We are seeing first hand why GGG needs to step in..

Wasn't playing in Perandus, but I know last league someone did get punished by GGG for scamming (where my other quote comes from).

Not sure of the name, something Kitten? But that user himself posted on Reddit.

Fucking hypocrisy, lmao. Wraeclast is apparently unforgiving, but if you scam too much then GGG will step in. ROFL.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
vio wrote:

imho it's ggg's task to provide the tech that enforces correct ingame behaviour. if they don't enforce a certain behaviour it's more or less allowed if it's not violating the ToS.

By your logic if GGG is not enforcing the rules against bots, maphacks, zoomhacks, memory readers that scan for important boxes, etc. then it isn't violating the ToS.

you know what i meant: if it isn't against the ToS AND ggg imlemented no tech against it.

ggg is still lacking their definition of "scamming", i don't think a single player got banned for snatching perandus deals from others. they never said it's forbidden anywhere to invade other player's maps either. players just made that up as scamming because it annoyed them.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
vio wrote:

imho it's ggg's task to provide the tech that enforces correct ingame behaviour. if they don't enforce a certain behaviour it's more or less allowed if it's not violating the ToS.

By your logic if GGG is not enforcing the rules against bots, maphacks, zoomhacks, memory readers that scan for important boxes, etc. then it isn't violating the ToS.

you know what i meant: if it isn't against the ToS AND ggg imlemented no tech against it.

ggg is still lacking their definition of "scamming", i don't think a single player got banned for snatching perandus deals from others. they never said it's forbidden anywhere to invade other player's maps either. players just made that up as scamming because it annoyed them.

Except plenty of people did, as evidenced to the fact that people were posting regarding why their account was locked towards the end of Perandus league. This is the issue, GGG isn't being very consistent. You allow scamming, but once it gets out of control you step in, but then you also don't allow people to name/shame others. It makes absolutely zero sense.

The idea that 'scamming' allowed in the first place is stupid, especially in a predominantly PvE game.
If that's true and i assume it is, it's still not within XyZ authority to act on it, since he isn't a gm and doesn't enforce fundamental game rules.

He's a third party providing a service, as long as he doesn't have some kind of "follow these rules when using my site" he shouldn't act like he is.

If he explicitly makes rules to use his site, then i see no issue with this behavior.(removing players in violation of those rules)
But as is, people are using means allowed within a free market system to gain advantage and being punished for it.(ignoring the fact it's immoral and a dick move from a personal perspective)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
If that's true and i assume it is, it's still not within XyZ authority to act on it, since he isn't a gm and doesn't enforce fundamental game rules.

He's a third party providing a service, as long as he doesn't have some kind of "follow these rules when using my site" he shouldn't act like he is.

If he explicitly makes rules to use his site, then i see no issue with this behavior.(removing players in violation of those rules)
But as is, people are using means allowed within a free market system to gain advantage and being punished for it.(ignoring the fact it's immoral and a dick move from a personal perspective)

Peace,

-Boem-

There was nothing that says you couldn't scam using Cadiro. People got banned/locked for it.

Consistency is a major issue here. XYZ banning people from his site for violating rules would be akin to PvP. You were an asshole, you get blacklisted. Welcome to being an asshole. If you want to allow scamming, you have to allow people to fight back. Otherwise, just solve the issue by just not allowing scamming of any kind, at all, and problem solved.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jan 10, 2017, 7:25:55 AM
I'm not disagreeing a lack of consistency isn't a major concern, just addressing the issue at hand.

People aren't violating any rules currently, just being pricks/dicks. If people got locked/banned for such behavior i find it well within their rights to address this and claim a lack of out-lined rules is to blame and not their personal constitution.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

"
Boem wrote:

"
Boem wrote:
I'm not disagreeing a lack of consistency isn't a major concern, just addressing the issue at hand.

People aren't violating any rules currently, just being pricks/dicks. If people got locked/banned for such behavior i find it well within their rights to address this and claim a lack of out-lined rules is to blame and not their personal constitution.

Peace,

-Boem-

GGG can ban you for any reason, including being a dick. Making 40+ fake listings just to price manipulating isn't just being a dick, it's being a monumental dick, akin to being on 7+ hours and scamming people with cadiro deals.

Also, when it starts to cost Chris Wilson and his team negative press and their bottom line, that's when it really starts to become a problem. In all honesty, they just need to have a specific rule that states that trade scamming of any kind will have zero tolerance and all of this nonsense stops. You hammer people with a 1 day ban as a warning, then escalate from there. Problem solved.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jan 10, 2017, 7:38:54 AM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

"
Boem wrote:

So if xyz banned you from poe.trade tomorrow you would be fine with that, correct?

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

"
Boem wrote:

So if xyz banned you from poe.trade tomorrow you would be fine with that, correct?

Peace,

-Boem-

What choice do I have?

I have to play this fucking game with a bunch of Chrome Tabs open because the devs are lazy as fuck and/or won't make the tools I need.

If I get banned by a 3rd party source for any reason, I have to live with it right?

The one concept you seem to not be able to grasp is that this guy, who by your admission is third party, is in fact allowed to do whatever he wants. We're all at his mercy and his judgment. That isn't a secret.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jan 10, 2017, 7:43:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info