[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
zJoni wrote:
Guys I need some help Im using this build and Im on Act 8 and literally cannot get past Doedre I walk into the room try to attack and a just get one shotted. It is pissing me off to no end, could any of you guys take a quick look at my character to see if I fucked up something?

Hello my friend, if you got Elreon in your HO, you should craft life on Amulet / left ring. With Haku you can craft life on your gloves. I noticed that you took the 3 fire damage points (bottom left of the three) too early, you'll need them only with Ngamahu + avatar of fire, you should focus on life instead. Last thing I would advice is to farm till 55 (1 more level) and equip the N'gamahu if you got one.

and If you're still struggling try to find a party, it helps while leveling :)

gl mate
aRB
"
arandombiitch wrote:
"
zJoni wrote:
Guys I need some help Im using this build and Im on Act 8 and literally cannot get past Doedre I walk into the room try to attack and a just get one shotted. It is pissing me off to no end, could any of you guys take a quick look at my character to see if I fucked up something?

Hello my friend, if you got Elreon in your HO, you should craft life on Amulet / left ring. With Haku you can craft life on your gloves. I noticed that you took the 3 fire damage points (bottom left of the three) too early, you'll need them only with Ngamahu + avatar of fire, you should focus on life instead. Last thing I would advice is to farm till 55 (1 more level) and equip the N'gamahu if you got one.

and If you're still struggling try to find a party, it helps while leveling :)

gl mate
aRB

Alright Thanks for the help, I had no idea about crafting life on rings and gloves so thanks for that, and yeah probably shouldn't have taken the fire nodes.

"
kira1414 wrote:
Ans 1: Do you use cyclone to maneuver around the map? If you only use cyclone around mobs, you will not run out of mana.
No, i only use it around mobs. For moving i use leap slam. Bit it feels like i'm regenerating less than i use inside mobs. With a cyclone cost of 47mana thats 5cyclones i can do :3

"
kira1414 wrote:
Ans 2: For leveling, I recommend running Enfeeble curse instead of flammability. And it is true that some bosses are harder to manage so you can certainly avoid them if you want to gain some levels. :)
Thanks, will try that.
"
Vakturion wrote:
Looking at using this build pretty soon. I'm wondering how Primeval force goes, is it worth the cost in life? How much more damage do we see on bosses?

Thanks.

I don't believe Primeval Force is that worth anymore, i have Thick Skin so thats 2 points pathing to PF, i get a total of 2% dps per point, while Cleaving/Slaughter might have wasted stats, those give 2.1-2.6% per point
"
shokilicious wrote:
Thanks for answering all those questions kira1414!

I got 2 more.

1) As my gear progresses i get more and more mana shortage while using cyclone. Didn't had that problem earlier (Probably because of more attack speed?). Is this normal? Sometimes i run out of mana and just stand there :3

The more links(gems) you put with Cyclone the higher the mana cost is going to be for cyclone. I personally put 2 points into mana leech side(mana leech + spirit void) instead of the life leech side of that cluster and it generally works for me.

"
Vakturion wrote:
Looking at using this build pretty soon. I'm wondering how Primeval force goes, is it worth the cost in life? How much more damage do we see on bosses?

Thanks.

When Kira1414 first did the build he did it with Primeval Force, however at the time of the build the items it was built around were Carcass Jack or Belly of the Beast(both of which are still recommended to use). Now with Bronn's Lithe being used, you lose a lot of health and resistances, so the Primeval Force node cluster was taken out of the build in favor for more health from the huge rectangle health nodes section in Constitution node. A Bronn's build will usually run around 6k-6.5k health(it was harder to get it to 6k without putting in more resources into life nodes) depending on your rolls and jewels while a Belly build could get you to 7K or more in health. The Primeval Force tree build is still there right under the new current build.
Are the flasks portion of the guide updated? It seems like it is still geared toward reflect mobs. Any reason to run ruby potion regularly anymore?
Having some bad luck with chromes on my Bronn's chest. I did end up with 3R2B linked, 1G unlinked though, and I'm wondering if any build would use this/could I sell it for anything?

Vorici calculator gave me an estimated 400chromes to hit 3R2G1B or 2R2G2B but I put around 900 into it so far and haven't hit either :(

e: Oh dang never mind just noticed that my colours are listed in the OP as 'Provides the highest damage, hardest to roll on Bronn's Lithe'. Nice. Now just gotta 6L it :/
Last edited by Rocksteadee on Dec 16, 2017, 2:04:39 PM
So I dumped my cremation setup and went for Lightpoacher + Shroud of the Lightless. It's a ton of fun I gotta say; I think the lightpoacher by itself is a better mapping setup than cremation/volatile dead. Definitely sucks to lose Devoto's, but gotta try the league uniques and spice things up :).

Running GMP + ele focus with ancestral warchief in the helm to buff both the helm projectiles and warchief cause I'm link strapped.

I still do ultimately believe having tried out the various cremation setups and now this new Spirit Burst (Lightpoacher) setup that Bronn's + Devoto's is still ultimately the fastest clear and best boss killer (just because of sheer damage and movement speed), but these other builds are pretty fun and I do recommend trying them if this is your 2nd or 3rd Ngamahu's. Especially playing around with Lightpoacher spirit burst, lotta fun.

One thing OP, @kira1414 that I've been trying to theorycraft that you might want to look into is fitting Anger into this build. The reason being the new Watcher's Eye jewel. If you pair Anger (which is already a big damage increase but hard to fit with mana) with Watcher's Eye free 10%+ fire pen and/or 20%+ extra phys damage as fire it's pretty insane. I've been thinking of taking the mana reservation at the bottom of the tree + enlighten or simply using blood magic in chest. Helm enchants for mana reservation help too. Not sure if it's ultimately worth it, but it's worth exploring this league.

Another way to fit this is to use the new Impresence amulet, which I do not think can be better with Xoph's blood, but I haven't played with it in PoB and the like too much -- and quite possibly, maybe there is a way to make it better than Xoph's (though I suspect not). I think the better play is just trying to fit Anger in with Xoph's by using blood magic cyclone with some mana reservation and an enlighten.
Last edited by Anbokr on Dec 16, 2017, 2:11:31 PM
Hey guys what's the verdict on Shroud of the Lightless? I just dropped it and was thinking if I should sell it to add to the 6L Bronn funds or use it. What do you guys think about the chest?
So can someone explain to me if I can run those maps with reflect elemental damage % now or i still cant run them with this build?

"
Jonamitsu wrote:
Hey guys what's the verdict on Shroud of the Lightless? I just dropped it and was thinking if I should sell it to add to the 6L Bronn funds or use it. What do you guys think about the chest?

Again, I suggest you read OP's post. He clearly says shroud is a good 3.1 alternative
Last edited by swiftwilly on Dec 16, 2017, 3:20:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info