Private Indexers and Bots who can whisper for items are Myths.

Dude the API is wide open for accessing stash tabs. You don't even have to register your app with them. You can build whatever, it's all there, like happy reading: http://www.pathofexile.com/api/public-stash-tabs

Once you have access to the data, write whatever you want. Endless possibilities. All y'all are like people are posting fake prices or not selling or fake listings or low balling but that's not even the surface of it given how expansive the API is... small potatoes.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Teplokot wrote:
1. There are people fake listing Last Hope for 8c atm.

2. Make a live search for Last Hope =< 8c.

3. Put your Last Hope for 8c.

4. Check how many whispers you get before your own item pops up on poe.trade.

Can be done with pretty much any popular divination card from Brittle to Doctor.

There are private indexers which don't store any items except the exact ones the guy running it is looking for so he gets notified well before poe.trades database ques it up for the masses.

I don't think thats a bot anymore than poe.trade is bot. GGG allows the api stream to public at large.

I thought about setting private indexer up because I love deals and they are less likely than ever with others running them. But alas I'm too lazy. Work kid not my whole life etc.

Edit and protip for noobs: if you put an item up for sale and get a whisper within 1 min you're selling too cheap and the indexers grabbed hold of you. Pull and relist.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 15, 2017, 9:36:28 PM
(:
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Teplokot wrote:
1. There are people fake listing Last Hope for 8c atm.

2. Make a live search for Last Hope =< 8c.

3. Put your Last Hope for 8c.

4. Check how many whispers you get before your own item pops up on poe.trade.

Can be done with pretty much any popular divination card from Brittle to Doctor.

There are private indexers which don't store any items except the exact ones the guy running it is looking for so he gets notified well before poe.trades database ques it up for the masses.

I don't think thats a bot anymore than poe.trade is bot. GGG allows the api stream to public at large.

I thought about setting private indexer up because I love deals and they are less likely than ever with others running them. But alas I'm too lazy. Work kid not my whole life etc.

Edit and protip for noobs: if you put an item up for sale and get a whisper within 1 min you're selling too cheap and the indexers grabbed hold of you. Pull and relist.

Why do you think this makes it faster at finding new items? poe.trade pulls new items as often as the API allows it, and you cant filter new results until you have received them - the server doesn't do the filtering for you. It's all local (well, local to poe.trade or your indexer, rather than at GGG's end).

Go to poe trade. Search for a blank form. Watch new items pop at every refresh. This is done by querying all public stashes that have new index IDs since the previous JSON was pulled. Then, a filter is applied locally to show only items that match the settings of the form you filled in.

Let's fix the discussion here and stop talking about how "indexers are faster than poe.trade". Poe.trade is an indexer. They all pull the json files. poe.trade keeps a much larger database maintained, but new results are garnered very nearly as fast (within a window of miliseconds - at maximum, the refresh time of the poetrade live search, which is about a second, and certainly not 10-15 seconds later).

The API is the bottleneck, and for a good reason.
Last edited by Pathological on Jan 15, 2017, 10:42:22 PM
I know so. You can test it yourself. drop something high end in your 1c tab. But before you do setup instant search for that item with poe.trade. you will get whispers before it even appears on poe.trade from private indexers.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I know so. You can test it yourself. drop something high end in your 1c tab. But before you do setup instant search for that item with poe.trade. you will get whispers before it even appears on poe.trade from private indexers.
Sorry, but you havent tested it yourself, clearly.

Dapper prodigy, 5c min on BHC. List for 4c. Shows up on poe trade after 2 seconds of placing in tab. At ~5 seconds, receive 5 whispers.

Like, the first 3 sentances of the above are enough to prove that indexers other than poetrade aren't significantly faster. Live searching for an item you place in your own tab shows up within seconds on poetrade.
Last edited by Pathological on Jan 16, 2017, 1:14:34 AM
People using private indexers aren't going to care about a 5c dapper prodigy
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
I agree with Pathological and this is why. Throughout previous week I was able to snatch manually with "Woops" several totally GG items that I bought anywhere from 5 to 30c and ended up reselling them for at least 90+ Chaos later.

There is no other explanation for this than there is no auto-whisper bots and private indexers don't give significant advantages over "Woops", at least in BSC. I don't think people who use Private indexers are so dumb that they setup their notifications only for 1 chaos underpriced items or so that pop up once in a Blue Moon and yield basically no profit. This items I bought were not some obscure niche ones either - they were flat out universally great, but people who would use PE should know the Market very well anyways.

But for some reason, yesterday it was much harder to buy items. Probably because there is naturally more people playing at Sunday and competition is more tight. :P
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jan 16, 2017, 1:41:45 AM
"
Vhlad wrote:
People using private indexers aren't going to care about a 5c dapper prodigy

It doesn't matter.

Read it again.

Items that you list yourself show up on poetrade within 2-3 seconds. It doesn't matter how fast private indexers are - they aren't getting the API data significantly faster than 2-3 seconds, because most of the overhead is getting that data from the game to the json to the end-user.

You could list a wisdom scrap and it would prove the same thing.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I agree with Pathological and this is why. Throughout previous week I was able to snatch manually with "Woops" several totally GG items that I bought anywhere from 5 to 30c and ended up reselling them for at least 90+ Chaos later.

There is no other explanation for this than there is no auto-whisper bots and private indexers don't give significant advantages over "Woops", at least in BSC. I don't think people who use Private indexers are so dumb that they setup their notifications only for 1 chaos underpriced items or so that pop up once in a Blue Moon and yield basically no profit. This items I bought were not some obscure niche ones either - they were flat out universally great, but people who would use PE should know the Market very well anyways.

But for some reason, yesterday it was much harder to buy items. Probably because there is naturally more people playing at Sunday and competition is more tight. :P
Why are you still going on with this? Do you just think everyone is lying or something?

There are bots that purchase items in PoE. That is a fact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info