0.9.6 Patch Notes

"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Still confused at why witches can run around with a screen long 17k dps spell with an insane chill/freeze while duelists have to make do with 8k at arm's length while being one of the most gear and mana intensive classes in the game right now.
Any class can go anywhere in the tree. How does that possibly make Deulists more gear and many intensive? I've seen Deulists with 20k+ damage. Don't blame the class just because you are having problems.

Prove it.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
"
Karakkonor wrote:
Still confused at why witches can run around with a screen long 17k dps spell with an insane chill/freeze while duelists have to make do with 8k at arm's length while being one of the most gear and mana intensive classes in the game right now.
"
Zaanus wrote:
What's the problem giving witches power charges in some manner that doesn't require using physical damage weapons?
Beta... Not final version. Give the devs more time; it's not like they can add everything that gets thought up in the very next patch.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Yeah well, its a great patch for sure

Nerfing minion instability is like saying "from now on,if you want your minions to do damage take all minion hp pasives", i agree on this , problem is: zombies with plenty of hp will surely explode with good damage but will also take a hell of a time to bu killed (due to high hp amount) ==> not viable at all (exept for noobies who like to be extra cautious) or to have some kind of meat wall (without any minion passive , so for all build)

Summoner's dps is the lowest of the game, i just hope that you guys have plans for us :) (begining with minion counter ;)
As you can guess my next build will be a caster with no minion passive at all, i'am dumping my summoner xD

Great work can't wait for it :)
Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy
I would be very interested in the possibility of Tempest Shield working with staff weapons as well (if it doesn't already). I am sure it is a balance/concept issue so I understand some objections, but the option it would give some payout on the the INT requirement on staves.
Last edited by Britannicus on Feb 5, 2012, 11:37:20 PM
Thanks. Particularly looking forward to trying out that Elemental Balance keystone :).

"
Added new keystone passive - Point Blank Archer: Ranged attacks deal up to 50% more damage to very close targets, but deal less damage to further away targets. Thanks to Malice for the inspiration.

...do point-blank shots still go off in weird directions? I don't see mention of it in the bug fix list.

"
RabidRabbit wrote:
...do point-blank shots still go off in weird directions? I don't see mention of it in the bug fix list.

They do, but that's not related to this passive.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Zaanus wrote:
What's the problem giving witches power charges in some manner that doesn't require using physical damage weapons?
One of the big advantages of most witches at the moment is they're much less dependent on gear for damage than other classes. They don't care at all about the base damage of their wands. This skill provides very easy access to power charges at the cost of making them actually have a reason to care about how much damage the wand is doing and consider picking up a couple of wand damage passives on their way through the tree.
The idea is that now the witches can still blast through mobs with spells, but they'll consider finishing them off with the wand when they're nearly dead, for the reward of power charges.

It also provides a boost, and another available attack, to actual wand-based builds, who didn't have many options.

This skill doesn't preclude making a spell that can grant power charges at some point, but that would need it's own opportunity cost, or not be as easy to get charges with as power syphon.
"
oldboy wrote:
Summoner's dps is the lowest of the game, i just hope that you guys have plans for us :) (begining with minion counter ;)
As you can guess my next build will be a caster with no minion passive at all, i'am dumping my summoner

Summoning, as a whole package, is in the pipeline for a rework. I see it, right there, on the whiteboard with a version number noted next to it.

Chris will be updating the Beta Manifesto soon, which should give some guidelines of what it upcoming.

"
Karakkonor wrote:
Prove it.
Haha, spoken like someone with the mentality of a.. young person. I would say child, but I don't want to be too insulting. You don't know the game well enough if you can't figure it out yourself. I don't need to prove anything to you, kiddo.
hmm, with the way power siphon works does that mean i have to use a wand to get it? (gonna be a drag for my conduit templar)

other than that, mint changes all round (good to see minion instability's been toned down a bit)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info