[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Yoynkk wrote:

I was under the impression Cyclone allows me to mana leech? I definitely run out of mana if I stupidly miss my cyclone on a pack, and cyclone off into nowheresville. However as long as there are packs I can cyclone indefinitely. It's most noticeabe in maps with long straight narrows, like Lookout bridges. Is that not mana leech, or is it another mechanic I don't fully understand?

I did run Tombfist for a while, but reaching T10-15 maps I needed to max out my res, and found it hard without a decent set of gloves. The armor is nice as well. I'm still leveling an enlighten in my off-hand, but I'll have to look into that!

Cyclone does allow you to mana leech but the damage dealt by cyclone in this build is pure fire. The leech only works if you deal physical damage. Thus, the mana leech on your gloves does nothing for you.

0.4% mana leech skill node (near Vitality Void) from the skill tree is sufficient for the build to sustain.

For cyclone, you will always want to have the mouse cursor near your character for better control of the skill. If you click on the other end of the screen, you will cyclone and run out of mana if there are no monsters to kill.

"
KallasAK wrote:
This was such a fun build this league.

I respec'd my berserker and included all abyssal uniques just to see if it was feasible.

Spoiler

Surprisingly, it was easy to max out all resists (without diamond skin) and even get halfway decent life at 5392 at lvl 91, pretty hard to do with all uniques. I was going to try out two-sockets, but those boot prices are obscene.

In addition to the 6 abyssal jewels in gear, I have 7 abyssal jewels in passive tree (at the cost of several 5% life nodes), so lightpoacher makes quite a show and the 22% increased life from chest doesn't feel so bad. It's pretty squishy, so definitely not HC viable. But a few exalts could buy you much better jewels than I am using.

It can do all t15s with ease, as well shaper guardians (except Chimera, but just because I'm slow and those damn snakes). I haven't and won't try shaper or uberatziri. Red elder and his guardians melt, so it's not a bad way to end league before we say goodbye to abyss sockets and jewels.

I would recommend you to run pure cyclone in Shroud of Lightless for T16+ maps. You should be able to handle them with greater ease. :)

Vs Chimera, you can take a look at FAQ for tips on how I handle Chimera map. It might help.

"
Drexl27 wrote:
I've recently spent quite a few ex orbs on upgrading my belt, boots, and rings, and I still don't know how to get up to over 100k dps in town. I've also dropped below 6k life in order to grab Primeval Force on the right side of the skill tree. Just looking at my gear and skill points, can anyone offer where I can best pick up more DPS while also getting back to 6k life? Would the best upgrades perhaps be to buy some lvl 20 max quality corrupted skill gems? Thanks.

Looking at your skill tree, You can drop By the Blade + Life and Amour (near Juggernaut) and pick up Herbalism near Primeval Force. It provides 20% life which will push your life pool over 6000.

"
Argus137 wrote:
Hello.

I want to introduce some magic finding items into my build, though all of my intelligence is coming out of the rings which I would most likely replace with Gamble gold rings. Any ideas how to mitigate the loss of int?

All of the posts I found usually offers intelligence out of rings, soo..

I currently have 120 int, 76int is coming out of my two rings. Soooo.. Any idea what to do?

My character is public on my profile.

You can pick up 30 int from skill tree (Ancestral Knowledge). That should help to ease some pain off struggling for more int.

"
Futschi wrote:
Just want to say thank you for the great guide and build ...

This is my second league in PoE and the third build I tried. And I must say that I enjoyed it the most so far.
Just killed shaper today with no probs only losing one portal to a miniboss #sadface

Think of playing it the next league again because it is such a solid build!

Glad you liked the build and congrats to your Shaper kill!

I feel your pain there. I hate dying to miniboss (especially after phase 2) when I eat the balls right in the face.

"
ToxicXfi wrote:
so just a general question for you guys that are high lvl with this build have you guys died? i know in std it doesn't make much difference just wanted to see, Kitava crushed me like a bug :)

Dying in softcore is inevitable (especially in red maps with crazy damage mods rolled on them) but if you know the mechanics well, you can cut it down significantly.

For softcore Kitava A5 fight, you will want to have around 1500 life with resistance capped. For A10 fight, you will want 3000 life with resistance capped.

Enfeeble + Blasphemy is a very huge toughness buff so I definitely recommend you to run that when you are leveling your character.
I only started playing late into the Harbinger league, so I really only got to maps and no end bosses before it ended. I ran a couple characters through the end of the story part, and I had a botched Cyclone build. So I made a character with this guide, but I didn't have time to get to end game before the league ended.

This was my 2nd character for this league. I was playing a witch until I found some good starter gear for the slayer.

