Increase Chayula spawn rate or flat out remove the challenge.

"
Sure_K4y wrote:
GGG already said they'd put up better MTXs this time around, and make challenges "harder"... Like, harder my ass... It just takes longer, or doesn't happen at all. Skill doensn't matter at all here.

Ya sadly that's what they think is "harder."

Remember game balance and innovation really isn't in their vocabulary, if you drink the GGG koolaid it's all about showing off the retention numbers and selling the MTX. They don't want their customers crying over something that is actually mechanically hard.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
keeperofstars wrote:
The card turn in was brutally expensive, cause well there only like 5 card sets for 11 turn ins and 3 of them are for super end game items, so that meant the whole server was fighting over 2 card sets which drove their price up double what they really worth. I totally loved dropping 180 chaos, on cards that were worth 10 divines worth 100 chaos. Nothing screams challenge more so than droppping almost 2 ex on drops just cause everyone jacks price up cause it's a challenge reward.

Ya you can thank "trade improvements" for that one. I actually did all of my card turn-ins super early before all the fuckheads started crashing into that market (I heard people were buying out the 9+ card sets super hard and raising prices)
For the extreme RNG challenges (Chayula, Lockboxes, etc) consider grouping these into an OR challenge.

E.g:

- Get Splinters from Chayula
OR
- Open a unique lockbox

Also, the 10000 Map Tiers and End Game Grinds this league are the suck, so I have stopped at 36.

Doing 110 tiers of maps on average every day for 3 months is not really sustainable if you have a job.

I would also suggest there is a correlation between people with jobs, and people that buy micro transactions, so there is a business interest in making the grindy challenges more achievable.
"
Gumlass wrote:
Doing 110 tiers of maps on average every day for 3 months is not really sustainable if you have a job.

Tbh that challenge was pretty easy. With the Strand meta (and Shaped Dunes @ T10), on a random Saturday night you can knock out 1K pretty easily imo
That was literally one of the easiest challenges ever a casual can do that in like a month.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Lol... The two least likely to have a reasonable view on hours played respond and say 10k map tiers is the most casual challenge ever.

Long as you take no more than 2 minutes per map. With a meta build. With trades built into that timing. Grouped up. While watching your private item trawler for flipping targets.

Sure dudes that challenge is totally cazh, you clearly both work 8-10 hours per weekday and just bash out a quick 100 tier 10 maps on a Saturday night. Between bathing the kids at 6 pm and eating dinner at 7:30 pm. While talking to your wife/husband about your week. Rather than, say, playing 14-16 hours a day *any* time you play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying PoE is or should be built for people who play 2 hours per week, but most people don't make it into more hours than a paying job.
uhm, i got some chayula splinters from one of the breaches but the challenge to get splinters from chayula is still open. this is a bug, right?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
uhm, i got some chayula splinters from one of the breaches but the challenge to get splinters from chayula is still open. this is a bug, right?

You sure you met the boss in a breach in a map and got splinters from him ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
vio wrote:

You sure you met the boss in a breach in a map and got splinters from him ?

not sure if it's from a map, could as well have happened in the regular game, didn't think it was something special.

do you need to have chayula spawn personally and hit it to get splinters? don't the rare monsters and hands also drop splinters that count?

btw: i can't really see anything in breaches, it's just a clusterfuck of flame bowls, skill effects and masses of monsters which are covered by loot descriptions. had one occasion where i saw a boss before dying but no chance to kill it. probably need to overlevel areas by 20 before the fun starts.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 18, 2017, 3:20:51 AM
a the breachlord itself has to show up and you have to get splinters off it specifically. Its the most infuriating rng bullshit challenge Ive yet to come across, absolutely horrible. some people get it after 50 hours played, some people play 500 hours and dont get it, you cant share it, cant buy it, cant do anything to make it happen, either rng says you get your challenge or it says you get fucked. I never found it and simply looking for it was frustrating to the point where I quit the league.

Theres no sound effect played when a lord turns up, he could have turned up on the other side of the breach and u didnt see him, or maybe you ran over to the other side to check and he spawned where you just were, its impossible to know.

absolutely awful, turned me off the league entirely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info