[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide

"
WaffleT wrote:
Anyone else having trouble with warband map bosses? There are a few maps that have them but Overgrown Ruin is the one I have most trouble with. They melt through my level 20 SRS with aoe before they get an attack off and then kill my golem so I can't cast anymore

As ryansider said these kind of fights are something that can be of a problem for us. The one thing I can recommend is to try to keep moving in a circle around the targets with the hope of the boss attacking us, while our minions stays alive behind and on the sides of the target. The mini boss at shaper is another encounter that is taxing on our minions, but as long as you can get your minions to the target it'll go down in time.

Additionally. When you change your sword to United in Dream or Severed in Sleep you should get a quite large dmg upgrade making this less of an issue.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Do we drop Grace or Purity of elements when Envy aura available? Upgraded my weapon and forgot totally how it was last league, if i drop elements, need to upgrade most pieces of gear to stack enough resists :D
Cant wait to start this build in the next few days. I really enjoy SRS and know that it can farm anything you want safely but it gets very expensive (as apparent from the endgame gear postings haha). I went with my current char to cheaply farm over the past week or so and have bought 3/4 of what I need to reroll and do this build - cant wait! I have the united and presence so far. I have enough currency to get a legacy shav ring but it's a tossup right now between leg/non leg on that. For shav's I've been farming for the cards like crazy and currently have 6/8 of them. This should be enough to enable me to run with this build as soon as I hit end of merc. I still need to get the rest of the ES gear though like shield, rings etc which can get very expensive too. I figure having the key uniques should allow me to switch over and just farm the last bits with this build.
Hey guys, first time im posting here. Been doing this build for the second time and i'm having trouble going beyong map t6-7. Even t2-3 need to be careful.

I'm still learning PoE and having trouble farming currency and updating my armour.

If someone could look at it and point me toward the right direction. I'm getting depressed :(
Finally switched over to low life, its pretty fun so far.

Annoying to recast srs but I guess that is one of the downsides of the build.

I was wondering about the vaal skills, I am assuming you use vaal disc reactively and vaal haste/clarity just whenever you can?

"
coaa wrote:
Cant wait to start this build in the next few days. I really enjoy SRS and know that it can farm anything you want safely but it gets very expensive (as apparent from the endgame gear postings haha). I went with my current char to cheaply farm over the past week or so and have bought 3/4 of what I need to reroll and do this build - cant wait! I have the united and presence so far. I have enough currency to get a legacy shav ring but it's a tossup right now between leg/non leg on that. For shav's I've been farming for the cards like crazy and currently have 6/8 of them. This should be enough to enable me to run with this build as soon as I hit end of merc. I still need to get the rest of the ES gear though like shield, rings etc which can get very expensive too. I figure having the key uniques should allow me to switch over and just farm the last bits with this build.

Is it really worth farming shavronne or only if you have a super mobile build with tons of single target
Last edited by austeemo on Mar 13, 2017, 12:17:42 PM
"
Laurbmber wrote:
Hey guys, first time im posting here. Been doing this build for the second time and i'm having trouble going beyong map t6-7. Even t2-3 need to be careful.
I'm still learning PoE and having trouble farming currency and updating my armour.
If someone could look at it and point me toward the right direction. I'm getting depressed :(

How much currency you willing to spend and how much you can farm in lets say one gaming sesion (lets say after a work, or whole day if not working)? Not wanna write long post right now, but personally the first 2 things what i would do is refund skillpoints at top minion damage cluster (Death attunement cluster with 4 skillpoints) and use it on top right cluster (under CI for 4% + aura effectiveness Influence cluster). Also the node with 8% mana under jewel socket (under Melding cluster) makes no sense, refund that too. This allows you to drop prism guardian shield and get a normal es shield with 350+ and possible resistances for cheap. That boost your defenses amazing. Until you dont have shav rings, you always need to relly on vaal clarity/discipline.. But at such tier maps that shouldn't be hard. Basically alot of your pieces should be upgraded.

Short: write down how much you can spend and ill answer with a long post what you could buy on what pieces this evening when you answer to this :)
Last edited by Matematikas on Mar 13, 2017, 12:36:30 PM
"
Matematikas wrote:
Do we drop Grace or Purity of elements when Envy aura available? Upgraded my weapon and forgot totally how it was last league, if i drop elements, need to upgrade most pieces of gear to stack enough resists :D

It's really up to you. Last league I dropped Purity as I could get resists from other sources. I wouldn't drop Purity for Envy until you cap the resists though.

