Private Indexers and Bots who can whisper for items are Myths.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

So it's not that important to check whether you buy correct item? Not that important to know what to do if seller doesn't accept your offer in time, if seller forgot what item you wanted to buy and lost it in chat or if seller is "busy" or in million other situations human can easily solve? Not that important to know what to do if player isn't experienced enough to know about hideouts and waits for you in town.

It's at best much harder than you think, at worst impossible.

What scripting languages are you familiar enough with to feel confident making that kind of assessment? Also, why do you think that these things would have to work perfectly in all situations for people to consider using them?

Probably because algorythms that depend on many external factors or even require actual AI is much harder than copy-pasting machine.

Bot that can brainlessly click 2 areas on the screen? Hell yeah, give me two!

You probably won't even be able to make thing that picks exalted orb from your inventory in 20 minutes.

OK, so your answer is that you have no expertise and you are just assuming things based on nothing. Thanks for the clarification.
"
Pathological wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Pathological wrote:
[Removed by Support]

So it's not that important to check whether you buy correct item? Not that important to know what to do if seller doesn't accept your offer in time, if seller forgot what item you wanted to buy and lost it in chat or if seller is "busy" or in million other situations human can easily solve? Not that important to know what to do if player isn't experienced enough to know about hideouts and waits for you in town.

It's at best much harder than you think, at worst impossible.

[Removed by Support]

I see what are you talking about. Backing off now when it's time for you to prove this "20 minutes" statement. :?

Good luck using this script when 8/10 trades don't happen right off the bat.

Actually I am not interested in technical details (unless there is something decent like video of actual working bot) and wanted to talk about other things related to this Thread. But I am not sure about topic now as my experience with this drastically changed today in comparision to two previous days >_<
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Jan 15, 2017, 1:20:36 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I see what are you talking about.

Good luck using this script when 8/10 trades don't happen right off the bat and bot have no means to check whether item he buy correct.

Btw you said that you can create such bot in 20 mins. Where are your words now? :?

It's not about "how", it's about you telling mostly fairy tales you can't confirm with something anything anyhow.

I have no use for such a bot and even if I was to write one, I certainly wouldn't be posting it or proof of its use on the official ggg forums.

Sufficed to say, it took me ~1 minute to write a script to move an exalt to and from my inventory.

I have no need to prove anything to you, anybody with any remote understanding of programming or scripting knows for a fact that it can be done, because all of the elements required already exist and work. Saying that it doesn't work essentially proves that you have none of the basic elements of knowledge required to be part of the discussion you started.
Last edited by Pathological on Jan 15, 2017, 12:09:38 PM
"
Pathological wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I see what are you talking about.

Good luck using this script when 8/10 trades don't happen right off the bat and bot have no means to check whether item he buy correct.

Btw you said that you can create such bot in 20 mins. Where are your words now? :?

It's not about "how", it's about you telling mostly fairy tales you can't confirm with something anything anyhow.

I have no use for such a bot and even if I was to write one, I certainly wouldn't be posting it or proof of its use on the official ggg forums.

Sufficed to say, it took me ~1 minute to write a script to move an exalt to and from my inventory.

I have no need to prove anything to you, anybody with any remote understanding of programming or scripting knows for a fact that it can be done, because all of the elements required already exist and work. Saying that it doesn't work essentially proves that you have none of the basic elements of knowledge required to be part of the discussion you started.

"I did it, but I can't prove it, because...reasons!".

Now you are like 100% bull-shitter >_<

Bold statements (like 20 minutes for entire thing) aren't really convincing on their own.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jan 15, 2017, 12:26:31 PM
"

It would be exceptionally bad form to post _any_ sort of script that might help someone create a bot or cheat for the game on the forum in plain sight. I somewhat wish that I hadn't started posting in the thread at all, because I think we probably already overstepped.

/thread
Ok it's secret now :o
"
Pathological wrote:
"

It would be exceptionally bad form to post _any_ sort of script that might help someone create a bot or cheat for the game on the forum in plain sight. I somewhat wish that I hadn't started posting in the thread at all, because I think we probably already overstepped.

/thread

Thread was over when he couldn't provide any rationale for his assumptions. I'm not sure why you have been responding. The OP obviously is too ignorant about the topic to have any real discussion about it.
"
"
Pathological wrote:
"

/thread

Thread was over when he couldn't provide any rationale for his assumptions. I'm not sure why you have been responding. The OP obviously is too ignorant about the topic to have any real discussion about it.

Oh boy. Honestly I never even wanted to have discussion about technical issues and overall convinience.

I have some important secret up my sleeve.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jan 15, 2017, 1:03:44 PM
The auto-whisper exists. I've once put some unique on a 20% lower price and when I clicked on "update shop", 2 seconds later, 2 whispers at the same time wanted to buy it. I even told them "nice botting" and one of them replied ":)" after 20sec.
Well im no programmer but i can tell you this much.. You post certain items at a very cheap price but not too cheap and you can get this interesting result where sometimes 3-4+ people (Typically no less than 2-3) PM you about the item at exactly the same time. Followed of course by multiple others who will message soon after but not at the same exact time like the first PMs. Its also showed me how fast items get posted from the time you click to confirm the price to it hitting poe.trade. Which i around 5-30 seconds on most items most of the time. This can also been easily seen by searching your item specifically with its rolls and simply put alert on with instant refresh timer. In fact i actually got the alert at exactly the same time as multiple PMs last item i tried this with a Prophecy.

And when you do this multiple times testing it out and see not only the same results but the same people multiple times.. Kinda speaks for itself whats going on. But you dont have to take my word for it.. You have premium tabs go try it yourself. Have a little fun. Testing is always fun imo. You can learn alot of interesting things with some simple tests. Divination Cards are by far the easiest way to do this testing btw. Also certain items you search and see all those prices that dont quite add up and the people wont answer or are AFK.. Those work well too.. Really well. Even had one invite me with the guy who had the cheapest on poe.trade in his party.. Coincidence? Maybe..

Also wouldn't go as far as to say these are bots either but there's definitely scripts people use to help them get certain things they are looking for on the cheap most likely to flip for profit. IMO such scripts or automated programs to do things of this nature are not exactly out of possibility to do either. Nor would it be much of a challenge for someone who knows well what they are doing. And everyone has a computer right? Thats pretty much all you need.. Computer and the Knowhow.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jan 15, 2017, 1:22:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info