Private Indexers and Bots who can whisper for items are Myths.

Stop spam *Beep*
"
databeaver wrote:
I thought I'd do an experiment but it's taking a while to download all the stashes from the PoE API so I can get to the newest ones. I'll get back to you once my program gets up to speed and I can compare raw API access against poe.trade.

All right, my program finally caught up to the API so I did some science.

I noticed that items are not visible in the API instantly when put into a public stash tab. They do become visible within about two seconds of switching areas. At one point I also got my item to show up by closing and reopening the stash but I was unable to replicate that reliably.

Poe.trade's manual search displays the item approximately 45 seconds after it was visible in the API. I refreshed the search page every five seconds to check. When removing the item there was a 2.5 minute delay before it disappeared from poe.trade's search results.

I couldn't get the live search to work at all in websockets mode. Even after waiting for five minutes my item did not show up. I figured the other modes would be pointless since they're apparently equivalent to refreshing the search results page every 60 or 90 seconds, which is way too slow for this test.

I can conclude that private indexers most definitely are not a myth.
"
databeaver wrote:
"
databeaver wrote:
I thought I'd do an experiment but it's taking a while to download all the stashes from the PoE API so I can get to the newest ones. I'll get back to you once my program gets up to speed and I can compare raw API access against poe.trade.

I noticed that items are not visible in the API instantly when put into a public stash tab. They do become visible within about two seconds of switching areas. At one point I also got my item to show up by closing and reopening the stash but I was unable to replicate that reliably.

Poe.trade's manual search displays the item approximately 45 seconds after it was visible in the API. I refreshed the search page every five seconds to check. When removing the item there was a 2.5 minute delay before it disappeared from poe.trade's search results.

I couldn't get the live search to work at all in websockets mode. Even after waiting for five minutes my item did not show up. I figured the other modes would be pointless since they're apparently equivalent to refreshing the search results page every 60 or 90 seconds, which is way too slow for this test.

How much time it took to receive "Woop" from poe.trade again?

They are not a myth, but noob trap :P This person above sounds pretty convincing.

I tried similar experiment in Prophecie. After I updated shop in Aquisistion it took 1.5-2 seconds for me to receive "Woop".

Actually I can try replicate this one and check how fast flippers are gonna spam me :P
What "woop"? I didn't have audio alerts on but I doubt I would have heard anything because I never got any results for the live search. I don't know if it's incompatible with Chromium or just broken.
Last edited by databeaver on Jan 17, 2017, 6:57:05 AM
"
databeaver wrote:
"
databeaver wrote:

If websockets didn't work for you you didn't test the system properly, lol.

Like I said in the post 1 or 2 pages back, when you put items in your stash and price them while searching for them in live search, they show up within second (2-5 usually). You don't need to change zones or do anything else, and it's illogical to attribute that to having anything to do with showing up on poetrade (poetrade in an indexer and accesses the same api as indexers do, changing zones doesn't change anything for one and not the other).

So.. yeah. Test with a working browser would be a good idea before you decide it doesnt work, lol.

https://vid.me/p8II

The api is slow today, but that is certainly as fast or faster than you can change zones.
Last edited by Pathological on Jan 18, 2017, 8:26:55 PM
If it's just a myth; then, the amount of people who don't communicate (speak, answer, reply) when making a trade, must be my imagination. I used to think perhaps it's just a language barrier (or they are flat out rude), but today I'm not so sure about that. As for whether or not this can be a reality; anything cataloged by id (or string) can be managed in such a way for this to be possible.

~ sigh..
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." --George Carlin
Last edited by Hardmuscle on Jan 18, 2017, 9:04:35 PM
"
Hardmuscle wrote:
If it's just a myth; then, the amount of people who don't communicate (speak, answer, reply) when making a trade, must be my imagination. I used to think perhaps it's just a language barrier (or they are flat out rude), but today I'm not so sure about that. As for whether or not this can be a reality; anything cataloged by id (or string) can be managed in such a way for this to be possible.

~ sigh..

A lot of people don't say anything extra while trading just making deals quick. It's normal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info