[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide

"
Wargra wrote:
Hello Exiles, I am trying to progress but hit a wall at 86. Just wondering what my first priority should be for upgrades. I keep dying on everything. Currently trying to craft a ilevel 84 Hubris Helm but that's been difficult. Suggestions to progress or at least stop dying on low level maps.

I wrote a long post for starters and not wanna to repeat myself alot, there are detailed list at the bottom of 42's page:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/page/42

But to summarise it short:
1. Belt high double resist 75+, es 50+
2. ES shield, you dont need prism guardian, you have blood magic already so it doesn't help you with mana reservation, since you have no mana :) Look for 350+ and single resist (which you didn't have on belt)
3. 1 (or 2, look optional note at page 42) ring with 105+ total element resist (2x high resist +all to elemental res mod), 30+ ES.
4. Boots wondertrap if you want some rarity, if not, resists should be capped with belt/rings/shield (or close to be capped), look for boots 220+ es, single resist.
5. Gloves dex (calculate how much u need to get to 159 (21 lvl haste, or 155 if 20), 170+ es, single resist.
6. Get white hubris ilvl 84, place some screaming essences of Loathing until u hit mod you like (more es, or if resistances are missing, basically should look for more es, since resists with purity should be overcapped very easy.)
Last edited by Matematikas on Mar 15, 2017, 3:28:02 AM
"
Wargra wrote:
Hello Exiles, I am trying to progress but hit a wall at 86. Just wondering what my first priority should be for upgrades. I keep dying on everything. Currently trying to craft a ilevel 84 Hubris Helm but that's been difficult. Suggestions to progress or at least stop dying on low level maps.

Hello. Your rings and belt should be upgraded to versions that have 40+ ES prefixes on them. If you can afford a Crystal belt then that's great, but I'd probably go for another Chain Belt until you've a Shavronne's Wrappings.

I took a quick look on your skill tree and it looks like you've all the reduced mana there. If you get (or make) a helmet with the 3% reduced mana reserved then you can replace the Prism Guardian with a 400+ ES shield, and still be able to run 8 auras.

After this I'd save up for a Shavronne's Wrappings.

Getting these upgrades should give you a lot more ES. A more general tip is to try to figure out where to position yourself while casting, you can avoid a lot of damage with good positioning. Finally, a good management of your vaal skills is important. My rule of thumb is: Always keep Vaal Clarity up. Use Vaal Discipline when you take damage, or if you know that you'll probably take damage. Use Vaal Haste when you've souls ready for all vaal skills, and vaal clarity is already active.

Edit:
It seems like you were just a bit faster on the reply than me Matematikas ;)
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Last edited by Tahreyn on Mar 15, 2017, 3:31:39 AM
"
Idyar wrote:
"
austeemo wrote:
Surprised you like zombies, was thinking of dropping them since they die so fast anyway..

I most of the time if they are in my auras they seem to survive long enough to distract the monsters to get chomped on by SRS. Just feel like I don't get chased nearly as much.

thats a fair point actually.

i made this

but im not sure if its worth using/selling? couldnt find any like it but es seems bad

using

Last edited by austeemo on Mar 15, 2017, 3:39:52 AM
"
austeemo wrote:
"
Idyar wrote:
"
austeemo wrote:
Surprised you like zombies, was thinking of dropping them since they die so fast anyway..

I most of the time if they are in my auras they seem to survive long enough to distract the monsters to get chomped on by SRS. Just feel like I don't get chased nearly as much.

thats a fair point actually.

i made this

but im not sure if its worth using/selling? couldnt find any like it but es seems bad

using

With the low ES on the first one it isn't really worth using, and it'll probably not sell either. I would roll it over or vendor it myself. I try to get at least 250 ES+ on a helmet before I consider to use it or sell it.
Builds:
I finally started the build (posted a few pages back on my ranger). After saving up I powerleveled this char over 2 days and am in love. Yes this build is expensive but boy oh boy is it strong. My only negative part to it is that I get overconfident haha. I was only level 70 and in T13 maps. My SRS was doing fine but my gems aren't leveled fully and my ES was kinda low so 2 shots and dead lol. I've now shifted back to spamming T8-9's to finish leveling and completely transition to blood magic. I love the build.

