[HC] [2.6] Summon Toxic Spirits | Poison Summon Raging Spirits | By @Ler_GG

*** Updated - 11.08.2017 ***

BUILD IS OFFICIALLY DEAD - SORRY BOYS.
SWITCH TO ELE SRS!

UPDATED FAQS (22.03.2017)

UPDATED 2.6 SKILL TREE 115 POINTS:

"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAPuDXwN4g5cEHsRUBUnFdcXLxhWGYoajxslHNwdFB2qHb4fGCLqIvQksCj6LL8vbzOHNblFfkZxSI5JUUmxS65Ms025UftSKVXWVeBWY1fJWFpakVxrX7BgQ2TnZlRmnmh0aqxq-mvbbAttGW49b55wu3IPfRh_xoCkgseDCYRIhMWFYIaujHaMsY8aj0aP-pMnlG-bipuhm7WhL6cIpyuofarEtAy3MbiTvjq-T76AvorBxcM6w23KSsrTzLzNFtAf04_T-9fP2RPZW9pi2xrfiuGI6QLquuvu7Bjsg-yK74jv6_DV9tr3wffX-Tf56PrS-wn-SQ==

The build saves 2 points from the new Zealoth's Oath location and utilizes the new enegryshield wheel near vaal pact - free all res and some nice ES.
If you want to drop vaal clarity and use Vaal haste skill 4 points in MOM and the 3 points behind it and get 50% mana reg rings with flat mana reg and legacy rainbow strides with 100 mana roll. Enjoy.

The build is better then last league due to the skill tree rework.

Since so many people asked for a full list of gems, gear and level builds, I gathered all the information and experience with this build.

As I play only Hardcore, this build is Hardcore approved (Level 94 Breach HC). I reached top 100 in the Ladder, soloed Uber Lab, killed Atziri, did T15 twinned Challange and cleared all Breach Lord Domains using this build and setup.

Some easy rules in this thread:
- Keep it Summon Raging Spirits only.
- Suggestions/critics are welcome.
- Pm me, if you want something added.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current Stats and Gear
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

Gear:

Energy Shield:
12k+

Summon Raging Spirits, Toxic Spirits
"

Revision: 1.0

1 Summary
.. Introduction
.. Abbreviations
.. Pros
.. Cons

2 Build
.. Passive distribution (10, 20, 30, 40, 60, 70, 80, 90, 116 Points)
.. Core Passives
.. Endgame Build
.. Energy Shield / CI
.. Attributes

3 Gear
.. Weapon
.. Armor
.. Jewels
.. Flasks

4 Skill Set
.. Combat behavior
.. Auras
.. Full Gem List
.. Skill Support List

5 Quests & Ascendany
.. Bandit Quest
.. Ascendancy Nodes

6 Stream
.. Stream Link
.. Stream Info

7 Videos
.. Build Introduction
.. Level Guide
.. Maps

8 Theory Crafting

9 External Information
.. SRS Elemental Calculator

10 FAQS

1 Summary:
"
Introduction:
As you approach end game content, reliable effective hit points become important to avoid one shots especially in hardcore leagues. While the main goal should be to be able to do as many map mods as possible it should also be possible to achieve end game boss kills like Guardians, Shaper and Breach Lords. After a lot of theory crafting and testing I am finally able to present a build that can do most of the end game content in a comfortable and save way while it can also do any map mods in the game. In this approach uses a one hand / shield and the CI keystone.

It is important to add that this build can also be played low life using Shavronne's Wrapping and the new upgraded Chayula version. This version is less tanky with only small gains while it is incredible expensive (Shavronnes 400 chaos / Chayula Upgrade 250 chaos)

This build can only be played as a Witch (Necromancer)

Abbreviations:
To overcome confusion for newer players or to make sure we have the same thing in mind here is a list of abbreviations I might use during the write up:

ATTRB = Attributes
ES = Energy Shield
MS = Minion Speed
MD = Minion Damage
SRS = Summon Raging Spirits
Int = Intelligence
CI = Chaos Inoculation
ZO = Zealot's Oath
inc. = increased
SKE = Skill Effect Duration
RES = Resistances
EHP = Effective Hit points

Pros:
+ High EHP pool compared to normal SRS builds.
+ Absurd amount of single target damage.
+ Insane Movement Speed
+ Double dipping Poison.
+ Can overcome any map mode.
+ Can do damage from save distance, if the situation is tricky.
+ Ultra cheap to start with (good league starter).
+ Utilizes end game gear well (Scales well with better gear).
+ Excellent party build.

