[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Hello, this is my first character that has gone past yellow maps and done uber lab, for which I'd like to thank you.

However, I seem to have hit an impasse. I'm stuck at 5.5k hp, 76k dps vs shaper (per PoB) and I can get killed quite quickly by red map bosses (Lair for example and I've only tried one T16 so far, Hydra, where I've died once only), which doesn't bode well for Shaper, if I ever get there.

Right now, I still have 2 +10 int nodes from when I had the Avatar of Fire skill node because I just can't afford rings with elemental damage with attacks + dual resistance (mainly cold and lightning) + int + life.
It took me until lvl 89 to afford Xoph, which should be an indicator of how terrible my money making skills are. I only have 8 ex to my name.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

On a side note, there's something I quite don't understand with Cyclone : when I click once, the duration of my Cyclone can vary wildly, from maybe 0.5s to sometimes 2 or 3 full seconds, which can be annoying when I want to move in another direction or simply run...Any idea why? It doesn't seem to correlate to a lag spike or something like that.

"
Last edited by bipsylalapo on Jan 15, 2018, 3:56:06 AM
"
bipsylalapo wrote:
Hello, this is my first character that has gone past yellow maps and done uber lab, for which I'd like to thank you.

However, I seem to have hit an impasse. I'm stuck at 5.5k hp, 90k dps vs shaper (per PoB) and I can get killed quite quickly by red map bosses (Lair for example and I've only tried one T16 so far, Hydra, where I've died once only), which doesn't bode well for Shaper, if I ever get there.

Right now, I still have 2 +10 int nodes from when I had the Avatar of Fire skill node because I just can't afford rings with elemental damage with attacks + dual resistance (mainly cold and lightning) + int + life.
It took me until lvl 89 to afford Xoph, which should be an indicator of how terrible my money making skills are. I only have 8 ex to my name.

On a side note, there's something I quite don't understand with Cyclone : when I click once, the duration of my Cyclone can vary wildly, from maybe 0.5s to sometimes 2 or 3 full seconds, which can be annoying when I want to move in another direction or simply run...Any idea why? It doesn't seem to correlate to a lag spike or something like that.

"

your cyclone length is related to the distance you travel with it obviously, and cyclone tries to go exactly where your mouse pointer is, so naturally if you click at the end of the screen you'll roll for much longer as if you clicked at your feet

Tell me please, this build can close all the content, including the red Elder?
On the last league, I was able to close the whole game with this fine build, did it remain so or that changed?
"
Huelser wrote:
How do you guys exactly get the INT for all the Gems? I find it super hard to find a decent ring with this much INT (at this point I need over 50int from it) and good stats else.. Any Tips?

Also do you guys have uncapped ressistences when running the "The Wise Oak"?

"
kira1414 wrote:
The total amount of int that you want to aim for is 125 (to be able to use a level 13 Enfeeble gem).

Depending on the skill tree you used, you will need 70 int on gears for Xoph's Blood skill tree and 25 int for Avatar of Fire skill tree.

2 x 35 int rings will get you to meet the requirement.

You can also get int from rare boots, and jewels.

For Wise Oak, see my reply to @Saerah (above).

Hi, thank you for the answer, even though it only confuses me more..

In the Gem Setup is no mentioning of Enfeeble, expect for lvling, where do we use it?

What should my final GemSetup look like for the Endgame?

Im at a Point where I soon will replace Boots, Rings and Gloves, so I wanna get it right.

Thank you for your time, sorry this is my second Character ever so it's kinda hard for me to figure out how to spend my currency right.
Last edited by Huelser on Jan 15, 2018, 5:23:42 AM
"
Huelser wrote:
"
Huelser wrote:
How do you guys exactly get the INT for all the Gems? I find it super hard to find a decent ring with this much INT (at this point I need over 50int from it) and good stats else.. Any Tips?

Also do you guys have uncapped ressistences when running the "The Wise Oak"?

"
kira1414 wrote:
The total amount of int that you want to aim for is 125 (to be able to use a level 13 Enfeeble gem).

Depending on the skill tree you used, you will need 70 int on gears for Xoph's Blood skill tree and 25 int for Avatar of Fire skill tree.

2 x 35 int rings will get you to meet the requirement.

You can also get int from rare boots, and jewels.

For Wise Oak, see my reply to @Saerah (above).

Hi, thank you for the answer, even though it only confuses me more..

In the Gem Setup is no mentioning of Enfeeble, expect for lvling, where do we use it?

What should my final GemSetup look like for the Endgame?

Im at a Point where I soon will replace Boots, Rings and Gloves, so I wanna get it right.