"
Laurbmber wrote:

Looking at your gear: you're still pretty early in the development of the build. I wouldn't get depressed about the lack of success in t6-7 maps - instead, stick with lower tiers while you farm currency. Here are some tips:

1) You can drop the "Quick Recovery" passive.
2) You can also drop the two cast speed passives above "Arcane Vision". That 6% cast speed would be better used for survivability.
3) Also drop the 8% max mana passive below your conqueror's efficiency - that's useless with blood magic.

^^ Use these passives for more ES, or whatever else you need.

It looks like you're stuck between a MF and damage build. If I were you and struggling with survivability in lower maps, I'd drop your Prism Guardian shield. You should buy yourself a 400 or so ES shield - that will give you a huge jump in ES. You can also get an easy 150+ ES on a cheap helmet upgrade.

After the small upgrades I just mentioned, your next step is a 5L Solaris Lorica. That extra link will give you a big bump in damage. Just keep farming T1-2 maps (Jungle Valley, Beach, Oasis are great maps for you to do) and use your leaguestones to add some extra monsters and chances at loot. Once you get a few upgrades, come back here and let us know how you're doing!

"
austeemo wrote:
Finally switched over to low life, its pretty fun so far.

Annoying to recast srs but I guess that is one of the downsides of the build.

I was wondering about the vaal skills, I am assuming you use vaal disc reactively and vaal haste/clarity just whenever you can?

"
coaa wrote:

Is it really worth farming shavronne or only if you have a super mobile build with tons of single target

You're correct on the vaal skills. Disc is a reactive cast when in damaging situations. Vaal clarity should be kept up as much as possible, and haste should be used whenever clarity is already up and disc isn't needed.

I may be the minority regarding Shav's ring, but I only see it as required when trying to push end-game. If you're using this character for mapping or general farming, I don't think it's worth the investment.

"
Matematikas wrote:
"
Laurbmber wrote:

How much currency you willing to spend and how much you can farm in lets say one gaming sesion (lets say after a work, or whole day if not working)? Not wanna write long post right now, but personally the first 2 things what i would do is refund skillpoints at top minion damage cluster (Death attunement cluster with 4 skillpoints) and use it on top right cluster (under CI for 4% + aura effectiveness Influence cluster). Also the node with 8% mana under jewel socket (under Melding cluster) makes no sense, refund that too. This allows you to drop prism guardian shield and get a normal es shield with 350+ and possible resistances for cheap. That boost your defenses amazing. Until you dont have shav rings, you always need to relly on vaal clarity/discipline.. But at such tier maps that shouldn't be hard. Basically alot of your pieces should be upgraded.

Short: write down how much you can spend and ill answer with a long post what you could buy on what pieces this evening when you answer to this :)

Damn, you beat me to it again. Looks like we said much of the same stuff!
Last edited by ryansider on Mar 13, 2017, 1:00:26 PM
"
ryansider wrote:

You're correct on the vaal skills. Disc is a reactive cast when in damaging situations. Vaal clarity should be kept up as much as possible, and haste should be used whenever clarity is already up and disc isn't needed.

I may be the minority regarding Shav's ring, but I only see it as required when trying to push end-game. If you're using this character for mapping or general farming, I don't think it's worth the investment.

Pretty sure he was talking about farming shavronne wrappings.

Also I found one of those new unset essence worm rings, wondering what the best gem would be to use it (is it even worth using I don't see anybody else talking about them except a small blurb on OP) guessing gives up too much defensive stats to use?

Anyway I was thinking of using it with discipline and just playing extra safe.

nevermind i tried it out and realize now the 40% increase mana reserved it just not worth it
Last edited by austeemo on Mar 13, 2017, 2:09:37 PM
Thanks to both or you. Cast speed passive point are temp since i lack of it a bit. I'm farming dried lake since the last 2 hours to farm some currency. Wondertrap are only for farming mostly. i have other sorcerer boots for pushing but still.

I will look at the change you ask me. Had a lack of orb of regret :D
"
Laurbmber wrote:
Thanks to both or you. Cast speed passive point are temp since i lack of it a bit. I'm farming dried lake since the last 2 hours to farm some currency. Wondertrap are only for farming mostly. i have other sorcerer boots for pushing but still.
I will look at the change you ask me. Had a lack of orb of regret :D

Nothing wrong with Wondertrap, i use myself it with good gear at T11+ maps.. Also, from tree we have 80 dex, 14 are base witch dex, also 94 in total. To run max 20 lvl Haste aura, we need 155 dex (or 159 dex) in total to avoid dex problems. You have 10 on boots & 15 on amulet, these parts shouldn't be changed. Also in total 94+10+15=129. You need 30 for 21 lvl haste (if lucky vaal), or 26 rest. Thats pretty good obtainable with 30+ dex ES gloves, or just taking 1 big +30 dex node. Thats depend on you. If you can find easy gloves for same price with dex, then you can save a skillpoint. Rest gems have no requirement problems.. So about your gear improvements, from your gear i see that's a bit complicated for you to get currency (if you state, that you dont have regret orbs to reduce some points..), so i assume you need like 1-2c pieces.