Cons:
- Minion AI.
- Mana issues without Vaal Clarity.
- Endgame version is expensive.
- No brain dead play style - Requires you to press a lot of buttons!

2 Build:
"
Endgame Build:
116 Points: Click me!

Passive progress:
Video about passive tree progression and skill pick ups: Click me!

10 Points: Click me!
20 Points: Click me!
30 Points: Click me!
40 Points: Click Me!
60 Points: Click me!
70 Points: Click me!
80 Points: Click Me!
100 Points: Click Me!

The point distributions are just a guide line. Adjust them to your needs.

You will progress the tree to the middle where you garb the MD nodes and the ISE nodes.
After that you want to move to the CI section grabbing the hybrid nodes.
Then you move forward to the top left grabbing more minion damage.
Your next stop will be the left side near the Templer area.
Now you progress to the Ranger area.
After you reached these points you start investing into the Aura reserve nodes to get more auras running.

CI transition is recommended around level 60. During the later stages you skill 2 points %ES, refund them and grab a jewel. You repeat this process until you reach level 100.

Core passives:
+ Chaos Inoculation
+ Zealot' s Oath
+ Potency of Will
+ Minion Damage / Attack Speed Nodes
+ Jewels

Attributes:
+ 24 to Strength
+ 74 Dexterity
+ 352 to Intelligence

You will need additional Strength and Dexterity on your gear and or jewels to use all the suggested skill gems.

Energy Shield / CI:
206%~ Increased energy shield from passives
70%~ Increased energy shield from Intelligence.
64%~ Increased energy shield from 8 Jewels
21%~ Increased Energy shield from Energy from Within
= 361% from tree + CI on top (15% more ES)!

Possible %ES enchants on rings and Intellect on gear to scale even more!

3 Gear (Weapon / Armor / Jewels / Flask):
"
Weapon:
A big component of this build is its Breach Unique Weapon (Drops in Chayulas Domain) Severed in Sleep or its upgraded version United in Dream

Why this weapon?:
Allows you to gain access to a 7. link effectively. This will result in poisoning minions which is insane because Minion Damage double dips on the Poison!
This will also allow you to use a Shield instead of a quiver(or just adds a shield if you use a staff) which will boost your Energy Shield pool into new heights!
The drawback is that you have to drop your +3 Staff / Bow in exchange to gain the 7. link which can be overcome by adding Empower to your core link.

Armor:
Aim for high Energy Shield on all pieces. A Nice addition can be Intellect since it will increased your energy shield by 1% per 5 Intelligence.
It is important to note that high energy shield pieces usually require 3 prefixes in form of % increased ES, flat ES and hybrid %ES / block,stun recovery. This means there can not be Mana rolls which make stacking high Mana values for easier sustain of SRS not possible or can only be achieved on rings without greater drawbacks.

The following list also contains the best crafting bases behind the item [Item (Base Type)].
Items should have an internal item level of 84 to roll the highest possible ES mods.

Suggested armor Stats:
Spoiler

Shield (Titanium Spirit Shield)
- High ES
Adds:
- Resistances
- Attributes
- Cast Speed (Master craft)

Helm (Hubris Circlets):
- High ES
- Lab Enchant, chance to gain additional SRS or SRS damage.
Adds:
- Attributes
- Resistances

Chest (Vaal Regalia):
- High ES
Adds:
- Resistances
- Attributes

Gloves (Sorcerer Gloves) / Optional Unique Grip of the Council
- High ES
Adds:
- Resistances
- Attributes

Grip of the council proves a nice MD increase with the additional cold damage while losing a bit of ES and MS.

