Mathil build list v2

What bow would you use for the barrage totem build?
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:

also something that i noticed after more than 20 deaths is that mathil binds the attack in place key either in his mouse or he locks it with the numpad like a miner build and it helps a ton for survivability since its better to leap than walk in the middle of the battle.

I didn't quite get what you meant but now I understand after playing the build for a while, so thanks for the headsup!

For those who doesn't know, Glacial Hammer is a name lock skill, meaning you need to right click ON a monster for the skill to work (or close enough to the monster). If your aim missed the monster, or the monster is too far from you, instead of attacking your character will walk there to attack it. This is dangerous as it stops your attack and you could very well die in that few seconds.

Using the trick to bind attack in place to always on makes it so this walking to monster thing doesn't happen and you will always attack around you (similar to if you are holding Shift+RMB). This is a great boost to usability, damage, and survivability of your skill as your Ancestral Call will kick in and you will still end up attacking the monster even if it isn't manually targeted, as long as it is close enough to you.
Last edited by Jiunn on Jan 24, 2018, 4:53:18 PM
IGN KnivesOfEthereality
Can someone summarize how to level this Bladeflurry\Reave build?
I suck at leveling and I don't know how to go about it. I can buy the usual Tabula Goldrim etc, but what skill to use, what nodes to focus on first, when to switch to reave\BF etc.?

Thanks
bump
"
Oneyedrunky wrote:
Can someone summarize how to level this Bladeflurry\Reave build?
I suck at leveling and I don't know how to go about it. I can buy the usual Tabula Goldrim etc, but what skill to use, what nodes to focus on first, when to switch to reave\BF etc.?

Thanks

I used goldrim, tabula, blackheart, wanderlust, bla bla bla, with some bow until lvl 12, then switched to dual wielding with best uniques available, and reave with the gems for the final setup as they appeared, it starts slow, but get`s better after faster attacks and multistrike, so far so good at the moment, close to lvl 50!

Ah, was lucky enough to get a vaal reave earlier, it`s a must have!

Good luck
Reave is pretty terrible for leveling until you get a good amount of attackspeed and multistrike. I would really recommend leveling with frostblades and molten strike until about lvl 40 and then try how you feel about reaving.
Thanks,
Already leveled, I'm almost 80 and I'm going back to Wander, it was horrible :D
I'm sure some would love it but it's not for me.
Between losing the Vaal Reave stacks for picking up a chaos orb, most of the map not having the extra radius, and having to use Leap Slam which I can't get used to, even with the same attack speed as Mathil it feels so slow and clunky.. I'm going to pass on this one.
The cherry on top was getting destroyed by Shaped Fields boss with 2 simple dmg mods + unique boss deals extra dmg, which the Wander didn't even flinch to (with same hp and resists, the wander having evasion and this one having Fortify).

But the big killer for me was the Reave stacks. I thought that maybe the maps aren't dense enough to keep it up constantly, so I did Shaped Toxic Sewer with 3-4 sextants and Double Beyond.. there was so much currency dropping, of course, and I lost my stacks constantly.

Maybe there's something I'm missing here completely?

P.S. I saw a build guide for a similar build only using a Claw, that might be better for me with Whirling Blades.. but still, the Reave stacks, man oh man...
P.S.2 - As a matter of fact, I was using 2 nicely rolled Shaper\Elder claws I had from another build, and when I swapped to a Sword and a Sceptre off-hand (without any sword nodes yet taken) I had a significant damage loss. Sure, it depends on the stats but they were comparable as far as I could tell. Only when I took the Sword nodes did I see a damage increase from the Sword+Sceptre combo. That got me thinking that maybe with a Claw this build would be even better damage wise.

I'm also wondering if there's another skill that could substitute Reave in this build, even if some tree modification was needed. Blade flurry isn't an option, even with AoE gem the AoE is ridiculous.
Last edited by Oneyedrunky on Jan 27, 2018, 10:16:08 AM
my post was so badddd ! nah, great job and builds, as you use to do...
Last edited by kestapop on Jan 27, 2018, 2:17:04 PM
How is he managing to stay alive with the BF/Reave build? The leech has been atrocious if you get into an Abyss Crack or any pack with lots of small hits, A claw with life on hit seems like it'd work far better for survivability

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info