ahh the joys of trade [updated]

Had a weird one today. Italicized text is my comments and not part of the actual conversation.

Them: hey wtb your Foxshade Wild Leather (I see a breach challenge counter beside their name)
Me: Are you searching the correct league?
Them: yes (I try to invite them just to make sure, and get the "out of your league" message as expected)
Me: Ok, switch to your standard character for the trade then

I get a friend invite, which makes some sense as they might want to save my contact info to find me easier after swapping leagues. A few minutes pass. I see them log off and then back on the same character, still in breach. I don't bother to leave my map as I'm fairly certain they did search an incorrect league. My Foxshade isn't anything special and has been in the tab for two weeks so it's not like there was any hurry in securing the deal before switching leagues.

Them: Come to the vigil (They are in the Forest Encampment at this point)
Me: The what now? You're still on breach and my item is on standard so I can't trade unless you switch characters.

That's the last I heard of them. I wonder if they finally realized their mistake?

"
Heli0nix wrote:
Players that spam me with livesearch when i decide to put a good deal on market => Will ignore all message for few mins and eventualy take only the last one. I want an option to choose on every items if i allow them to be spot by livesearch or not. It would make a lot of sense actualy.

That would require GGG to implement the search function themselves to give preferential treatment to manual searches. As soon as it's available on the public API, it's available to all the livesearches and custom trackers players might have. I wouldn't get my hopes too high about them doing that.
"
minezeye wrote:
This form of trading sucks so bad it brings out the asshat in us all.

My guilty pleasure is hitting :kick: after the trade... I dont even bother to say TYT or whatever im just like ...GTFO! "kick"! Feelsgood!

I was selling some shit unique for 1 alt and I got kicked before we traded :D It hurt my feelings so bad.
✠ ✠
"
databeaver wrote:
That would require GGG to implement the search function themselves to give preferential treatment to manual searches. As soon as it's available on the public API, it's available to all the livesearches and custom trackers players might have. I wouldn't get my hopes too high about them doing that.

Actualy was on the way to Edit this part i was thinking about the way to do that since 15 mins or so and ended to the same conclusion. Don't have better idea to provide so i will pass on this part ^^

To make it short, i don't hate everything in trading, i just hate that it's opened to all abuses.
The model itself is satisfying. The attention gave to it by GGG due to Chris expectations is less and less acceptable and at some point it's becoming the best way to be disgusted by the game.
Those who know me ingame for a long time will say it i rarely QQ about dying in HC / SC no matter how. The only frustrating thing that piss me off is trading, and eventualy network problems ( EU - And it's not really GGG fault ) but that's it everything else is good at all ^^ I wouldn't keep supporting it if it wasn't the case.

The feel is clear when something new is available for trading it sounds like:

" Hey guys we added something today, no matter if it has been done in the right way or not we won't watch back and improve it / fix it if it cause troubles but we added it !!! "

Path of Exile trading in short:

"To infinity... and beyond!"

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jan 1, 2017, 10:27:57 AM
updated
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:

[UPDATE]

"Hi I would like to buy your <1 Chaos bow> from your <1 Chaos tab>"

"sure. give me 2 mins please. boss fight"

I beat the boss and exit the map. go to stash and pick up the bow, then click invite on his name.
"you have been ignored by the target player".

I always ask people if they still want the item when I had to let them wait. Especially when it involves changing leagues, too. So annoying when you whisper them and get a "Already got it elsewhere."
I've never been ignored, though. That's even more annoying.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
The only way to win, is to not play
I still prize above mirrors that one person who said I'd "made them smile on a dark day".
Each "lol" and "nice hideout" or similar are like divines.
And I guess the short conversations are like exalts?

I dunno; conversion rates from player interactions to currency items aren't really all that reliable.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
crystalwitch wrote:
I still prize above mirrors that one person who said I'd "made them smile on a dark day".

I dunno; conversion rates from player interactions to currency items aren't really all that reliable.

that's true.
although the rate of actual conversations in a trade transaction, is about as rare as Divine drop rates...

started selling things for 1 Alchemy or lower just to get rid of them, and have seen some low level characters come in, in Standard.
still not sure if these are actually new players - because it's Standard - but if they are these things should help them a bit.

none of my "bigger ticket" (5 Chaos to few EX) stuff are selling though.
maybe they aren't that good in Standard standards as I thought them to be, or I priced them too high, or both.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Jeez some of you guys must be brilliant at parties. 99% of my trade experiences are positive. Stop focusing on the few occasions you are dealing with an asshole.
"
crystalwitch wrote:

Was it you with a badass Elreon hideout quite a few days ago? :D

I still have to start selling stuff, buying is 95% positive. A bit annoying when I whisper for a good item and they say like "wrong tab, actual is ###", other than that all good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info