The 0.10.1d account changes

"
The first security feature introduced today is that saved passwords only work from the IP that they were saved on. Some users have commented that they want the saved passwords to work from any IP, so we're considering allowing that as an option if the user wants to risk their account for this convenience.

The second feature is a much more important one - accounts become locked if someone logs into them from a different city. An unlock code, which is sent to the account's registered email address, is required to unlock the account. If you get this email when you haven't logged in from a remote location then you should change your password immediately and investigate how someone learned your password (scan for malware, etc).

That new Securityoptions maby good but they shrink my gaming expirience. I have been kicked out of the game now the second time because my Internetprovider changed my ip. you should imagine that there are countries where internetprovider change the ip every 24 hours. Last time i was kicked i just was in a boss fight. thats frustrating.

Isnt there any possibility that you save a security file on the pc the user is logged on? And cant the file be unique created to the system the game is running on? So the file want work on any other computer. and if you log in from another system you only have to activate it with the code send by email once.

I guess iam not the only one who is getting angry about this securityemail that has be read every day you lock in. Especially in Germany.

You have to find another way to get rid of this.

Thx for reading

^ yes, its so annoying for the folks with dynamic IP. My ISP changes my IP once/twice every day, so entering the code every day is a must, sometimes when my IP changes im in the game, so when logging in again i have alt+tab, check mail, copy code etc. Not that i dont appreciate the effort that GGG put into security of the accounts, but just wondering if you guys work on a solution to this?
I log in from 2 different locations regularly. My school and my home. It gets really annoying to constantly have to unlock my account every time I want to play the game at school. Is there a "add location" feature being looked into?
I just received an email that my account was accessed from "Shaoxing, Zhejiang, China" and it was locked.

I haven't played in about over a week, so I logged on to check and they cleaned out my inventory and stole a lot of orbs from my stash.

I have never fallen for a phishing attempt, my email is not compromised, and I have no viruses or spyware of any kind on my computer, and my password was complex and long. Nobody but me knows my password. I have no idea how they could have gotten onto my account unless there was a breach on Grinding Gears' end.

I don't know exactly what they were, as I haven't played in over a week, but everything in my current inventory is gone and they cleaned out all the valuable orbs in my orb tab on the stash.

I emailed support about having these items restored, but they just linked me to this thread. All I have to say is this: Are you kidding me? My password was secure, my email is not compromised, and I wasn't phished. The security feature that locks my account if somebody else logs onto it was in effect, and I unlocked it after I got the email. I put a lot of time and effort into getting the items I had, not to mention the money I put into your cash store to buy stuff for my account. There was nothing I could have done to prevent this, and then you tell me I can't have anything restored that some random hacker in China took from me, with no fault of my own? Not restoring items STOLEN from paying players with no fault of their own because it will "devastate the economy" is the biggest cop out excuse I've ever heard. What's devastating the economy is the people STEALING ITEMS AND SELLING THEM FOR CASH. Punishing the player for the actions of hackers is ridiculous.

If I have a safe deposit box in a bank and thieves break into the bank and steal it does the bank tell me "oh well, tough luck"? NO, they're insured for that and I would be reimbursed. So if you can't give me back my items give me back my money.

Wonderful to see how great you treat your customers who are putting cash that they WORK for into the development of what is actually a great game, too bad the support side isn't there. If it's the case that Chinese farmers can hack players' accounts to steal orbs to sell on the cash market with no insurance for the PAYING customer, then I'm sorry, but I want a refund for the money I spent in the cash shop. My items were stolen, so all my time and effort was lost. That gives me an extremely bad taste in my mouth, and I feel like I have no further interest in playing your game. I'm not going to spend more time and effort playing just to have this happen again

It's unacceptable to not give players, who don't cheat in any way, and pay you our hard earned cash any form of insurance from hackers. I request a full refund for the cash spent in the microtransactions shop, since hackers from China can just get on your account and take everything you worked for with no punishment or security for the player.

If you are going to have a shop where players spend REAL MONEY that they worked for to SUPPORT YOUR COMPANY, you need to have security for that player. I have never played a game where you can be hacked and just SOL.
it seems you can determine nation,state/region,city
in my case nation,state/region stays the same but city always switches
could you add an option that each user can select how specific the ip address is checked
(none,nation,state/region,city,fixed ip)?
if i use state/region that would enable a login without the email activation for me in 99% of all cases
"
it seems you can determine nation,state/region,city
in my case nation,state/region stays the same but city always switches
could you add an option that each user can select how specific the ip address is checked
(none,nation,state/region,city,fixed ip)?
if i use state/region that would enable a login without the email activation for me in 99% of all cases

^ pretty much this.
I like the feature in concept, but a dynamic IP and the lack of any option to turn it off makes it a sheer annoyance. Why is this feature even tied to IPs? I move around a lot and play on my laptop, and I do often access the game from different cities or even countries. I don't care where in the world the accesses come from - what I do care about is whether or not they come from my laptop or not. So why not tie the security lock into the machines MAC-address or something? Steam Guard got it to work, it can't be that hard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info