I do have a question though. As we want lots of ES, but also our amulet gives lots of ES based on life, wouldn't the ideal gear have res + es + life on it? I know we are talking about crazy expensive levels now but what in the build is cheap :).

I'm still working on gear, picked up some "starter" ES gear but got all the essentials. I have enough for the shav ring as well but am tossing up between getting that or the hubris first.

Edit: First day mapping with this build and I got stupid lucky. Got a retarded ventor roll drop (could sell it and fully gear up now if I want but I want to keep it). Upgraded my severed in sleep and got an almost max roll. Had 3 high value items drop as well that refilled much of my coffers that I completely drained to start the build. Very happy.

Last edited by coaa on Mar 15, 2017, 10:17:59 AM
"
coaa wrote:
I finally started the build (posted a few pages back on my ranger). After saving up I powerleveled this char over 2 days and am in love. Yes this build is expensive but boy oh boy is it strong. My only negative part to it is that I get overconfident haha. I was only level 70 and in T13 maps. My SRS was doing fine but my gems aren't leveled fully and my ES was kinda low so 2 shots and dead lol. I've now shifted back to spamming T8-9's to finish leveling and completely transition to blood magic. I love the build.

I do have a question though. As we want lots of ES, but also our amulet gives lots of ES based on life, wouldn't the ideal gear have res + es + life on it? I know we are talking about crazy expensive levels now but what in the build is cheap :).

I'm still working on gear, picked up some "starter" ES gear but got all the essentials. I have enough for the shav ring as well but am tossing up between getting that or the hubris first.

Edit: First day mapping with this build and I got stupid lucky. Got a retarded ventor roll drop (could sell it and fully gear up now if I want but I want to keep it). Upgraded my severed in sleep and got an almost max roll. Had 3 high value items drop as well that refilled much of my coffers that I completely drained to start the build. Very happy.

That's pretty nice Ventor's! I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the build.

As for items with Life rolls on them, I can swear that I recently wrote something about it but I can't find it. Life rolls on items are good for use in combination with Presence of Chayula, but it isn't optimal because a life roll is a prefix. On an optimal item the three prefixes we want are: +ES, +%ES, and +%ES hybrid. These items are usually crazy expensive, but if you're able to chose then go for the +%ES hybrid roll instead of the +life roll. You can take a look at poeaffix.net for more information on what prefixes and suffices that an item can have.
Builds:
"
Tahreyn wrote:
"
coaa wrote:

That's pretty nice Ventor's! I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the build.

As for items with Life rolls on them, I can swear that I recently wrote something about it but I can't find it. Life rolls on items are good for use in combination with Presence of Chayula, but it isn't optimal because a life roll is a prefix. On an optimal item the three prefixes we want are: +ES, +%ES, and +%ES hybrid. These items are usually crazy expensive, but if you're able to chose then go for the +%ES hybrid roll instead of the +life roll. You can take a look at poeaffix.net for more information on what prefixes and suffices that an item can have.

Ah ok that makes perfect sense. So I can use them for now, but ultimately you want the big 3 ES ones instead - gotcha. I was just wondering because my belt is pretty nice for a chain belt and didn't know how quickly I should look to replace. I really feel my gear is at a very strong point where I should just focus on maxing gems and re-stocking currency for awhile, then look to finalize the last bits with the absurdly priced stuff to finalize the build.
Great guide dude, just one question currenctly building towards blood magic and i ran out of mana rly rly fast any ideas what should i do or just play thru it with some mana pots till i get to blood magic?
"
skyboy77 wrote:
Great guide dude, just one question currenctly building towards blood magic and i ran out of mana rly rly fast any ideas what should i do or just play thru it with some mana pots till i get to blood magic?

Thank you.

If I start the league with this character, then I usually for Vaal Clarity + Mana Pots. At this stage of the league I can strongly recommend bying 2x Praxis rings and in combination with Vaal Clarity you shouldn't have any mana issues.
Builds:
Last edited by Tahreyn on Mar 15, 2017, 11:59:30 AM
would 4l setup with IIR and IIQ gem be enough damage for t11s ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info