Thank you for your time, sorry this is my second Character ever so it's kinda hard for me to figure out how to spend my currency right.

Enfeeble is better for surv. on maps and lvling...but i use HoTA and Anger.
Oh okey then. Thank you!

One more question, how big is the difference on reduced or increased charge on Dying Sun? Or should I just go straight for AOE?
"
Sl0whand wrote:
hi kira , great build having lots of fun with it, my cyclone DPS is about 100k. I am running Avatar of Fire skill tree + extra fire Watcher's . my issue is mana at the moment. i am running Blasphemy + Flammability + Herald of Ash + Anger. my anger is linked to Herald of Ash,immortal call and cast on damage taken. I saw that you posted to link all the auras. what should I link blood rage and enduring cry if i move all the auras together?

You can link Blood Rage + Enduring Cry with Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call. You basically just swap them around.

If you are having mana issue, you can consider linking Anger + Herald of Ash with Enlighten 3. You can drop Enduring Cry since you have CWDT + Immortal Call.

So setup will be:
"
Blasphemy + Flammability + CWDT + Immortal Call

"
Anger + Herald of Ash + Enlighten 3 + Blood Rage

"
Malanzh wrote:
Thank you! Completely forgot about impresence. Any Advice on how i can optimize my current setup or what i should upgrade next? Gear/stats shown below.

Spoiler

Pretty much better rolls on your rare gears.

Your next biggest damage boost will be to re-color Bronn to 3R2B1G but that can cost you a lot of chromatics so be warned.

Flask wise, you do not need 2 x life flasks. Just 1 with anti-bleed (handling trials and uber lab) will do.

Check out the flask section for recommended setup.

"
bipsylalapo wrote:

However, I seem to have hit an impasse. I'm stuck at 5.5k hp, 76k dps vs shaper (per PoB) and I can get killed quite quickly by red map bosses (Lair for example and I've only tried one T16 so far, Hydra, where I've died once only), which doesn't bode well for Shaper, if I ever get there.

Spoiler

Your flask is not following the guide so definitely take a look at the flask section.

When fighting end game bosses, you will need to swap Increased Area gem with Concentrated gem. This will greatly improve your damage. So check that out.

You can modify your skill tree to this: poeurl.com/bJ4l

This way you will have more int and more life and more damage (cos 10 more strength).

Looking at your jewels, they do not have any life rolled on them. You will definitely want to prioritize life over damage rolls. The build has enough damage for end game. The damage rolls on jewels are pretty much bonuses on top of what you already have.

Your Dragon Nail ring does not have any life roll so you can look into upgrading that in the future.

Rolling 3R2B1G on your Bronn will provide the next biggest damage boost for you. Just bear in mind that rolling 5 off colors on Bronn can cost a lot of chromatics.

In terms of farming currency, Uber lab runs will help greatly over there. Quality gems and helm enchants. For example, a +2 tornado shot projectiles on Starkonja can easily fetch you 15+ exalted.

On topic of Cyclone, as pointed out by @Apocz, you will want to have the mouse cursor near your character as you spin around. This way you have better control of Cyclone.

"
omua1978 wrote:

Tell me please, this build can close all the content, including the red Elder?
On the last league, I was able to close the whole game with this fine build, did it remain so or that changed?

Yes it can clear all content.

In fact, with new jewel (Watcher's Eye, check out recommended gears section) introduced in 3.1, the build is now stronger than it was in 3.0.

"
Huelser wrote:
Oh okey then. Thank you!

One more question, how big is the difference on reduced or increased charge on Dying Sun? Or should I just go straight for AOE?

You will want reduced charges used on Dying Sun. 10% reduced charges used is the best roll on this flask.
I made it to level 89 this weekend and just hit an absolute wall. This is the highest I've ever got a character, so I'm happy, but I really want that level 90 challenge.

I've only found 2 exalteds so far so I'm having a problem affording Xophs and a 6L Bronns Lithe.

I did finally find the last ascendancy trial and took my first shot ever at uber lab. Crushed it, along with Argus, on the first try. Maybe I will just do uber lab key runs to try and get currency to get the gear I need.

Thank you for your wonderful build, which gives you many hours of fun in the game. Thank you for not leaving the topic and helping with advice. Good luck and good loot :)
Hey, Im playing on standard and im wondering what would be the best steps for me if i wanted to upgrade my char? Im pretty sure i should go for better flasks now but what about the rest of my stuff? I dont even have all the gems and im being able to clear both normal atziri and uberlab with atleast 90% success ratio, but Id like to get even further

Edit. made my profile public
Last edited by Apocz on Jan 16, 2018, 2:07:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info