Boots (Sorcerer Boots) / Optional Unique Rainbow Strides
- High ES
Adds:
- Resistances
- Attributes
- Movement Speed (30% if possible)

Belt (Crystal Belt):
- High ES
Adds:
- Resistances
- Attributes
- Flask Mods (Reduces charges used I.E)

Rings:
- High ES
- Inc. % ES (Master crafted)
Adds:
- Attributes
- Minion Speed (Essence of Fear craft)
- Cast Speed
- Resistances

Unique Eye of Chayula / Optional Rare Amulet:
- % Increase ES
- High ES
Adds:
- Cast Speed
- Attributes

You can also aim for a corrupted version with inc. MD !

Necessary / Optional Unique Items :
Spoiler
- Necessary: Severed in Sleep

- Optional: Eye of Chayula

- Optional: Grip of the Council

- Optional: Rainbowstride

Flasks:

I use a Basalt, a Silver, a Quicksilver, a Mana and a Granite.
The entire idea behind my flask setup is full immunity to dangerous status effects, as well as curse and bleed immunity. So you want one flask for each status alignment: Shock, Freeze and also bleed and shock immunity. The Mana flask is used when Vaal Clarity is down. For mobility purpose, a quicksilver is highly recommended.

Basalt Flask
- Reduced charges used or Increased Duration

Silver Flask
- Reduced charges used or Increased Duration

Quicksilver Flask
- Movement Speed
- Charge Recovery

Mana Flask
- Slower Mana regen

Granite
- Charge Recovery

Jewels:

SRS can only be scaled with Minion Damage so you want to have Minion Damage on every possible jewel! Look for the following Stats:
+ Increased Minion Damage
+ Increased % Maximum Energy shield
- Add: Cast Speed
- Add: Attributes

In addition you can add Energy from Within next to the Melding note for additional ES. Later on you can refund the melding cluster and use a MD/ES jewel and grab more 6% ES nodes instead.

4 Skill Set (Skills, Auras, Combat behavior):
"
Combat behavior:
Our main attack is Summon Raging Spirits (SRS). The goal is to have a maximum SRS stack of 20 up at all time, only dropping to a lower stack while moving. The general idea is to move, cast a few SRS, move, cast a few SRS, move ... . The second thing you want to achieve is 100% up time of your offering spell (Flesh or Spirit Offering). This will greatly increase your clear speed.
If you run out of corpses, use Desecrate to create corpses you can consume with your offering.
It is also important to note that you want to use desecrate if possible every 4 seconds to maximize your ascendancy Node Spirit Eater. To reduce the chance enemies target you, always use phase run while moving.

When it comes to movement, the build is insanely fast paced if played to its maximum potential but this requires you to press the buttons in the right order, always:
1. Cast Flesh Offering
2. Use Quicksilver
3. Use Phase run
4. Profit: Insane Movement Speed!

For Lab purposes and other movement obstacles keep a Flame Dash in your inventory and use it situational.

Auras:
When it comes to auras, there is several information you want to consider.
At first, you are able to run 4 Auras with this build. To achieve that, you need to invest into reduced mana reservation passives. Before you do not have all reduced mana reservation nodes from the skill tree, you will need to run less auras.

There is only one Aura setup that we consider:
Discipline / Haste / Hatred / Level 1 Clarity

+ Discipline
Used to boost your ES pool which results in more EHP.

+ Hatred
SRS is based on physical Damage. Scaling it with Hatred gives a nice damage boost. It is important to note that this damage will not double dip on the poison component.
The effect hatred provides is not beneficial for you, but your minions so link it with Generosity!

+ Haste
Insane damage inc. on your SRS. Movement speed is also nice for better clear speed while the cast speed is nice to get more SRS out.

+ Level 1 Clarity
Only used to get one more Aura up for Commander of Darkness Ascendancy Node.

There is still the option to go low life using Shavronne's Wrapping which would allow more Auras.

