selling screen?

Personally this is what makes or breaks my further involvement with PoE.

"
Torin wrote:

All the user interface programming time since 0.9.5 has gone into getting the quest screen ready for this patch. Once that's ready (which it should be tomorrow), then we intend to look at the very necessary improvements to other UI elements such as the vendor screen. It's easy to hotfix those into small patches such as 0.9.6b or c.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Torin wrote:

All the user interface programming time since 0.9.5 has gone into getting the quest screen ready for this patch. Once that's ready (which it should be tomorrow), then we intend to look at the very necessary improvements to other UI elements such as the vendor screen. It's easy to hotfix those into small patches such as 0.9.6b or c.

Sweet, will have plenty of time this week to test things out - shortened a finger last night (about 3mm off end) so ended up getting the week off work =\ gotta love doctors throwing the ACC card at you =\ not really impressed about that tbh!
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
Thank you for making a skill planner, this will be a huge help for the community.

Also, I love the look of the map, it's amazing how such a little addition can make the world more immersive. Suddenly Wraeclast is somewhere. :-)
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Epicurwin wrote:
I'd say an ad hominem is more childish than someone asking the person that hold the burden of proof to provide evidence for their claims.
Good thing my response wasn't ad hominem! My comment about not knowing the game has nothing to do with him seeming childish. My statement about my having nothing to prove also has nothing to do with him seeming childish. There was no argument made where my insult would imply that his statement was fallacious simply because he acts in a childish manner. I merely insulted him amongst other statements. I didn't say 'you act like a child therefore you're obviously wrong.' It's clearly not ad hominem. An insult does not automatically make an ad hominem attack.

Reacting incredulously at the Dev's comments. 'I told you what was wrong, but you didn't fix it'(I paraphrased of course) and then acting even more incredulously at another commment.. and finsihing it off with an 'Oh yeah? Well prove it if you know so much' seems to me typical behavior of a teenager, or a 'young person' as I said before.

Now, your attempt at insulting me by improperly identifying a logical fallacy just isn't going to work. Perhaps you should try to assert your intellect elsewhere.

P.S. Just because I feel like being a little childish myself.. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/58385520.png/ - That's from Sareth's old build. Look closely.. I believe it says 49545.2 :P Told ya I've seen 20k+. I didn't say when though!! Mwahaha.

That screenshot is so hilarious, the build up time on the frenzy orbs means you'll be doing not even a quarter of that 'DPS', and where's the dual wielding? DW can't be viable? Physical damage can't be viable?

The best part though was where you ignored my entire first post to link me that screenshot.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
Last edited by Karakkonor on Feb 6, 2012, 5:25:32 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
Torin wrote:

I really hope you put this on the top of the priority list, people have been complaining about the basic UI of vendor screen from the moment you implemented it.

You said it is like that so you could put it into the game then and there and you would fix it next. I was really expecting fixes in this patch.

You only need 3 things to make this game worthy of Open beta:
1. Good enough vendor UI
2. Good enough player trading UI (and if possible the whole trading system)
3. Fixing/improving grouping mechanics

I have not gone into much detail as there are 10+ topics on each of these issues and I am sure you know all the complaints and suggestions.

These 3 things would improve the game 10x just by themselves. Balancing and new skills are additions but any game first needs basics fixed and made perfect.
These 3 things will make standard game for old AND NEW players more fun and easy.
Grouping by itself is a different play experience and many people that avoided it so far (like me) would play with a group. When you are in a group and it is fun (unlike now when it is just frustrating) most people don't care about balance and this skill or that skill.

"
Torin wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Torin wrote:

I really hope you put this on the top of the priority list, people have been complaining about the basic UI of vendor screen from the moment you implemented it.

You said it is like that so you could put it into the game then and there and you would fix it next. I was really expecting fixes in this patch.

You only need 3 things to make this game worthy of Open beta:
1. Good enough vendor UI
2. Good enough player trading UI (and if possible the whole trading system)
3. Fixing/improving grouping mechanics

I have not gone into much detail as there are 10+ topics on each of these issues and I am sure you know all the complaints and suggestions.

These 3 things would improve the game 10x just by themselves. Balancing and new skills are additions but any game first needs basics fixed and made perfect.
These 3 things will make standard game for old AND NEW players more fun and easy.
Grouping by itself is a different play experience and many people that avoided it so far (like me) would play with a group. When you are in a group and it is fun (unlike now when it is just frustrating) most people don't care about balance and this skill or that skill.

I definitely agree, and thankfully those systems have lots of improvement planned. The trading interface will not be super soon - our plans are ambitious and we want to do it properly.

It may seem strange for us to have prioritised the quest screen over obvious vendor-screen fixes, but we do have a plan!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Hi

nice patch, good work.

But i had a little hope, it comes a
"ligthning-singletarget-spell" for my new witch.
Do you plan something like that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info