The 0.10.1d account changes

A few additional features requests, in case they fit in what you can/want to do:
- An option to widen the IP restriction to the whole country
- Allow us to add specific IPs that are always considered as safe

My issue is that my ISP has bandwitch restrictions on stuff like Twitch/Youtube/... And to bypass it, I'll often use a VPN. And if I happen to want to play at the same time, I'll obviously end on a different IP, which will lock the account until I go check my mails for the code.
IGN: EthInvictus

Trading Forums Enhancer: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/244736
I play from several locations, is there a way to add both?
WWWWWWAAAAAAAZZZZZAAAAAAAAA
"
Towik wrote:
a little off-topic

Why when i urn the game on my x-fi with --softwareaudio my fps is 30 limited and unplayable ?...

I though i will take off PS3 headset and play on speakers but ...

edit:

it seems it's not that , when i sue my X-fi to play it just happens like that ,i turned off the XRAM in the regedit , maybe i should only use --softwareaudio o_O

No, 100% off topic.
What does this crackpot talk have to do with account changes?
"
Towik wrote:
a little off-topic

Why when i urn the game on my x-fi with --softwareaudio my fps is 30 limited and unplayable ?...

I though i will take off PS3 headset and play on speakers but ...

edit:

it seems it's not that , when i sue my X-fi to play it just happens like that ,i turned off the XRAM in the regedit , maybe i should only use --softwareaudio o_O

You'll want to post it in the technical sub-forum. :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/support-and-bug-reports

Also use the forum search before opening a new Thread there.

Good job, GGG.
Get some sleep after employing the XP-Fix.
Keep doing the good work, GGG.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
I'd rather have to check my email and get an unlock code every day I play rather than being hacked.
IGN: Kaynar/Anelthas/Hymnos
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm wondering if you're going to do what Rift does - coin lock. If you don't sign into your account for an extended amount of time, or from another location I'm guessing, the account is "locked" when you log in and can only be "unlocked" after supplying a code sent to your email. This is a good solution. But you should all know that NOTHING is 100% secure but a lot of proactive care needs to be done on the client's end (players) as well; don't share passwords, use strong passwords and nothing that can be broken with dictionary attacks. I can even give you all an algorithm that I use that makes it extrememely hard for crackers to break. GGG can only do so much from their end to keep your accounts secure but the players must also take responsibility as well :)
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
when you read off-topic at the start of a post , just move on to the next post .

I was not starting any new threads or anything , simply did of a chance of a mod or anyone like that reading it .
R.I.P - LagMasta 25 LvL [1st HC Exile]
For those ppl worrying about their IP constantly changing, due to using DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), using a NAT/PAT (Network Address Translation/Port Address Translation - respectively) or proxy server and not having a static IP address, more likely than not, GGG will not limit to a specific IP address but the block of addresses that the said IP is part of.
"
gerdalti:

Are there any plans for an Authenticator? 2 stage authentication removes the threat of hacked passwords (for users smart enough to use it). Quite a few MMO's have taken to using them, and they seem to work very well. Almost everyone these days has an Android or iOS phone, seems like that would be an easy way to go about it.

Correction :) 2 stage authentication GREATLY REDUCES the threat of hacked passwords but doesn't remove it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info