[2.5] Dela's Beastmode CI Regen Inquisitor ALL CONTENT

Another note about the tree, I might path and grab Explosive Impact with the tree changes (both the fact that Explosive Impact is 1 less point away and that cast speed has been added to half of the ring which helps with the turning speed of SR, will need to wait for the 2.6 tree to come out to see this visually).

Just tested gem links. In order of power: Empower 3+ > Incr. Burning > Iron Will (no surprise since we have little strength).

For Faster Casting, for clearing, it is definitely worth it in my opinion (faster turn rate). For bosses, it would be nice if you had a corrupted white socket so you could swap FC for Incr. Burning Dmg. All the Faster Casting does for bosses is makes you slightly better at tracking a moving boss and it takes less time to get to 8 max stacks, but once at 8, FC no longer gives a benefit. My plan is to use FC as my 5th link and Empower 3+ as my 6th (using Incr. Burning until I get a lvl 3 or higher empower).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of us playing this build currently in standard won't be affected by the pyre nerf because we would have to divine our existing pyre rings to apply the nerf (which of course we won't do), so it really affects those who want to use the build in the upcoming league where a legacy pyre would not be available, right?
Correct. Your AoE will still be nerfed however, and you may have to path slightly differently due to Zealot's Oath being moved.
So is it still viable for high end or they just scr***d it?
Hard to say for sure, 10% less ignite dmg (which is the bulk of the dps) and worse clear speed due to the AoE nerfs. Not looking too great, was really bummed about the AoE nerfs and super shocked that both Pyre and Call of the Brotherhood were nerfed to 40%, even though that was only a 10% change to CotB.
Last edited by Deadseeds on Mar 1, 2017, 8:06:43 PM
We'll try to make it work. The nerf was bigger than anticipated but it might be fixable. With the new tree and such we'll get on theory crafting. Might go with other sources of dmg. Don't be too gloom, there is lots of ways the core build can work. We dont know exactly how much the aoe will affect us yet. Ill have plenty of ideas and Im sure OP will too, atleast we've been talking about a few. Atleast ill not go the SR way, that doesnt seem very fun to play :)
Last edited by Leeown on Mar 1, 2017, 8:25:09 PM
So after reviewing the notes, it looks like our build has been changed... for the most part nerfed.

1. AoE Min/Maxing - "Players who went out of their way to get as many sources of increased radius of area skills as they could will see significant reductions in their skill area of effect."

Since Vortex was NOT a skill listed that GGG adjusted, we will likely see a LARGE decrease in radius. It is hard to say if it will be "playable" as a self cast skill. Getting every bit of AoE in the current version felt really good... but likely too powerful. The AoE gem itself also lost about half of its effectiveness, and conc effect lost 5% of dps. The AoE size is something that needs to be tested... it is tough to "guess" if it ok or not.

2. Pyre Nerf - "Pyre: Cold Damage converted to Fire Damage mod reduced to 40%." So there are few options here to address the change. If we continue using the Pyre ring then the "Cold to Fire" gem becomes mandatory. We lose 10% converted damage... which shouldn't be too much of a loss to our ignites. Make no mistake, it is a nerf, but it is likely one we can work around. I don't like the option of Avatar of Fire since we would lose our Vortex DoT dps and we would lose the ability to use EE. Another option is to give up our gloves slot and use Hrimburn, which lets our cold damage ignite. Part of the reason I do not like this option is that then we need to scale COLD and FIRE damage, instead of just FIRE damage. The third option is to give up the Pyre all together and switch to another spell. Personally I think we either use the nerfed Pyre with cold to fire and Vortex, or we look for another skill.

So far, one of the things I've been thinking about, is to drop chance to ignite gem... and pick up more chance to ignite in the tree. Curse effectiveness for Flammability works too. If we can get enough Ignite chance from Izaro's turmoil jewels, the tree, and the curse, (ideally something like 50% total) we could drop the chance to ignite gem making our links: Vortex/Controlled Destruction/Cold to Fire/Fire Penetration/Aoe(Conc)/Empower

3. Tree Changes - "Zealot's Oath has been repositioned to the perimeter of the tree." The location is near Avatar of Fire. This change could end up being a positive, especially if we change the build and drop chance to ignite. Please feel free to share any trees for 2.6.

Overall a lot of tweaks will be needed to adjust the build. At the core, the defense mechanic of MASSIVE regeneration will still work, it is finding a skill that does enough damage and fits/feels good. If vortex has lost too much dps, has too little AoE, or takes too much to work, we can try scorching ray or another skill. If we do switch skills, at least we can free up a ring slot and drop The Pyre.
Last edited by getinthevan on Mar 2, 2017, 12:28:33 AM
Firestorm?
So I did an elementalist burning vortex toon last league and was going to do Dela's build in 2.6.

Just thought you would like to know I just replaced the 100% pyre with Cold to Fire and Avatar of Fire and my overall deeps increased. The loss from the DoT deeps was more than compensated with the increase from the ignite deeps and the skill deeps. Just tested it using Path of Building.

Since Dela's build also uses burning vortex, I am skeptical Dela's build is actually nerfed in 2.6. In addition, zealot's oath was moved 2 points away from avatar of fire.

I dunno about the AoE changes in 2.6, but I think deeps-wise the build will be fine.

tldr: Dela's build was buffed, not nerfed. Not sure about AoE changes though.

Can hardly say it's not been nerfed when the AOE will be ~40% less than it currently is.... even with a buff of tooltip (which means very little in POE) the clearspeed is much less so it's a nerf whatever way you look at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info