This build is very fun, and you can easily get into maps without all the uniques and recommended gear(aside from Ngamahu,) just using what you find and then upgrading pieces as you need. So that means a big thanks to Kira, because the well laid out guide and explanation of what to prioritize on gear makes that possible for newbies such as myself. This guide doesn't just give you a template for this one character, it really helped me understand how a lot of the game's mechanics work. So it'll help in developing other characters/builds.

So again thanks for the great guide, and this applies to the other people who have added information throughout this thread!

Now that the hug-fest is out of the way, I am mapping now,and the way my toon is now I haven't really run into much it can't handle, though I haven't gone past tier 13 maps yet. I pounded white and yellow level elder, no challenge, even with not knowing the fight mechanics. Uber lab is pretty much trivial with this build. The hardest part is getting enough offerings to run it several times.
Normal Atziri is a cake walk. I took one run at Uber-Atziri but before I had Bronn and Xoph's, and my damage wasn't good enough to make it through yet, I haven't spawned a red Elder yet, nor Shaper. I'm not even sure how to get to Shaper, I guess you need to get to the center of the Atlas to get to his guardians and eventually to shaper himself?

I know I need to upgrade some slots, especially rings. My flasks aren't optimum, I'm just using stuff I found so I have to save more currency to buy upgrades. Also I have been slowly trying to corrupt my own elemental weakness Tombfists, but no such luck so far so I am using the best roll I have gotten so far. I don't get to play a lot, so I really don't have currency to buy them, or stuff like Watcher's Eye. But I think I still have some work to do if I am going to tackle some real end game.

So again thanks for the guide, and any advice on what I should focus on next would be appreciated.
Last edited by Mollycat on Feb 4, 2018, 12:00:09 PM
Hi, I'm enjoying the build and it's a quite smooth mapper. But I'm struggling with bosses like those based on Rigwald which are a pain... but that's no biggy.
I was trying minotaur for the first time (ever) killed a lich in the way without problem and then I faced the beast and was crushed like an ant T_T . I still miss some pieces of your build but damn!... that hurt.
Cheers.
Last edited by Nin_tu1977 on Feb 4, 2018, 4:29:38 PM
I just beat Shaper at lvl 87 with these items
Spoiler

I died 3 times but that's only because it's my first time doing Shaper so I didn't know his moves.
"
Mollycat wrote:
I only started playing late into the Harbinger league, so I really only got to maps and no end bosses before it ended. I ran a couple characters through the end of the story part, and I had a botched Cyclone build. So I made a character with this guide, but I didn't have time to get to end game before the league ended.

This was my 2nd character for this league. I was playing a witch until I found some good starter gear for the slayer.

This build is very fun, and you can easily get into maps without all the uniques and recommended gear(aside from Ngamahu,) just using what you find and then upgrading pieces as you need. So that means a big thanks to Kira, because the well laid out guide and explanation of what to prioritize on gear makes that possible for newbies such as myself. This guide doesn't just give you a template for this one character, it really helped me understand how a lot of the game's mechanics work. So it'll help in developing other characters/builds.

So again thanks for the great guide, and this applies to the other people who have added information throughout this thread!

Now that the hug-fest is out of the way, I am mapping now,and the way my toon is now I haven't really run into much it can't handle, though I haven't gone past tier 13 maps yet. I pounded white and yellow level elder, no challenge, even with not knowing the fight mechanics. Uber lab is pretty much trivial with this build. The hardest part is getting enough offerings to run it several times.
Normal Atziri is a cake walk. I took one run at Uber-Atziri but before I had Bronn and Xoph's, and my damage wasn't good enough to make it through yet, I haven't spawned a red Elder yet, nor Shaper. I'm not even sure how to get to Shaper, I guess you need to get to the center of the Atlas to get to his guardians and eventually to shaper himself?

I know I need to upgrade some slots, especially rings. My flasks aren't optimum, I'm just using stuff I found so I have to save more currency to buy upgrades. Also I have been slowly trying to corrupt my own elemental weakness Tombfists, but no such luck so far so I am using the best roll I have gotten so far. I don't get to play a lot, so I really don't have currency to buy them, or stuff like Watcher's Eye. But I think I still have some work to do if I am going to tackle some real end game.

So again thanks for the guide, and any advice on what I should focus on next would be appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your experience. :)

Looking at your character, I am not sure if some of the gears are ported from another character. You will want physical damage on your ring instead of chaos damage.

The same goes to your abyssal jewels. You will only want fire or flat physical damage on them. Any other elemental damage will only provide 50% of their total damage (50% gets converted by Avatar of Fire and the other 50% are lost).

Atziri's Promise don't benefit the build because you only deal fire damage. Witchbrew is not useful too because you are not scaling damage over time in the build. Check out the flasks section for recommended setup. You will do more damage following it.

For next upgrade, consider getting Watcher's Eye (gain extra fire damage when affected by Anger). When you do, check out FAQ section and look for a flowchart showing the proper aura to run.