Full Gem List (Skill and Support):

Skill Gems:
Summon Raging Spirits Level 21(Quality Recommended)
Phase Run (Quality Recommended)
Summon Zombie (Quality Recommended)
Summon Lightning Golem or Summon Chaos Golem (Quality Recommended)
Flesh Offering or Spirit Offering (Quality Recommended)
Desecrate (Quality Recommended)
Immortal Call
Discipline
Hatred (Quality Recommended)
Haste (Quality Recommended)
Clarity
Vaal Clarity
Vaal Haste

Support Gems:
Faster Casting (Quality Recommended)
Increased Duration (Quality Recommended)
Generosity (Quality Recommended)
Cast when Damage Taken
Melee Physical Damage (Quality Recommended)
Melee Splash / Added Fire (Quality Recommended)
Minion Damage (Quality Recommended)
Added Chaos / Void Manipulation (Quality Recommended)
Empower

Skill Support List:

Clarity
Haste
Discpline
Desecrate
Summon Zombie
Summon Lightning Golem

These gems do not require to be linked to anything in particular. There are certain options you can go for. Your gem slots are very limited so choose wisely. For longer single target boss fights use multiple Vaal Clarities. For Mapping I recommend Culling Strike / Item Rarity on Zombies or for hard maps Vaal Haste if you need more damage.

Summon Raging Spirits
1. Minion Damage
2. Melee Splash / Swap for Added fire (Single Target)
3. Melee Physical Damage
4. Empower
5. Added Chaos / Void Manipulation

When you have a level 21 SRS and a level 3 Empower switch Added Chaos for Void Manipulation since the base chaos damage due to the physical portion will out scale Added Chaos.
You also need to understand that coloring a Vaal Regalia to 4 off-colots (2B3R1G) is not the easiest task and can be if unlucky quite expensive (we talk about thousands of Chromatics) so Added Chaos can still be an option even if you have the mentioned SRS/Empower setup.

Aura links:
Hatred
+ Generosity

Link Hatred always with a Generosity to increase its effect.

Support link 1
Vaal Clarity
+ Increased Duration

This setup is mandatory to maximize your up time on Vaal Clarity.

Support link 2
Immortal Call
+ Cast when damage taken

Standard CDWT IC setup.

Utility Link
Phase Rune
Flesh Offering / Spirit Offering
+ Increased Duration
+ Faster Casting

Increased Duration is mandatory for more uptime, lesser casts needed which allows you to cast more SRS. Faster Casting follows the same logic: Faster cast animation will result in faster movement due to shorter animation locks and also more SRS casts.

5 Quests & Ascendancy Nodes:
"

Bandits Quest:

Normal
- Skill Point (Kill all Bandits)

Cruel
- 5% cast Speed, Help Alira (kill Krayton / Oak)

Merciless
- Skill Point (Kill all Bandits)

Ascendancy Nodes:

Normal Lab
- Mistress of Sacrifice

Cruel Lab
- Commander of Darkness

Merciless Lab
- Spirit Eater

Merciless Lab
- Beacon of Corruption

6 Game play Stream (Party and Solo / Hardcore):
"
www.twitch.tv/gg_nore

Streaming every day. If you have any questions, or need help, feel free to join me and ask in the stream's chat.

7 Videos:
"

Build Introduction:
Click me!

Level Guide:
Click me!

Maps:
Click me! (T15, Courtyard)

8 Theory Crafting:
"

One day here might be something. SOON TM

9 External Information:

"
My SRS Calculator (Elemental Version):Click Me

10 FAQS:
"

Do I need Severed in Sleep immediately?
- No you do not! However it will increase your damage output significantly, especially vs single target!

Do I need to upgrade into United in Dreams?
- No you do not. Only upgrade to "United in Dreams" if you are super rich OR you go low life with Shavronnes. Use Envy then as additional aura.

Do I run Envy if I have "United in Dreams"?
- No you do not run Envy. Only run Envy as an additional Aura if you are Low Life using Shavronnes ELSE ITS NOT WORTH IT!

When do I transition into CI?
- Around level 60. A good value of ES would be 4,5-5k after your transition.

What do I do before CI?
- You play hybrid (ES / Life) until your gear is good enough to make the CI transition.

Can I level with SRS / this build?
- Yes, you can! Start using SRS from the beginning with Zombies!

I can not afford a 6 link, what to do?
- No problem! Use a +2 Minion helmet with your SRS 4 link in it. This will basically give you a 5 link with a level 2 empower. After that you get Severed in Sleep which will give you a 6 link effectively. After you Empower reached level 2 you upgrade from a 4 to a 6 link without a 5 link in between!

