We are seeing first hand why GGG needs to step in..

+1 Fake prices and price flipping should stop.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
"
almostdead wrote:

But claiming that he cannot do whatever he wants with a site he has created himself and owns is completely wrong in my opinion.

valid opinion of yours, i would be interested if you're still up to it when you got excluded from trade because some people claimed you're a scammer?

whatever, eventually it all depends on whether ggg binds the usage of the api data on open access to the processed data for everyone.

they should have.

that other private parsers exist and give their owners an substantial advantage suggests ggg didn't.

maybe i'm wrong after all and it's just down to a "with great power comes a great responsibility" issue...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
almostdead wrote:
"
vio wrote:

and calling for xyz to censor those (for whatever reason) afk traders (which he obviously did) is hilarious.
doing this, xyz is actually executing powers he shouldn't use, to be more blunt, he is abusing his power to modify parts of the game which may even be intended who knows). i really hope this has consequences.

if there is an authority to stop fake offers that would be ggg only.

Totally disagree with you here.

Xyz can do whatever he wants with his site. He isn't modifying "parts of the game" - he is modifying parts of his site. Noone is forced to use his site. If he wanted, he could just take the site down and be the only one who can use it. Or he could take the site down and only allow access to those who pay him. Or add some features like "pay me x€ and your name will appear on the top of the list (if the price of the item is equal)" etc. He could add all of that and still not be abusing his powers.

Of course, many people might stop using the site then or someone could create another public site etc (which might not be a bad thing).

But claiming that he cannot do whatever he wants with a site he has created himself and owns is completely wrong in my opinion.

A part of me wants to like Vio & understand his point of view.

Another part of me wonders if what I'm reading is from the same person.

I honestly think people do feel THIS entitled to something that isn't theirs, and something that we're even lucky to have.

GGG, from my understanding, doesn't care whether or not this website existed, so what would make them be able to supersede the owner?

Afterall, if we left it up to GGG, we'd be left with searching for items in Trade chat & forum posts.

Luckily for us, the owner of poe.trade seems to not be "abusive" with his website, mainly because his motivation is through monetization I'm sure, but like you said. Anybody COULD charge to use their site (possibly?). Or at the very least keep their site private.

So all in all, we're extremely lucky what we have, it's the owners responsibility to choose what gets listed or not (and for most of us, we're thankful for that).
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
"
"
Can't ban or blacklist for any of this. The economy is the PVP of PoE. GGG wants and likes it that way.

Also, as the thousands upon thousands of bot accounts continue to farm and sell, this will get worse as time goes on. Shut one down = two take their place.

Why can't you ban or blacklist for any of this?

Because, it's within the rules of the game and as far as GGG is concerned just clever trading tactics.

Find a way to outmaneuver them. Think of it as a PVP battle!

This isn't entirely correct. poe.trade is 3rd party and as such: xyz can do whatever he wants! If xyz thinks the market manipulation could be solved with a global blacklist then he can implement it on his site if he chooses. This does go against GGG's ideals but they have no control over poe.trade whatsoever. xyz has already shown us that he can and will do what he wants with the data from the API. Do you remember the note system that was being abused for quite a while before xyz (not GGG) did something about it? xyz has effectively rendered the note feature useless. A global blacklist wouldn't even be that hard to implement and it would be entirely local to poe.trade. I'd say if you really want to see this game's trade change then you should talk to xyz, as GGG is unwilling and stubborn over improving trade as per the request of the community. GGG isn't even in a spot to fight back against xyz if he did this; he has them by the balls.
"

i'm just open to arguments. and should probably think twice about issues before i write.

to sum it up:
to me it's clear that xyz did a almighty job creating the site and running it nearly flawlessly, never doubted that. and there is a great responsibility coming with a majority of users using the site.

the question is, is he bound to equally provide access for all users who use the trading tab ingame, independently on what they do ingame otherwise?

by removing fake offers he is punishing players for their ingame behaviour, they didn't do anything wrong when using the trade api tabs and that's all he should care for.

imho it's ggg's task to provide the tech that enforces correct ingame behaviour. if they don't enforce a certain behaviour it's more or less allowed if it's not violating the ToS.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"

i'm just open to arguments. and should probably think twice about issues before i write.

to sum it up:
to me it's clear that xyz did a almighty job creating the site and running it nearly flawlessly, never doubted that. and there is a great responsibility coming with a majority of users using the site.

the question is, is he bound to equally provide access for all users who use the trading tab ingame, independently on what they do ingame otherwise?

by removing fake offers he is punishing players for their ingame behaviour, they didn't do anything wrong when using the trade api tabs and that's all he should care for.

imho it's ggg's task to provide the tech that enforces correct ingame behaviour. if they don't enforce a certain behaviour it's more or less allowed if it's not violating the ToS.

By your logic if GGG is not enforcing the rules against bots, maphacks, zoomhacks, memory readers that scan for important boxes, etc. then it isn't violating the ToS.

People who purposely do scummy shit like this deserved to get punished. Why do you allow people to PvP one way and not allow other players to PvP in response? That makes zero sense. GGG has already banned scammers in the past before during Perandus league, so it is not out of the question for them to do something about this.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jan 10, 2017, 7:01:54 AM
There is a difference between behaving immorally and breaking game rules.

Banning people from a community function for behaving immorally while it's well within the game rules is improper in and of itself.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Banning people from a community function for behaving immorally while it's well within the game rules is improper in and of itself.

Peace,

-Boem-

Except Perandus league scamming was not technically breaking game rules, yet people were punished for it. Precedent was already set.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Except Perandus league scamming was not technically breaking game rules, yet people were punished for it. Precedent was already set.

Who was punishing and what happened, be precise and truthful.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Who was punishing and what happened, be precise and truthful.

Peace,

-Boem-

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1624284/filter-account-type/staff

And yet previously they bent over backwards to protect a clear scummy nature player who was scamming people left and right with a privately written program that would scan faster than XYZ/poe.trade

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info