With your gear you should cap merciless resistances at least for 135, better if 169 in total. We have +10 to all from tree, and +64 from our Ascendancy (20) and +44 from Purity of elements (lvl 20) with all the aura effective nodes. So 74 basically for free. From here, you need to cap 135-74=61 resist of all types. Chaos can basically be ignored, not that important and later you will get some from amulet upgrade, if you play longer this game..

1. Upgrade first your belt to double resist (type pseudo total elemental resistances 70+ & 50+ maximum energy shield. That cost you 1-3c. Look for double high resist and not triple low resist. http://poe.trade/search/ooyoasuhoriyom
After you get belt, i offer to notice everything on piece of paper, at least i do all the time like this, you write 3 lines Fire, Cold, Light and columns with all the pieces you get, so 1st collum is your passive/tree/auras 74, then comes belt, you should be somewhere with 74/110/110 resists.

2. Upgrade ring now. Look for: pseudo total ele resist 105+, max energy shield 30+. That cost you 1-3c. http://poe.trade/search/ukonakitonaton
Again here look for double high as possible resist (not triple low), and a roll with +all elemental resistances. For double resist look one which you didnt have on your belt. And another one to cap 135 on one kind of resistance. For example you had 40 cold resist on belt and got 74+40=114 resist, so look for 21+ cold on ring to cap it, and if you didnt have any resist lets say on fire from belt, look for fire resist on ring, to push it somewhere to 105-110. Additional mods like INT or rarity is also good to have on ring. Also with that you should get 1 resist capped, 2x somewhere to 110-125 (if ring with +all to elemental resists. Would be good if you calculate a bit and get 2 resists capped with a ring. So only one would left for you to cap. If you dont use any unique ring for more rarity (like Andvarius), or to boost your stone golem a bit with unique ring, look for 2nd one similar ring and with resistances its done.

Side note, optional: First buy 1 ring and progress with other parts. If you manage to get with shield/gloves/belt/1ring/shield 155+ resists, i highly recommend to buy Andvarius ring. It cost not alot, and provides a lot of magic find, but steals 20 of all elemental resists (thats why 155+)

3. From here you buy shield/gloves. If you capped 2-3 resists with passives, belt & rings, then look for them for pure ES. (And dex on gloves, if you dont wanna use +30 dex node on tree).
As for gloves, search 160+ shield (can type near armour/evasion), and with 30+ dex mod. That cost you 2-4c. Look for deal with one resist too, which you have lowest number (to overcap a bit for elemental weakness maps/curses). http://poe.trade/search/sitasiukaboima

4. Get shield. Pure ES. Type on poe.trade shield 340+ and thats it. It cost you 1-2c. http://poe.trade/search/inohotuhisoyam
Again, look for more es, take your time. You could probably get somewhere to 370 with same price, and maybe single resist. Bonuses like INT is preffered, but not a must. Also can look for 25% block (block is kind of defense, why to ignore it.)

5. Copy/paste your flasks from other people here.. Basically you should use 1 life flask with remove bleeding / remove freeze. Just roll it with orb of alterations. The rest can be basalt flask (to reduce physical dmg taken), jade flask to boost your evasion even more (if you want more defensive), silver flask (to boost your attack/cast speed/movement speed), quicksilver flask (to run faster with your raging spirits and from pack to other pack).

6. Buy hubris circlet itemlevel 84 (white one, or any and scour it). Use Screaming essence of Loathing (can be bought for ~1c). What you get, that you get.. When you got more chaos just scour it and use again to get more ES/Resists :)

Basically thats its, small things to do mentioned by other guy, like removing those not necessary nodes from a tree. As for currency farming i highly recommend chaos recipe, if you dont know how, read here:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chaos_Orb

I highly recommend to dedicate 1 tab for chaos recipe and make them unidentified, to get 2c pro recipe. That takes you maybe hour, maybe less to farm 10c for all those upgrades. The other note, dont waste fusings to link your lorica. Buy prophecy called The Jeweller's Touch, it links 100% 5L your armour for just 28-30c (yes sounds a lot, but its not a lot, when you start mapping and doing chaos recipes or getting some lucky drops.)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Jeweller%27s_Touch
Last edited by Matematikas on Mar 13, 2017, 3:44:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info