How to sustain Mana?
- You do not. Use Vaal Clarity!
- If you are low life using Shavronnes run a high level clarity on your life.
- Invest heavily into Mana nodes (MOM / Deepthoughts / .... ) and get heavy mana regen on gear as well as flat mana on every possible slot without dropping ES prefixes.

Why not Low Life (Shavronnes)?
- If you are rich as fuck, go ahead.
- If you go life run a high level clarity + Envy if you have United in Dreams. If you do not have United in Dreams you can run Grace for defence or Wrath for offense.

Can this build do Shaper and Guardians?
- I am quite certain it can.

How do you EE( Elemental Equilibrium)?
- I am lazy as fuck, but if you wish to do so grab it for 1 point and EE on lighting with Arc.

Where are your curses?
- Again, I am lazy as fuck. If you wish to curse use Vulnerability.

Can I Dual Curse?
- Yes no problem. Just spec the additional Curse, use Ball Lightning / Arc to apply your desired curses. Might force you to drop a faster casting on other skills to gain an additional gem slot. Unset rings make it also possible.

Where is your Vaal Haste?
- Vaal Haste is nice to have but not mandatory. Feel free to use it if you like.

Latest change:
Spoiler

UPDATED FAQS

Full Change log:
Spoiler

- Added new FAQs.

- Added new optimized 2.6 Skilltree

- Build release.

Twitch: twitch.tv/gg_nore | Twitter: @Ler_GG
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
IGN: LerLoLGEE
Last edited by Ler on Aug 11, 2017, 2:21:45 AM
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2017, 2:13:26 AM
reserve
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
I love pie.
I know you sort of cover this in your video, but how do you feel this honestly stacks up to the Bow/Quiver meta right now?

Able to take down end game bosses without the +3 that the bow/staff provide?

"
shahmat1972 wrote:
I know you sort of cover this in your video, but how do you feel this honestly stacks up to the Bow/Quiver meta right now?

Able to take down end game bosses without the +3 that the bow/staff provide?

Double Dipping Poison is for sure as good as normal SRS builds, if not better when it comes to taking down endgame related bosses.

Thre is only one variant that might do equal damage and that would be a full elemental conversion SRS build using Grip of the council in a +3 Staff / Bow with Phys To Lighting and ele Focus including a support debuffing Ele Weakness / EE + provding generosity Hatred while being low life yourself to gain all 3 elemental damage auras. I think we agree that this version has literally no ES so it requires a support to keep it alive.

On that fact we can conclude that a bit more damage if not equal damage vs absurd ES and no support requirement to gain access to elemental damage auras makes the Toxic SRS variant superior.

It requires some testing of course, but I am certain any boss in the game can be taken down with this build due to the fact that you can reach absurd high amounts of energy shield which leaves you with a lot room for errors during encounters I.E Shaper.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on Dec 29, 2016, 10:52:09 AM
Ler,

Thank you for your speedy reply, and how articulate you are. I am guessing English is not your primary language although you speak better then most of my friends who have only English in the tool box.

I love PoE and my main is a 90 raider right now that while strong I never really see a reason to go deep into the 90's for one extra node or so...

So I want my next build to be a Summoner of some sort. I am stuck between Your build or a Golem build. I have enough cash to spend on either from my main ( Like I know the gems cost a bit for golem build).

Can I ask you though, do you feel like the stoping to cast made the build feel clunky? At times in your video it looks like you had to wait a small time ( In PoE terms, given the new meta seams to be run and gun ) to etiher wait for your Vaal Clarity or Mana in general.

My thoughts on Golems is you don't have to cast them as often, ALTHOUGH the pain I see in golems is waiting on Conv so that you can get them to catch up......

The pain is real, I am losing sleep over this decision lol. Today is my Friday at work, when I get home, I am going to grind out one of them... Any insight from you or anyone would help a ton!

Ok, so.. I used this speed levelling guide, and although I have a 5l chest, I'm just keeping the BF totem in there for now (I also just bought I pretty solid +2 minion ES helm, plus my build is a bit different, and I don't have room for VC now, so the lower mana usage fits well). For right now I'm using SRS, minion speed, minion damage, and added chaos. I see you don't use the speed, but it seems important since the SRS are duration based (plus being a minion support, it benefits from the helm). My Empower just got to lvl 2, would I be better off using that instead of the added chaos, and would you recommend I change any other links?