"
Nin_tu1977 wrote:
Hi, I'm enjoying the build and it's a quite smooth mapper. But I'm struggling with bosses like those based on Rigwald which are a pain... but that's no biggy.
I was trying minotaur for the first time (ever) killed a lich in the way without problem and then I faced the beast and was crushed like an ant T_T . I still miss some pieces of your build but damn!... that hurt.
Cheers.

Fighting Rigwald:
"
- You can hide behind the pillar till he finish casting his barrage skill.
- Once he stop, there is a window for you to do damage on him.
- When he turn into wolf form, just run till he transform back to humanoid.
- Repeat above till he is dead.

Fighting Minotaur:
"
- Don't stay in the falling rocks (especially when there are more than 1 stack)
- Cyclone in circle around him and his melee attacks will miss
- When you are too far away from him, he will perform tunnel attack, move away from the path and you should be able to avoid it
- Repeat above till he is dead

"
Akuq wrote:
I just beat Shaper at lvl 87 with these items
Spoiler

I died 3 times but that's only because it's my first time doing Shaper so I didn't know his moves.

Congrats to kill Shaper! Especially at level 87 and using 1 x wrong flask (Atziri's Promise don't benefit the build ;).
@kira1414 You should put a note that you can defeat shaper with a 5 link chest. I killed shaper 4 times this league with a 5 link cyclone because my Bronn's won't 6 link after about 3k fusings :(
Hej i played this build this league and enjoyed it allot. But people kept say ngamahu should be played as a ranger. Is it much stronger as a ranger? I like the slayer ascendancy's tho
See next post.
Last edited by Ob_so_leete on Feb 6, 2018, 8:15:06 PM
I have an account created through steam. Did not see the option to log in through steam when first logging into the website. I actually went straight to create a new account, since I didn't even think of the possibility of logging through steam for the forums. Anyways, I'm posting through my actual account now. Here goes.

Hello, I'm a new player and going by google, your build is very good. Therefore I decided to go ahead and follow it, seeing as I had no idea what to do when I first started the game. I'm level 45 now and am so far, loving the build and the game. However, I have a few questions that I hope you can answer for me. I scanned through your guide multiple times, but some information at least to me, seems outdated or I can't find it. So anyways, these are the questions I have:

1) At level 55, you get Ngamahu's Flame. That's the first item I assume I should be getting. So what's next? What gear progression should I follow as I level? I know you sort of answered this question in the FAQ, however, that progression states that you get the Dying Sun, but in your guide, you state that the Dying Sun is obsolete in this patch. So yeah, what's the modified gear progression as opposed to the one posted?

2) Next question. This is probably because I'm new, but I'm getting confused with the multiple end game passive skill trees that you have posted. I'm currently following the leveling skill tree as I'm still under 50. However, once I go past 50, which skill tree should I aim for? I'm assuming that this would depend on gear progression, I think? As in, I probably will not be getting Xoph's Blood right of the bat, and so I would be aiming for the Avatar of Fire skill tree? I dunno.

3) You stated under required gears that one should aim for a certain gem setup on Ngamahu's flame if they're following a certain build and another gem setup if they're following the other build. This is where I get confused even more because, I only know of 3 builds that one should follow based on your leveling skill tree tab. That is, Xoph's Blood - More life or More Damage Primeval force or Without Xoph's Blood - Avatar of Fire in Skill tree. So, this is linked to the second question, but which skill tree should I follow?

4) Also, should I follow the gem set up for Ngamahu's Flame under the recommended gem set up tab, which would be 2B2G2R or is there some other gem setup depending on the build as stated above?

5) Uh, under recommended gears, you state that if one has Xoph's Blood, they should run a certain setup. So does this setup trump the suggestions under the recommended rares tab? Honestly, this question ties in with the first question. What gear should I aim for and under what conditions? What would the best gear be?

6) People say Stygian Vise (the Abyssal belt), is the best belt option. Is that true and if so, what sort of attributes should we aim for on that belt?

For now, those are all my questions. Sorry if any of these have been answered in some format within the guide but as a new player, I get confused easily as the whole concept of the game is still new for me. Also sorry for very big post and the many questions, trying to get my head around everything. I'd really appreciate it if you can answer my questions. Thank you!
Last edited by Obsoleete on Feb 6, 2018, 10:10:04 PM
Just want to say thank you for the guid, just killed Shaper today with this build.
I have few questions i want to ask tho :
1. Should i go full abyss jewel in my jewel slot (abyss + watcher's eye) or use other jewel. I kinda want to improve my hp right now, because i think my dps pretty good for now
2. Do you have any tips for clearing Vaal Temple? I tried it earlier, but when only 1 boss left, he hit really hurt (the melee one not the one that spinning)

Thank you
Last edited by xmonkeyking on Feb 7, 2018, 12:22:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info