[HC] [2.6] Summon Toxic Spirits | Poison Summon Raging Spirits | By @Ler_GG

This league started with similar build (for now don't have ex for 6L body) and have some questions:

1. Suggested Void Manipulation have more chaos damage, but reduces elemental damage, so with Hatred and Grip of the Council (and possible Add Fire for bosses) is it worth it? And aren't there better supports instead of Added Chaos (maybe Multistrike since SRS has considerable base damage and it can get more poison stacks)?

2. Phase Walk seems not so worth it for movement skill, why SRS Necromancers with cast/attack speed from auras and Flesh Offering don't use Whirling Blades or Shield Charge considering we use Sword and Shield for weapons?

3. If (when?) I decide to upgrade my Severed in Sleep to United in Sleep is it worth running Envy with generosity instead of Hatred? And is it worth upgrading considering price (around 4ex)?

4. Somewhat not pure SRS question: IF using unset rings you can somewhat squeeze auras, minions, utility skills and of course SRS 6L and still have 2L, is it worth using Animate Weapon-Spell Totem? Overall I don't have problems with damage, but with new number of SRS (from 50 to 20) all skulls sometimes move to one side and area is not that great.

5. What do you suggest doing on 2 poison immune guardians(Chimera and Hydra)? Maybe switching to elemental SRS for boss fights? (I mean you have 3B3R body so: SRS-Min.DMG-Elem.Focus-M.Phys-Empower-Add.Fire)

6. Zealots Oath: 3 points in passives and 2 points for 0.7% regen (around 84 regen from 12k ES), so how useful is it? I know how it works and that it helps on DOT, but without Consecrated Ground flask (4% regen) it basically does nothing, also there's pretty cheap The Sorrow of the Divine with ZO during flask effect (thought getting ZO on passive can get you other affixes on Sulphur Flask)
How do you feel about not using spell echo? The only reason I haven't switched to added chaos yet is because spell echo cast speed is just amazing, do you really feel the dps is that much bigger on single target? And have you considered using a multistrike gem instead of melee splash for single target along with added chaos?
"
9hp71n wrote:
This league started with similar build (for now don't have ex for 6L body) and have some questions:

1. Suggested Void Manipulation have more chaos damage, but reduces elemental damage, so with Hatred and Grip of the Council (and possible Add Fire for bosses) is it worth it? And aren't there better supports instead of Added Chaos (maybe Multistrike since SRS has considerable base damage and it can get more poison stacks)?

2. Phase Walk seems not so worth it for movement skill, why SRS Necromancers with cast/attack speed from auras and Flesh Offering don't use Whirling Blades or Shield Charge considering we use Sword and Shield for weapons?

3. If (when?) I decide to upgrade my Severed in Sleep to United in Sleep is it worth running Envy with generosity instead of Hatred? And is it worth upgrading considering price (around 4ex)?

4. Somewhat not pure SRS question: IF using unset rings you can somewhat squeeze auras, minions, utility skills and of course SRS 6L and still have 2L, is it worth using Animate Weapon-Spell Totem? Overall I don't have problems with damage, but with new number of SRS (from 50 to 20) all skulls sometimes move to one side and area is not that great.

5. What do you suggest doing on 2 poison immune guardians(Chimera and Hydra)? Maybe switching to elemental SRS for boss fights? (I mean you have 3B3R body so: SRS-Min.DMG-Elem.Focus-M.Phys-Empower-Add.Fire)

6. Zealots Oath: 3 points in passives and 2 points for 0.7% regen (around 84 regen from 12k ES), so how useful is it? I know how it works and that it helps on DOT, but without Consecrated Ground flask (4% regen) it basically does nothing, also there's pretty cheap The Sorrow of the Divine with ZO during flask effect (thought getting ZO on passive can get you other affixes on Sulphur Flask)

1. If you have chromatics you can color your vaal regalia to 3r 1g 2b. Drop added chaos for Void Manipulation (Only do it with a lvl 21 srs and a lvl 3 empower)

2. Feel free to use WB, but in my opinion Phase Run is superior (No aggro from Mobs, Phasing, no animation to get stuck in)

3. Needs some Math, but again a generosity hatred is around 56% more cold dmg vs a bit of flat chaos damage.

4. the build has 2 free links right now, with unset rings 4, do whatever you like.

5. Just do like you said, it should be fine.

6. The 3 points for ZO investment seem fine since all you could do is skill another 18 ES. One free flask slot is more worth than 3 skill points in my opinion.
Twitch: twitch.tv/gg_nore | Twitter: @Ler_GG
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
IGN: LerLoLGEE
"
macristo wrote:
How do you feel about not using spell echo? The only reason I haven't switched to added chaos yet is because spell echo cast speed is just amazing, do you really feel the dps is that much bigger on single target? And have you considered using a multistrike gem instead of melee splash for single target along with added chaos?

Echo is not needed anymore - You get so much cast speed from Silver Flask / Offering / Ascendancy nodes so all it does is leaving you with 1 wasted gem slot and a 10% less damage modifer which will gimp your PSN dmg.

Multi Strike has a less damage modifier like spell echo > will gimp your PNS dmg for no reason, do not use it.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
"
Is this build Sharper and guardians viable?

In Softcore for sure with certain modifications.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Excellent guide, thanks for taking the time to be so thorough. How would you change it for shaper on SC?
Last edited by dupie on Jan 2, 2017, 5:55:03 PM
Thanks for the answers. I should have mentioned I already had a *very* well rolled severed, cost about an ex. Probably save for a 6l next and working on linking one, we'll see which happens first (probably saving up, since Im not seeing many fusings so far).

For the guy you mentioned about trying to color a VR for Void manip, one trick to waste way less chromes is to buy a white 6l and roll reduced requirements on it before coloring (otherwise I hear it can cost thousands for those colors).
Last edited by taosk8r on Jan 2, 2017, 8:44:53 PM
"
dupie wrote:
Excellent guide, thanks for taking the time to be so thorough. How would you change it for shaper on SC?

Will need some Mana modifications or 2 mana flasks. The build relies on Vaal Clarity for maps usually.

Mana modifications can easily be done at the cost of some jewels.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on Jan 2, 2017, 9:36:19 PM
"
Couple of questions.

1) how necessary are grip of the council?
2) have you considered taking heart and soul and cruel preparation and placing an energy from within iin that jewel socket? If you do that maybe you can drop dreamer for deep thoughts for an extra 20 int.
3) Is there a specific reason that you use rainbowstide? You can buy higher ES boots, or is it just for the flat mana?
4)

1. Feel free to use Rare Gloves, Grip are around 4-7% more damage at the cost of some ES, especially useful for poison immune targets (Guardians)
2. Yes, I considered it. You can go that route if you aim for more Mana at the cost of some Minion Damage.
3. I use Rainbow for Entropy reasons since I was running with a Support. Feel free to buy better rares boots if you have spare currency. Rainbowstride = solid budget boots

#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Hi the build is great so far. As of right now I'm still using a Reverberation Rod. I won't be able to afford the Severed in Sleep or its upgraded version United in Dream. What weapon should I be using until I can save up for them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info