Oh.. Also, I'm using a quality temp chains, both as defense, and to extend the poison DOT. Would you recommend vuln over that?
Last edited by taosk8r on Dec 29, 2016, 4:24:35 PM
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
Ler,

Thank you for your speedy reply, and how articulate you are. I am guessing English is not your primary language although you speak better then most of my friends who have only English in the tool box.

I love PoE and my main is a 90 raider right now that while strong I never really see a reason to go deep into the 90's for one extra node or so...

So I want my next build to be a Summoner of some sort. I am stuck between Your build or a Golem build. I have enough cash to spend on either from my main ( Like I know the gems cost a bit for golem build).

Can I ask you though, do you feel like the stoping to cast made the build feel clunky? At times in your video it looks like you had to wait a small time ( In PoE terms, given the new meta seams to be run and gun ) to etiher wait for your Vaal Clarity or Mana in general.

My thoughts on Golems is you don't have to cast them as often, ALTHOUGH the pain I see in golems is waiting on Conv so that you can get them to catch up......

The pain is real, I am losing sleep over this decision lol. Today is my Friday at work, when I get home, I am going to grind out one of them... Any insight from you or anyone would help a ton!

The clunky play style mainly came from 200 ping on US servers. In my opinion SRS is the only valid minion AI. With GG (minion speed on rings, lvl 3 empower, 21 srs) gear SRS > all summoner builds in clear speed terms.

The thing that you actually reefer to is the fact, that the SRS will stay like 150-200ms at their spawn location before they move like a totem that does not do anything when it is summoned. Its a POE related thing that you can not overcome. That is also the reason why LA and Kinetic Blast are the fucking kings when it comes to clear speed, no delayed instant dmg = gg.

At the start of the map you need to kill a few mobs for Vaal Clarity, takes like 10 sec. After that you usually never stop. Another option is to use a second Vaal Clartiy as a backup.

If you wanna run all map mods and level fast and save SRS is king, and it can also clear endgame content like Breach Lords and Guardians/Shaper. Its also super Tanky so...

Golems are prolly better for farming Shaper/Guardians, but I am not sure about that either.

P.S. English is not my native language lul
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on Dec 29, 2016, 11:13:36 PM
"
taosk8r wrote:
Ok, so.. I used this speed levelling guide, and although I have a 5l chest, I'm just keeping the BF totem in there for now (I also just bought I pretty solid +2 minion ES helm, plus my build is a bit different, and I don't have room for VC now, so the lower mana usage fits well). For right now I'm using SRS, minion speed, minion damage, and added chaos. I see you don't use the speed, but it seems important since the SRS are duration based (plus being a minion support, it benefits from the helm). My Empower just got to lvl 2, would I be better off using that instead of the added chaos, and would you recommend I change any other links?

Oh.. Also, I'm using a quality temp chains, both as defense, and to extend the poison DOT. Would you recommend vuln over that?

Use SRS + Minion Damage + Melee Splash + Melee Phys in your +2 minion helmet.
Buy Severed in Sleep.
After that save money for a 6 link, do not buy a 5 link, its useless! (+2 Minion Helm = lvl 3 Empower)
Put SRS + Minion Damage + Melee Splash + Melee Phys + Added Chaos + Empower in the 6 link.

Curse question:
Use Temp Chains only for hard content if you feel you need it
Use Elemental Weakness if you do not have Severed in Sleep if you want more damage.
use Vulnerability if you have Severed in Sleep couz it will double dip compared to Ele. Weakness.

#3 Hardcore Duelist |
"
I had an idea to run a very similar build. I am curious, did you kill Uber Atziri or the Shaper yet?

No, I stopped playing at level 94 after I hit top 100 because I am mainly playing Dota 2.
In SC I am 100% certain that the build can take down Shaper and Uber Atziri if you make small adjustments.
In HC, it will be not an easy task, but should also be possible.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on Dec 31, 2016, 10:15:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info